Sylvie Steinbach's Lenormand Oracle - 'no layout' method circle

Miss Divine

Oh I can't wait for the E-book to come out!! After a long pause with my Tarot and Lenormand studies, due to certain circumstances, I've been getting busy again with my Lenormand cards.
I know some good Lenormand readers, but they can't predict in detail like Sylvie's method teaches (unless they are so psychic that they don't even need cards to predict anything).
They just know how to predict events to come, but not exactly how, when, where, their thoughts/intentions etc. like Sylvie's method does.
And I think that is important, I don't just want to know what is going to happen, I want to know WHY. And her method works...It's proven itself to me.

Glad you're back to teach us Sylvie...Thank you!!

tarotcardrose

Thank you Sylvie

I must take r a moment to say, that everyone should be extremely thankful that Sylvie takes time out of her day to answer these questions for free. She is an inspiration. I don't know how many other divination authors go on forums out of their own free time to train people on their methods. Sylvie continues to be an inspiration and guiding light to us. Thank you Sylvie!

Sylvie Steinbach

Thank you both!

I hope with this thread to be able to communicate and clarify the methodology introduced in my first book; as you know I want to create a new generation of Lenormand readers who don't just talk but walk the talk.

Tell me where you are with my methodology and what have been your difficulties so far? Tarotcardrose opened the door to the idea...Where are you at, MissDivine?

Golden Moon

I have the hardest time predicting with the Lenormand for some reason, I mean when I lay them out I have a hard time connecting them together or make heads and tails about it.:(. But when it comes to discribing people and places its a huge winner:D. Any tips on how I can predict better with the Lenormand?

Sylvie Steinbach

Golden Moon

The e-book will likely help you a bit but for now I will say that students usually do not ask the question properly and once they look at the result with the keycard in the middle they loose track of what their intentions were. For example, if you ask about the financial perspective using the bear, you must remember it is money you are talking about so all the surrounding cards must be interpretated with this topic in mind, exclusively.
The art of asking the right question to unveil important details is key.

On the other hand, the other challenge that students have is to stick with the essence of the symbol. They complicate instead of keeping it simple. Once you get the idea of the message encrypted in the cards, you can catch some details...
It is also taking practice and I can't stress enough on the necessary to do so on strangers. Try to not do it on people you know. Strangers' readings help the mind to tap into the knowledge and intuition. Familiars paralyze the reader because of what you already know of them or you feel you need to censure.

But then again, there is a reason why I want to release workbooks. They will be workbooks so that you can learn if you can't come to learn it from me live!

Miss Divine

Sylvie Steinbach said:
I hope with this thread to be able to communicate and clarify the methodology introduced in my first book; as you know I want to create a new generation of Lenormand readers who don't just talk but walk the talk.

Tell me where you are with my methodology and what have been your difficulties so far? Tarotcardrose opened the door to the idea...Where are you at, MissDivine?

Hi Sylvie,

Since I had a long break from the cards, I am not even going to try multi-level readings until I stop stumbling with even a short no lay-out readings.
Often the answers are very clear, depending on what cards are drawn ofcourse.:D
But there are also times the cards have me very confused.
For instance, I did a reading for myself recently and it was about a guy I used to be with for several years. We've always stayed in contact on MSN. He's been wanting to come over to see my new place (I just moved in Februari) but I kept putting off to see him.
So I did a reading, because I know him all too well to know he doesn't want to come over ONLY to see my new home.
My question was...''what are his intentions with me'' so I obviously charged the man card.
The cards were so clear, I only needed 2 on the left and 2 on the right.
Dog+heart+man+woman+ring

I immediately saw he is romantically involved with someone already. DOG+HEART. On the right I see he will get together with a woman (either through a date, meeting, whatever. With the ring beside it I would say his intentions are a relationship, not just a fling eventually.
Now the part I stumble on is this:
Because I am doing a reading for myself, does that woman represent me?
If I am reading for someone else I usually (but not always)charge both key cards (man and woman) just in case I draw cards like this.

The other thing is, in all my other readings I've done where a man or woman was already involved with someone else (DOG), and the intentions were honest with my querent, I'd see a break-up with the dog.
Well I saw no break-up with the dog in this reading. Yet I also see a relationship in his future with a new woman, (or that woman represented me).
But where is the break-up wit the Dog?

See stupid little stuff like this throw me completely off track at times. And I just recently did a reading like this for a friend with the same question about a man she was interested in.
I charged the key card man, neglected to charge the woman card, and got:
BEAR+FISH+MAN+KEY+WOMAN+RING

Beautiful layout...no other woman obviously at the moment. (No Sylvie, I don't race through readings like this, but I'm just trying to make clear only what I don't get). In his future I see he will for sure end up with a woman.

So my friend asks, who is that woman in his future, another woman or me?:D
I told her it could be both, as I neglected to charge the key card.
I THINK I am correct, no? Or does the woman represent her anyway?

I didn't post these readings to have these cards read for me. I posted them because I don't know how to explain my reading troubles any other way.

Maybe the answer you have for me is simple...Redo the the readings and charge both key cards.

But in multi-level readings we've used key cards that weren't charged if they were significant...

You said:''there is a reason why I want to release workbooks. They will be workbooks so that you can learn if you can't come to learn it from me live!''

Well, thank heavens for that!;):D

Bernice

Miss Devine: But there are also times the cards have me very confused.
You're not alone!
But when I get into a muddle, I fall back on one of Sylvies' prime rules, be clear & precise about the Question.

Miss Devine: My question was...''what are his intentions with me'.....<snip>....Dog+heart+man+woman+ring
And your question is very clear, it relates directly to you.....

Bee :)

Miss Divine

Bernice said:
You're not alone!
But when I get into a muddle, I fall back on one of Sylvies' prime rules, be clear & precise about the Question.

And your question is very clear, it relates directly to you.....

Bee :)

Yes I always make sure my questions are very clear and precise.

And yes it does relate directly to me. And that simple reading still is leaving me confused. Why? Because of the ring next to the woman. I would have expected to see another card there. Ring to me means committment. And because there is no ending in the layout with the Dog, the Ring doesn't make sense for a two-timing man.

Sylvie Steinbach

Miss Divine

As I was saying, I do not recommend beginners to do readings for themselves particularly if you are dealing with a very emotionally charged question or a situation with an outcome you aren't ready to face; it s highly suggested you do train yourself on others, and their issues. Find a buddy to do readings for you regarding your personal life and that will sit better I assure you.

In my workshops students do readings to others and I separate even the friends away from each other so they do not read for one another for the very same problems. So you have to trust me on this. Find another Lenormand student and form a working team to learn on each other. The reason why I refuse to interprete spreads drawn by others is that it is your deck and your relationship with it. Your own intuition has to step in after the first decoding...no one else can do it for you. When we do exercises in class, I will not correct a reading. I will only listen to the presentation. However I will spend an enormous amount of time showing the procedure to decode properly the spread and tackle unusual cases and oddities so that students are used to see unusual things.

By doing readings for yourself constantly, you won't learn but get more confused by the cards. It does not mean you can't read for yourself but this should be attempt later on in the learning process when you have gained confidence in reading others. It is a very important issue and if you cut the corners you will get stuck and specially I found it to be a constant problem when I have a student who keep doing love spreads. It just is your own mind blocking and confusing things because you are emotionally attached to the outcome. You can't learn by digging in this direction. So the best advise I can give you is to stop and help others...it will benefit you down the road when you go back to do readings for yourself when it is needed.

I know a lot of students learn for personal needs but the psychic aspect does not evolve on that premise.

Sylvie Steinbach

Miss Divine (part 2)

Regarding your more specific issues, I do have a few comments:

1- One must always charge the man and the woman if you do a reading for a woman regarding a man and vice versa. the fact you haven't is the main issue you are getting confused with.
2- men are known to have multiple relationships even marrying a woman while they are having another girlfriend on the side. The ring is not automatically a good card if it has that connotation. One girlfriend can be the love of his life and the other can become the wife for many other reasons and be for example symbolized by the ring! Yes men do not often marry for love...That is a fact even if it may shock some of you...20 percent of my clientele is men and I can tell you it is quite enlightning!
3-If you do a reading for yourself and you do it for someone's else intentions you must charge both keycards and then double check the results always. Double checking your answers is something I talk about in my book big time.
4-the answer of a query can be sometimes shocking, out of your belief system to a point where it may confuse you on how to interprete it. If so you must get out of yourself and needs, and look back again as if you were reading for someone else and that spread was their results.
What would you say? you may say something that you would have not liked to tell them...then it is likely your answer!

So the answer of your spread is quite simple indeed but maybe too muggy for what you were hoping for although you seem to know him quite well by now:
this man would have a relationship with you as his intentions seem to show but likely keep the girlfriend in the picture as well.

Now you have to figure out is if it is something you are ok with. If you needed a verification, then you can always ask the question if he would be able to have an exclusive relationship with you? and doing the spread knowing there is another woman in the picture and see what you get...Or you could ask if he would leave her if you get involved with him...a repeat answer or something that would signal his polygamist tendancy should be a warning for you to stay away if you do not share that philosophy.

Hope that clear any issues in the future onto how to approach inquiries with man and woman keycards and doing readings for yourself dealing with someone else's intentions. Forgetting a keycard charge and you should void the reading altogether and redo the reading. Golden rule!

So again my comments about the art of asking the right question and not forgetting the question when interpreting is important, even in this case. As well knowing how to charge your keycards is vital for the understanding of your results. Keeping it simple is essential and being open minded to the answer is another rule to follow. Reading for yourself is the most difficult exercise in reading!