A question about The Fool

pickled pixie

oooh thanks skydancer!!!....wow looks fab *thumbs up*
how did I get my name....hmmm....has something to do with being on the short side and liking the odd tipple ;)

pp xxx

dadsnook2000

A way in which to look at one card or three cards.

Recently in the Daily Draw for the Fey Tarot I had suggested to Tarotbear a way of looking at a single card that gave us both a broader and a deeper look at the card. We can use these suggested views to apply in any spread where a card postion has a similar meaning. But to "review" a card in order to better understand it we can look at it from the perspective of:

** Situation and Action. What the card means in terms of a situation we find ourselves in and the way we might manage it.
** Values and Beliefs. What the card indicates about the values that one holds and the inner beliefs that drive those values.
** Relationship Issues. How we might see a current relationship in terms of our participation, what we receive from it, how we act within it.
** Aspirations and Goals. How the card might point out our true goals in life and the way we chase them.
** Results or Outcome. What this card would signify as a final ending card.

In other threads I used Robert Place's energy flow method to evaluate a three card spread. I've done private readings using the Triangle Spread (two cards on each side with a card in the middle) The base two cards represent the situation, the right-side cards the challenge and resources, the left-side cards the opposition and outcome, with the middle card having an overall influence. In this kind of spread I use the center card as the "middle card" for each of the Triangle's pairs. This energy flow approach adds some real depth to a reading.

I also like the idea of taking any three cards and mixing them up into differing positions within a PPF spread. That would also stretch our thoughts and add some insight into each of the card meanings. This is a shorter version of my five perspectives approach. So, lets talk about it and then do it. Dave

tarobones

I'm honored!

Hi Dave,
LOL, I'm honored to be confused with the noted Tarot author Tarotbear, but I can't claim any of the credit for his wonderful book or wonderful posts. It was just lil' ole me, Tarobones................but I use your suggestion daily, even though I may not always post about it. Thanks again for your contributions to the Fey threads! BB, Michael

Skydancer

Hi All!

1_ "the odd tipple" ... Ahh yes, you're a Brit!

2_ it IS hard to tell you two 'taro' guys apart - I've confused posts by you both myself, attributing one to the other!

3_ "In this kind of spread I use the center card as the "middle card" for each of the Triangle's pairs. This energy flow approach adds some real depth to a reading." ------- I've just begun to use this idea of energy flow when reading. I've probably been doing something like it all along, but just these past couple of weeks I've been doing it quite consciously. As opposed to what, unconsciously??!

Anyway - I've been experimenting with PPF or 'First this - then this - then this' spreads and then rearranging the cards to see if I still get the same sort of outcome, or can read it in such a way that similar information is imparted. In my first attempts it wasn't working out too well. I think it's because the man who wrote the book Tarot Tell the Tale used historical situations where the outcome and the parties envolved where already known. It's not the same, using it on a madeup situation where we can't really test it.

I'll keep at it though, with the wee Fae, and will start a new thread when I come up with something. Or don't come up with something, if indeed that is how it is destined to go.

You know? This could get confusing ....

*S*

pickled pixie

"the odd tipple" ... Ahh yes, you're a Brit!

LOL....oh yeah ....I mean I like an 'ice cold Bud' ;)

*makes mental note* ...must sound cool!! :D

pp xxx

dadsnook2000

For skydancer and pickeled pixie

How are your use of the "energy flow" style of interpreting the cards going? I haven't done a tarot spread in a week or two so I have no new experiences to show or talk about. Have been working on the web-site and doing some wood burning as opposed to carving. Here in the US we are getting ready to tip a few cool ones -- our football Super Bowl Sunday is coming up. I've heard on the TV this morning that this date is the biggest eating event other than our Thanksgiving Day in December -- more beer, more avocadoes and guacomolie dip, more carrot (yes carrots are eaten raw as snack food more than any other day of the year), its all totally amazing. Dave

pickled pixie

Hi Dadsnook2000
I haven't had a chance to play with the fey this week as have been laid up with flu, but am starting to feel a little better so shall be back on it this week!

"Here in the US we are getting ready to tip a few cool ones -- our football Super Bowl Sunday is coming up. I've heard on the TV this morning that this date is the biggest eating event other than our Thanksgiving Day in December -- more beer, more avocadoes and guacomolie dip, more carrot (yes carrots are eaten raw as snack food more than any other day of the year), its all totally amazing."

Crack me open a beer (i'll swap the raw carrot for a big bowl of mash potatoe thankyou ;) )...I'm on the next flight over... :D

Skydancer

!! ~ SuperBowlWeekend ~ !!

Ahh yes .... and our beloved Detroit is getting snowed in!! *hehe*

Well, that's how it goes, eh? :)

[okay, Moddies; I'll get back on track. Gesh - put the whip away!!]

Energy flow:
I had a 3 card reading on Friday I think - and I'll have to come back and edit this to tell which 3 cards it was, but at any rate - the movement went from far left --> to the left edge of the middle card, color and people positions --> then to the left side of the far right card -- and it really stood out and made complete sense and answered the question, even without thinking at all about the "meaning of the cards".

Once you start looking for "flow" more direction and movement catches the eye. But I'm thinking you really meant this:

Triangle Spread (two cards on each side with a card in the middle) The base two cards represent the situation, the right-side cards the challenge and resources, the left-side cards the opposition and outcome, with the middle card having an overall influence. In this kind of spread I use the center card as the "middle card" for each of the Triangle's pairs. This energy flow approach adds some real depth to a reading.

I haven't worked with that yet as this weekend has been hectic.
Will post more a bit later.

Is wishing someone a Happy Super Bowl Sunday the same as wishing them a Merry Christmas?

*S*
:)

erartemis

The Fool Intuition

hai pickled pixie, thx for the thread starter about The Fool #0 meaning.

I was interested to this thread since I read at the Tarot Study Basic, said that for a beginner we have to learn to understand each card meaning and it started from The Fool. and the discussion broaden my view about this The Fool card in Fey Tarot. is there any meaning of the fey dress (stitch together), the colors and ear with 3 earings?

first time when I saw this card, I was thinking that the Fey never see his own figure at the mirror (do self-reflection), and think that the jack-o-lentern is the same with his face. the jack-o-lentern is laughing at his silliness. that's why he didn't realize that the bondary is his self (in his mind - maybe negative thinking / pesimistic attitude / not focus) and didn't realize that he do have the key (answer).

but this meaning is different with what Thirteen's observation (at basic learning tarot) that The Fool is begining for everything, back to zero. or this card also discribe it, which I haven't get the intuition? :?

dadsnook2000

For erartemis

The Fey Fool card is different from other tarot decks, especially the Waite-Smith decks. The Fey Fool expands or broadens the meanings typically given to the W-S Fool, it implies that the Fool is naive and just beginning the learning/discovery process (which is also a journey of the mind). The Fey Fool doesn't know what he has encountered and he has been distracted -- this is typical of many who are starting out on a journey and have no travel experience. It is the perogative of each tarot creator to imbue the overall deck design and concept with thier own views. Here, the book author and the artistic creator have worked so well together that they may have established a clearly defined and unique perspective that allows us tarot readers to move to a place where the physical, mystical, spiritual, magical realms all intersect. This place allows us to see and counsel clients from a "higher" and more beneficial perspective I believe.

At almost 70 years of age, and after a lifetime of working in industry and computer sciences, the idea of being drawn to fairy-folks seems impossible, yet this deck is not frivolous -- it is very deep and well concieved. As an artist myself (see www.tarotpride.com) I have to admire the work that went into this wonderful tarot deck. Dave