Learning The Cards Classroom

Kindred9

Many thanks,K9

There is not really "a beginner's deck" some though have arts that are clearer than others...it is really depending on you, what art "speak" to you best...;)
Many thanks,
K9

lord_ewin

Now for the Clover info, I have a question:

I had not seen that side of the clover ;) Could you please explain a bit more? Is it representing creativity because it is linked to #2 or because a "clover" could mean "creativity" besides the traditional "good luck charm"?

Thanks to help us with that :D

Forgot to answer this...! Sponteneous luck, sponteneous thought, sponteneous musings, revelations, expression. Trying to keep it simple... So hopefully that answers.

alyna

View on 1- Rider

Its great because I have just pulled Rider for today's daily draw and it was with 28-Man card.

General Meaning: message, a visitor, something that is on road, coming towards you, your thoughts, a young man.

as adjective: fast, coming (e.g Clover+Rider = coming surprise)

In love = new love, a man who will soon appear/or recently has appeared in your life, fast, active, impulsive love

In finance/Career = movement of money, change, new job

In Health = improvement, change which is positive

alyna

2-Clover

General meanings: Hope, luck, surprise, good luck

as adjective: small, quick, lucky, cheerful (e.g Rider+Clover = happy news, quick visitor)

In Love: short-term but satisfying relationship

In career/finance: small gains, short-term success

In Health: going organic, green is healthy

Ronia

I do very much want to learn classical style Lenormand and not someone's idiosyncratic version of it. This is why I have just ordered Blue Owl to use as my study deck. It seemed a good choice, and was only £3. :)

I personally would like a brief explanation of exactly how Lenormand cards relate to playing cards. Did Madam Lenormand use playing cards herself, and then the oracle developed after? Is there a thread where I can read a simple history of Lenormand oracle?

The Blue Owl is a beautiful deck!

Yes, Mmle Lenormand used playing cards, 36 deck, kind of the Tarock deck, she mentions "Nine of Spades" for example in her memoirs. Unfortunately, she didn't leave us more meanings and all. But we know she also used astroligy, coffee and crystal ball and God knows what else. But the cards were playing cards assigned particular meanings by herself.

Learning classical Lenormand is easy, actually. Go to the free sources here, get basic meanings from www.serenapowers.com and www.lenormand.eu and from then on read! Lots of reading, join our monthly threads, don't be afraid of the GT as it's a great way to explore the combos and it will happen. :) A single card means little in Lenormand no matter how long you meditate on it. When it meets another card is what matters. And this is learned in spreads and readings. :)

LadyZelda

Thank you for your help, Lady Zelda, but I think I will leave this school for now and pursue learning Lenormand in another way. Blessings on your endeavor.

You're quite welcome Carla :D
Sorry to see you leave, thanks nonetheless for giving it a try! :) And thank you for your blessings...

If any of you who don't feel this class is what they need right now, ever wants to stop by later on...I want you to rest assured that "Our Classroom door" remains open and you will always be welcome! ;)

Ronia

for example, the Ace of Hearts (Man Card in Lenormand) in Cartomancy represents the Home. Meanwhile, in Lenormand, the house (home) card is set up with the King of Hearts. Cartomancy's death/karmic transformation card is the Ace of Spades (the Lady in Lenormand), but Lenormand has the Coffin and inset is the 9 of diamonds...

LE

Ah, but it seems your cartomancy and the one I learned are different. LOL The Ace of Cups in many parts of Europe is The Love and respectively The Lover. Of course, the Man here is given this role because at the times we are talking about it was the man who was the good guy. Which is a perfect explanation why the Lady in Lenormand is the Ace of Spades - the misfortune, the problem, the one that ruins the idylle. We talk about Adam and Eve here and this is part of cartomancy where I come from (and where I lived, France included). ;)

Same with the King of Cups whose most popular meanings are the patriarch, the parent, the home builder/maker/provider, the one you can rely on. Hence the House in Lenormand.

Lenormand is not far from palying cards meanings as I know them.

LadyZelda

Forgot to answer this...! Sponteneous luck, sponteneous thought, sponteneous musings, revelations, expression. Trying to keep it simple... So hopefully that answers.

Yes, indeed...thanks!

Thanks also to you Alyna for sharing your understanding of "The Rider" this all quite interesting! :D

LadyZelda

2-The Clover

2- The Clover:

German Source: (ITC)

Spark of luck (not continuous), hope.

Medical: Recovery, eating a diet containing iron is advisable

Timing: Suddenly and unexpectedly within 4 days.

Astro: Jupiter planet related to luck and increase.

French Source: (C.S)

Luck, success, growth, prosperity

Cartomancy:

6 of Diamond:
A mix meaning here, can be gift, money gain, as well as difficulties due to unwise money management. The card combination will determine what it will be.

Student Source:

This is what I got by studying the card (please keep in mind that it is just my personal view; you don't have to adopt it, follow your own judgement) :

Health: A turn for the better, good health

Financial: Lucky gain, sudden outpouring of money, lucky investment, prosperity

Love: Finding a partner when not expecting it, being at the right time at the right place to meet someone, a relationship gets another chance

Career: Unexpected opportunity, luck with a job application, promotion granted, get the job you dreamed of and that seemed inaccessible

General meaning: Luck in any area, doors are opening wide, success, positive turn of a situation, things are blooming, progressing in the right direction, prosperity, opportunity, sudden turn of the wheel for the better, improvement

Please, anyone of you who feels up to, share your own "Student Source" :D[/QUOTE]

Teheuti

2- The Clover:

Cartomancy:

6 of Diamond:
A mix meaning here, can be gift, money gain, as well as difficulties due to unwise money management. The card combination will determine what it will be.
Would you clarify - do you read this as additional layer of meaning in The Clover and in its relationship with other cards in the layout, or do you read this information separately and only in relation to the other playing card meanings on the other cards?