Game of Hope Lenormand

Tag_jorrit

Hey Cirom:

Thank you.

I meant no insult to your work. On the contrary. I think you are a gifted and talented artist. I have never seen your work on the GoH cards IRL, only on-line because when I wanted to buy the deck, the "limited edition of 250" was long sold out and nowhere to be found. So I set about making my own. So, there you have it.

As I am sure you know, every artist who has ever lived creates their own art to their own taste. Some love it. Some hate it. As it will be with these two versions of the Game of Hope cards.

cirom

Hey Cirom:

Thank you.

I meant no insult to your work. On the contrary. I think you are a gifted and talented artist. I have never seen your work on the GoH cards IRL, only on-line because when I wanted to buy the deck, the "limited edition of 250" was long sold out and nowhere to be found. So I set about making my own. So, there you have it.

As I am sure you know, every artist who has ever lived creates their own art to their own taste. Some love it. Some hate it. As it will be with these two versions of the Game of Hope cards.

Well that's good to hear thank you. A compliment from one,s peers is always appreciated. Not that you insulted my work on this occasion, you merely suggested your version was superior. An opinion you are perfectly entitled to of course. So no big deal. It just struck me as very "confident" and also somewhat puzzling as you now say you only had on line references by which to compare. As you know on line images are not always that accurate, consistent or defined. But it doesn't matter too much, I,m sure you did a great job, so people will now have new opportunities to enjoy this historically interesting deck, and hopefully for its core imagery rather than be too distracted by the modifications.

baylys

Given that this thread is only a few days old, why is the link Tag has put up now saying "website expired"?

Is anyone else able to visit this site?

gregory

Given that this thread is only a few days old, why is the link Tag has put up now saying "website expired"?

Is anyone else able to visit this site?

I can't. Then again, bravenet (the site's host) are notorious for dropping out when they want more money off you....

baylys

Ah! Sounds like a great host...not!

Lee

The site is back.

gregory

Told ya so. Bravenet is...

We don't have an autocensor here, I think :)

starlightexp

well by looking at the photo comparison on Facebook they are different cards then the TP

gregory

Thanks for that - facebook is not something I can see, and I CERTAINLY don't care enough to sign up just to look ! :)