O.m.g so how stunning is this deck...

Le Fanu

The painting styles are very different. Not a problem for me at all. I just think the thing is vey beautiful and I think that many of the images are cropped details of larger paintings. That Mice card is a detail from a 19th Century Still Life painting (I have no doubt). The Coffin is the back end detail of a painting of a troika sleigh. The Man card has a very distinct style and is early 20th Century (maybe from an advert or poster). The Rider is very 19th Century Russian portraiture. The Lady significator is not at all 19th Century. I think you could say that the Fox and the Broom are maybe from the same picture/artist...

I love the deck, but the styles are different. I'm not bothered by this though.

Lee

Okay, here's the answer. On a different page of the site there's text, here it is translated courtesy of Google:

"Twilight - a door between the worlds, as he wrote Castaneda. Warm autumn evenings sometimes falls a few minutes, when the sun through the clouds prohdya colors all around delicate pink and mauve colors. In this light, it gets a little unreal, Opens the new face of things and events, you can look at them differently and see what the usual time unnoticed.
This wonderful little oracle permeated these anxious mood and made ​​a picturesque manner. It is based on fragments of paintings by artists of different times - and yet this whole deck, fully corresponding to the system of classical oracle Mlle Lenormand.
To study very well suited Kotelnikov book "Lessons of the predictions with Maria Lenormand," or L. Nikiforov, "Madame Lenormand Secret predictions. Complete Practical Guide and the combination of cards."

The original page: http://yarasvera.ru/item.342.html

Astraea

Thanks, Lee, this is very tantalizing and I hope we'll all be able to purchase the deck somehow (assuming the artwork has been properly accredited and acquired).

Grizabella

What a gorgeous Lenormand! I'm sure it's out of my reach so no need to put it on my wishlist, but I certainly would if it was more reachable.

Le Fanu

It is based on fragments of paintings by artists of different times
Knew it! :thumbsup: And Oh the joy of these google translations.

Polyhymnia

response from the "dealer"

HI all, I received this email this morning.......

Thank you for your request!)

Yes, it’s possible to send to France.

We send international postage each Thursday. On next day you will be informed about tracking number.

It can take up to 20 days from Moscow to France.

Lila’s Twiglight (870 rub) = 21 Eur

Postal fee – (370 rub) = 9 Eur

Total 30 Eur

You can send money to:

Anna Simonova, Moscow.

Usually our international customers send via www.moneygram.com or Western Union. We don’t have PayPal.

Commission is on your part.

Also, I want to inform you that at the moment we have Russian titled deck (it can be send on next Thursday), but in January author’s makes a small quantity “No titled” deck.

Please, Specify – do you need deck With titles or Not.

I need info from you:

- Moneytransfer number and system (from whom and from where)

- Your postal Details and Name.

You can rely on us – we’re not first day on Russian market and value Our work and reputation.)

Waiting for your reply)

Have a nice day)

Anna

I have also spoken with my neighbour, whos gf will be meeting him in England for New Year, and he said no problem if we want to do a mass purchase thru her. She will go to the company in Moscow to collect and then I can send them out from here....France.
So up to you all. Or we may hear from Anna in Russia.

starlightexp

OMG Poly! I'm sooooo in for a copy of this. You and your friend are saints for doing this :)

Did you want us to PM you or would it be easier to just keep an updated list on here in a post?

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

Polyhymnia

OMG Poly! I'm sooooo in for a copy of this. You and your friend are saints for doing this :)

Did you want us to PM you or would it be easier to just keep an updated list on here in a post?

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

lol........... do I sense a little elation here starlight?

I think perhaps we need to make a list. Have no idea how we will go about that....perhaps someone with more AT savvy could take care of this.
Probably the best way is if we paypal Marina (in Moscow) the price of the deck, then when they get here to me, I can let you all know the postage on to you? Or any other suggestions are welcome :)

NOTE: did you all see that there is another print run being done in Jan without titles (currently they are in Russian)

ETA: actually thinking further, perhaps paypal me, which means I have a list of those that have paid (and then Marina doesn't have to sort that part out), and I can send the money thu to her?( At the same time you can advance me your postal details.)

LOL, starlight re-read your post....perhaps by PM would work just as well

GryffinSong

So it sounds like approximately $40 US dollars plus whatever it costs to get to us from France? I can't manage this unless my family is willing to make this my christmas present, so I'll send out some feelers.

A version with no titles would be awesome.