A week of Dreams Joy & Magic Study Group

lunalafey

NO- the last excercise is not over yet, anyone new wanting to join "Interview with a Fey" study, feel free. That study can be worked perpetually.....I just want to get ready for another round of excercises and participants.

First- have a look at this past thread(the first study). The study will be something very much like this.

In this round we will be using the DREAM-JOY-MAGIC spread from the Fey's book.

The time we will be looking at will be the last week in June, the 24th to the 30th. Check your calandars and note any schedualed events especially as well as work and family duties.

Step #1- Note any dates and duties to be fullfilled during this time period.
Step #2- Answer these three questions:

• What are my dreams for this week, what do I hope/plan to accomplish?
    What things can bring me joy this week, what fun can I expect?
    What is my way of magic?, omens, coincidences, intuitive thought?
Step #3- Prepare yourself (ground center ritual) and your deck (shuffle cut)
Step #4- Lay out the three cards of the spread face down.
Step #5- Starting with what ever card position calls to you, {DO NOT turn card over yet} clear your mind and let the thoughts or images flow freely and write any and everything that comes to mind; related or not to it's position. {see link above & step #6}
Step #6- Turn card over and quickly write, without thinking and with out discarding any thoughts; write down images, words, colors, numbers or phrases that come to mind in the first 10 seconds.{condensed version of step #5}
Step #7 Read the card as you normally do for any reading.
Step #8 Repeat steps #5 thru #7 for 2nd card and 3rd card.

* Post your readings in THIS thread and have them posted by the 22nd

-Break-

I will explain the rest later- it is basically looking at the week as it progresses....and then some...

so who do we have that is interested? Hope to see some of the new fey owners over here;)

sacredashes

i'm in...

hi luna,

the interview was and is lots of fun. count me in for this one too.
thanks.

lunalafey

I'm bumping this up as a reminder-
If you are interested in participating, just say so ;)

OakDragon

Ooo, I'd like to! :)

Moongold

I'd like to participate as well. This deck is quite extraordinary.

Simone

I am out this time, because my students are having tests and I need to spend a bit more time with my work during this week :D but the next studies I am present again!

My apologies...

sunflowr

lunalafey said:
NO- the last excercise is not over yet, anyone new wanting to join "Interview with a Fey" study, feel free. That study can be worked perpetually.....I just want to get ready for another round of excercises and participants.

First- have a look at this past thread(the first study). The study will be something very much like this.

In this round we will be using the DREAM-JOY-MAGIC spread from the Fey's book.

The time we will be looking at will be the last week in June, the 24th to the 30th. Check your calandars and note any schedualed events especially as well as work and family duties.

• What are my dreams for this week, what do I hope/plan to accomplish?
Step #4- Lay out the three cards of the spread face down.
Step #5- Starting with what ever card position calls to you, {DO NOT turn card over yet} clear your mind and let the thoughts or images flow freely and write any and everything that comes to mind; related or not to it's position. {see link above & step #6}
Step #6- Turn card over and quickly write, without thinking and with out discarding any thoughts; write down images, words, colors, numbers or phrases that come to mind in the first 10 seconds.{condensed version of step #5}
Step #8 Repeat steps #5 thru #7 for 2nd card and 3rd card.

* Post your readings in THIS thread and have them posted by the 22nd

-Break-

I will explain the rest later- it is basically looking at the week as it progresses....and then some...

so who do we have that is interested? Hope to see some of the new fey owners over here;)

I'm new to this group, but have been a Fey tarot owner for over 2 years! Just havent played with the Fey very much. I am thinking this is a great way to get started. :)

Do we post everything (the answers to the questions we ask ourselves, the images that come to mind before turning the card over, etc).. or do we just post the reading? I'm hoping someone posts an example before the 22nd. I'll probably do this reading tomorrow and post it before the 22nd. Just want to be sure I understand. :)

lunalafey

Yes- post the whole experience :D
I'll have mine up soon, I need to take it from paper & pencil form into typed text...

lunalafey

Luna La Fey's D-J-M reading

Dreams-Joy-Magic study
for the week of the 24th through the 30th

This is my last week at the job I have held for five years.
Wednesday I have a meeting to attend. I have been appointed head of the "Signs Crew" for the local Reggae festival (world's largest too) and there is a coordinators meeting on site (if the river gets low enough to put the bridge in)

What are my dreams for this week, what do I hope/plan to accomplish?
DREAMS-
Finding a new source, or reviving an old source of income. As mentioned above, I quit my job, but have nothing to go to for income other than peddling my abilities and wares (I make stuff).
My dream would be to be able to do something with my creative talents and have it pay off or at least pay the bills.
I am sorta doing that for the festival. It is a paid position, but it's a flat amount for any work I do between now and then; and I get paid in August.
My dream is that Fate will present me with some opprotunity- or guide me towards what I can do that is enjoyable and is an outlet for my creative nature.

JOY-
con't with the comments above....
Being done with the job will be a relief, thus a joy in itself. I had fun painting signs at the festival last year. I got easily talked into it last year, as simply a sign painter (I have lettering skills). Due to circumstances and being at the right place at the right time (and 'it's who you know'), lead to my being the 'head' of the crew this year. What would also bring me joy would be that the tourists are out and spending money. I made thousands of dollars a month off those travelers many years ago (when we had a democratic president), I hope it can happen again. This will be the week that I go out and test those waters. Selling my creative products delights me becuase I am my own boss and I like making all the different things I do. It's just fun!

MAGIC-
another con't echo of the above comments.....
Magic comes from the 'cosmic roadsigns' that I look for & that guide me. I timed the quiting of my job based on this belief. Magic can be found when I stop the fear and worry about something and just 'do-it!'. Doing it with out worry brings blessings and rewards, as if produced magically.
I have postponed quiting because of my worry- but I have done so and there is no going back (well- there is, my boss would welcome such news, but personally, spiritually, I cannot). Magic will be that touch of Fate's hand, and probably in the Fey I am about to see.....

:D Step #4- Lay out the three cards of the spread face down :D

FIRST POSITION
Step #5- Starting with what ever card position calls to you, {DO NOT turn card over yet} clear your mind and let the thoughts or images flow freely and write any and everything that comes to mind; related or not to it's position.
(I did them in order, actually....what happened was, I forget this pre-step to turning over the cards, so I took a break and then took the cards after I wrote about them and mixed them back up and drew off the top, got 'connected' with the card before seeing what it was and wrote down the impressions....in the end the Fey had positioned themselves in their original order...leave it to the Fey!)

pre-impressions-
Green- 'green with envy'- Rich/enriched. Base; homebase/foundation-roots.
Clothing. What is important....."8 of Pentacles - Dreams"

Step #6- Turn card over and quickly write, without thinking and with out discarding any thoughts; write down images, words, colors, numbers or phrases that come to mind.

"8 of Pentacles - Dreams"
Dream of living off my art- doing what I want to do, what brings me joy...'When you take life to serious, you lose the art' favorite saying from Maynard Keenan
Boss asking, "what you gonna do?".....I respond with, "throw myself into my art."
SIGNS CREW!

DREAMS- 8 of Pentacles
Don't think that there could have been a more fitting card to fall in this position. The image alone expresses exactly what I have metioned so far. I just want to do my artistic thing and hopefully make a decent living from it. I saw art the other day that had, IMO, quite a rich price for what was considered a painting. If they can do that and make it, I certainaly can! I am fortunate that, for such a small community, there are quite a few outlets for framed art (a new avenue for me).
I don't see myself getting started on any projects during this week, but I guess I should look into these outlets and see what is required. Do I need some sort of "membership" to a collective or something. Then again, I am itching to paint! and I have some great original ideas. Maybe I will start something! Then there is being the Sign Crew Coordinator for ROTR
The one part of this card that is out of place for me is the studio. This Fey has a dedicated work-space, I don't. I am more likely to creat something if it's sitting there waiting for me. Not having a work space hinders my creative desires.

Step #8 Repeat steps #5 thru #7 for 2nd card and 3rd card

SECOND POSITION
Step #5-
pre-impressions-
Yellow, instinct, retraction, observation, accumulation, activity, cooperation....."10 of Wands"

Step #6-
"10 of Wands"
fruits of one's labor, heavy load, back breaking work- much effort, alot of work.

Step #7-
JOY- 10 of Wands
Why be happy? Having the fruits of my labor pay off would be a delight! With a job, I lived comfortably, having enough to pay the bills, but not really get ahead or even provide some real security- quiting with nothing really to bring in those finances is a big leap of Faith, as well as a reminder of what it takes to make my own money. It will take twice as much effort to make the same amount of money- but I will be doing something that I really enjoy, and can be a real boost to the soul and spirit. That I can do it with out a 'job'. There is that chance that I could go totally broke, but this card is what I have to be happy about. Be it prophetic? that I have made the right moves at the right time and letting go of worry will make everythng work out OK. This is the first card out of many reading on "the issue of a job/my art" that is a bit of a relief. Most readings of the past had been contridictory/confussing and did not show much hope or success.

THIRD POSITION
Step #5-
pre-impressions
Spirit & body. Wealth, hesitation, woven intigration. Use- Saturian Energies. Yellow-stone...."3 of Chalices"

Step #6-
"3 of Chalices"
A Wishing Chalice, dance & celebration around the 'well'. fulfillment.

Step #7-
MAGIC- 3 of Chalices
Celebrating my good fortune? In the pre-impressions alot came up that was quite positive in the area of material gain. Then the cards refected that even more so. I hope this will work out this way. The #3 is a number that sticks with me, the Empress is my soul/personality card. A few days ago a creative 'trinity' was formed in the midst of magic and a story, we shall see how that evolves.
One of the reasons I had to get away from the job, I was miserable, but clung to it for the income. I just was not happy anymore but I also worried and that held me down. As I mentioned, the magic I have experienced in the past comes from letting go of those fears and worries and thus I am provided with what I need, when I need it. Like Fate steps in with her magic.
These Fey have no worries!

wizzle

the pressure, the pressure

i just got my fey deck today. already i'm a wastral and no good. i can't do this

mercy, please