Vintage Lenormand by Rootweaver

strings of life

I'm surprised there wasn't a thread about this. I ran a search and nothing came up.

I'm super picky with my Lenormands and pretty much strictly use the Postmark Lenormand as my reading and learning deck. I haven't gotten caught up in the "Lenormand obsession" as of late and have been highly selective. Less is more in my eyes and I want uncluttered images that I "get" right when the card comes up, but I just pre-ordered the 2nd edition of this deck since I missed the 2st edition (which sold out rather quickly). I discovered it on Facebook.

* EDITED TO ADD * To order it, you have to send her a message on Facebook with your PayPal email address so that she can send you an invoice. If you don't have Facebook, you will have to contact her another way. From her blog post about the 2nd edition:
The first edition of the Vintage Lenormand sold out in a matter of days. Due to demand I am (re)printing a 2nd edition. If you’d like to order a copy please send me a message on Facebook with your email address to [Facebook Profile] so that I can add you to the list.

The deck comes in a beautifully batik-lined ‘kangaroo pouch’ all the way from Australia, as well as a sturdy clear plastic box to hold the cards.

Limited copies available, order yours today!

The images are beautiful! Check out this one or this album (which shows some drafts that don't have the titles yet). The cards have an earthy, tribal feel at times (The Lady strumming away), and have an aged look but the art is quite timeless, a draw for me. I love the unobtrusive titles as well.

She isn't planning on printing a 3rd edition and as of my post, she is already 50% sold out of the 2nd edition.

Does anyone have the 1st edition? Can you tell me what you think about it?

MoonGypsy

Where is the purchase info, aurarcana? i don't do facebook, and i didn't see it in the other links...maybe i missed it?

i love the look of this Lennie, very much!

strings of life

Sending you a PM MG.

tarot heart

I received this deck last week and it is very well done. It's about the size of a poker deck with very good cardstock. The images are clear and sort of sepia toned with some Statue of Liberty green (which I like very much) on a few cards- tower, scythe, clover.

About the only criticism I have is that the banner which names the cards covers a portion of the picture. It's not that big a problem because the banner is diaphonous. I would have preferred a standing bear, but that's just my own thing.

Overall, this is a lovely deck that can be enjoyed by everyone! HTH :heart:

strings of life

I received this deck last week and it is very well done. It's about the size of a poker deck with very good cardstock. The images are clear and sort of sepia toned with some Statue of Liberty green (which I like very much) on a few cards- tower, scythe, clover.
Poker-sized is a plus and good card stock will make it a keeper. I was drawn to the Sepia tone as well.

IAbout the only criticism I have is that the banner which names the cards covers a portion of the picture. It's not that big a problem because the banner is diaphonous. I would have preferred a standing bear, but that's just my own thing.
I see your point about the banners/titles. I quite like the overlay effect, but I'll form a better opinion when I see the cards in person :). I'm glad that the cards have the titles since I'm fond of those when it comes to Lenormand cards.

tarot heart

I see your point about the banners/titles. I quite like the overlay effect, but I'll form a better opinion when I see the cards in person :).

Yes, the banners could have been a bit smaller and I would have liked it much better. I like to see the whole picture when I look at cards. However, I don't think it really takes away too much from the quality of this deck.

I also forgot to mention that it comes in a very sturdy plastic case and what appears to be a handmade cloth envelope style pouch tied with a ribbon of sorts.

Can't wait to hear what you think of it aurarcana :)

stellar4

Beautiful deck, I would love to order one but don't do Facebook.... anybody know of any alternative means of contacting the artist?

strings of life

Beautiful deck, I would love to order one but don't do Facebook.... anybody know of any alternative means of contacting the artist?
You can check the blog and see if there's an alternative way to contact the artist.

kalliope

!! I love this! You're in trouble aurarcana -- now I have to buy it! I could just be in a spastic frenzy, but I can't find where the price is listed. Can you tell me the cost with shipping, if you know it?

I love the sepia tone as you've all said, and like that while it's very beautiful, it's still rather simple in its imagery, i.e. mostly just the object. I find decks like that more appealing for Lenormand.

strings of life

!! I love this! You're in trouble aurarcana -- now I have to buy it! I could just be in a spastic frenzy, but I can't find where the price is listed. Can you tell me the cost with shipping, if you know it?

I love the sepia tone as you've all said, and like that while it's very beautiful, it's still rather simple in its imagery, i.e. mostly just the object. I find decks like that more appealing for Lenormand.
:laugh:. I thought of you too when I saw this!

From my PayPal invoice:

Vintage Lenormand
1 deck: $28.95
Subtotal: $28.95
Shipping and handling: $15.00
Total : $43.95 AUD

Exchange rate: 1 USD = 0.942324 AUD

I read her posts on Facebook and she mentioned how she charged too little for shipping for the first batch and had to pay out of pocket :(, so she increased the shipping charge internationally.

Worth the expense for a deck that may not be available again though. Sell another deck to make up for the cost hehehe ;).