Sylvie Steinbach's Lenormand Oracle - 'no layout' method circle

IheartTarot

Confirmation question

Sylvie Steinbach said:
I just finished a workshop on pendulum tonight

I apologize in advance if this question is off-topic. :)

Hi Sylvie, I see that you mention a pendulum workshop in this thread (I'm not sure if you gave it or attended it?) and also recommend getting confirmation on "no layout" readings where necessary by asking different questions.

I would like to hear your opinion on doing Yes/No readings for confirmation on no layout readings, either with a pendulum or with a 3 card Lenormand spread where the cards include a PC inset (I use a system I picked up here on AT where red means yes and black means no, 3 reds is a definite Yes and 3 blacks is a definite No etc. I have also found that the 3 cards often tell a relevant story apart from the Yes/No answer.). Is this topic something you might be including in one of your e-books in the pipeline?

My personal opinion is that it is not foolproof and it works best with factual and sincere, ethical questions.

Thanks in advance for feedback from Sylvie or anyone else who has tried this with Sylvie's "no layout" spread!

IheartTarot

P.S. Should this thread be included in the Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group Index? It is not so easy to find...

Sylvie Steinbach

IheartTarot

Hi!

I do host and teach pendulum in Venice CA once every few weeks; it is usually advertised in major event sites in L.A. One can bring his/her pendulum or use the ones we have available on site. Students learn what a pendulum can do and the pitfalls. The workshop is a two hour class with hands-on exercises including a treasure hunt.

<You asked, Quote: "I would like to hear your opinion on doing Yes/No readings for confirmation on no layout readings, either with a pendulum or with a 3 card Lenormand spread where the cards include a PC inset (I use a system I picked up here on AT where red means yes and black means no, 3 reds is a definite Yes and 3 blacks is a definite No etc. I have also found that the 3 cards often tell a relevant story apart from the Yes/No answer.). Is this topic something you might be including in one of your e-books in the pipeline?">

None of the techniques you are describing are used in the 'no layout' teachings and live workshops. Confirmation questions are just questions that are re-worded to see if the same answer is coming up or/and using different angle questions to see if they would describe the same situation as an answer. Would this be part of an e-book chapter? Absolutely!

In my experience, the ones you just described aren't reliable as those techniques have been around for ages. They were used in cartomancy with playing cards! However they aren't part of my no layout' process. Furthermore I do not endorse those methods (I have tested those when I was in my teens) as I don't find them reliable. Pendulum verification is ok but again it is outside of the 'no layout' teachings. However you can use whatever you feel works for you as long as it proves to be accurate.

Thank you for asking ;-)

Sylvie Steinbach

The circle

This thread is not part of the virtual class and is meant to be a place where people can ask tech questions only on the 'no layout' system or the Lenormand deck (we don't address the traditional system); past students or sometimes myself will answer or point to the right direction. This is not a teaching thread as we assumed you have studied the virtual class and read throughouly the book from front cover to the back one!

IheartTarot

Sylvie Steinbach said:
I do host and teach pendulum in Venice CA once every few weeks; it is usually advertised in major event sites in L.A. One can bring his/her pendulum or use the ones we have available on site. Students learn what a pendulum can do and the pitfalls. The workshop is a two hour class with hands-on exercises including a treasure hunt.

I wish I lived close enough to attend one of these! :)

Sylvie Steinbach said:
None of the techniques you are describing are used in the 'no layout' teachings and live workshops. Confirmation questions are just questions that are re-worded to see if the same answer is coming up or/and using different angle questions to see if they would describe the same situation as an answer. Would this be part of an e-book chapter? Absolutely!

I am looking forward to your e-books. :)

Sylvie Steinbach said:
In my experience, the ones you just described aren't reliable as those techniques have been around for ages. They were used in cartomancy with playing cards! However they aren't part of my no layout' process. Furthermore I do not endorse those methods (I have tested those when I was in my teens) as I don't find them reliable. Pendulum verification is ok but again it is outside of the 'no layout' teachings. However you can use whatever you feel works for you as long as it proves to be accurate.

Thanks for a very comprehensive answer Sylvie! :)

IheartTarot

Sylvie Steinbach said:
This thread is not part of the virtual class and is meant to be a place where people can ask tech questions only on the 'no layout' system or the Lenormand deck (we don't address the traditional system); past students or sometimes myself will answer or point to the right direction. This is not a teaching thread as we assumed you have studied the virtual class and read throughouly the book from front cover to the back one!

OK thanks I just wish it could be pinned so that it is easier to locate.

IheartTarot

Book example question

Hi Sylvie

I understand from your book (p188) and your study group threads that the cards to the left of the key card represent the past or present while the cards to the right represent the present or the (possible) future.

In the example on p194/5 (question related to Angie possibly returning to Michael whom she has left) we have:

Ship+Horseman+WOMAN+Clouds+Anchor

I understand the Ship shows Angie leaving in the past. I understand that the Ship+Horseman combination can indicate a back and forth movement and hence a return to Michael, but if "the horseman predicts a return" (in the future) why is it on the left and not on the right of the key card?

Thanks in advance!

Sylvie Steinbach

Past/Future

What is on the left is the past (known facts or decisions already made) so it means she knows she is going to be doing just that. What is on the right is future, or intentions that may or may not materialize. If it was on the right, it could have been a surprise to her that she will be going back to him vs on the left, it may have already happened (she just did not tell you!) or the decision is made but the action has still to materialized...

Sylvie Steinbach

E-book

What you do not understand or having trouble with will be addressed in its theory in the pending work. Please understand that I and Phoenix can't teach individually so we hope that in the meantime you can study carefully my posts on the net (i.e. facebook or sometimes on this forum) to figure things out or sign up on her site to see what has already been asked. The methodology of the breakdown is the same, over and over again...If you follow it, you won't get lost.

IheartTarot

Sylvie Steinbach said:
What you do not understand or having trouble with will be addressed in its theory in the pending work. Please understand that I and Phoenix can't teach individually so we hope that in the meantime you can study carefully my posts on the net (i.e. facebook or sometimes on this forum) to figure things out or sign up on her site to see what has already been asked. The methodology of the breakdown is the same, over and over again...If you follow it, you won't get lost.

Thanks Sylvie!