New Deck I'm working on...

danielnogo

Hey everyone, I've been working on this deck for about 4 months so far, and its gone through several design revisions to get to the place I have it at now(which I love).

Not sure what to call it yet, it has an old rustic look so maybe the Rustic Lenormand? lol.

Anyhoo heres some card samples:
thechildnew.png

thesnakenew.png

theridernew.png

Thanks for looking!

BTW, the spirals are there only as a watermark, I am ever protective of my work! Sorry if it obscures your viewing experience...:/

Lil Red

This is definitely a beautiful deck that you are creating. I must say that the child card is so far my favorite :heart:

Alta

The art, especially The Child, reminds me of some favourite childhood picture books.

danielnogo

The art, especially The Child, reminds me of some favourite childhood picture books.
It is actually art that I have scoured old public domain books for and then used a piece of software to blow up to high definition resolution and then touched up with photoshop. Ive gone through hundreds of books that are from all the way back to in the 1800's, some pretty amazing artwork. Really glad you guys like the cards :)

Village Witch

Very nice! I think the spirals actually add to the artwork. The rustic look really works with the artwork. I love the Rider card!

auntie

I really love the artwork, but I'd like to offer a personal suggestion. To me, the card insets are too modern in style, or industrial looking, and too white in color - they clash with your hand drawn style. May I suggest you consider a more antique looking playing card that better suits in style and tone?

reall

Beautiful!^^ luv this look and handwriting!^^ ;))))

danielnogo

I really love the artwork, but I'd like to offer a personal suggestion. To me, the card insets are too modern in style, or industrial looking, and too white in color - they clash with your hand drawn style. May I suggest you consider a more antique looking playing card that better suits in style and tone?

Thanks for the compliment! I definitely agree with you about the insets, they need something to bring them down in intensity but when I make them the tanish color they dont pop out enough, maybe I can tea stain some cards and scan them in or something.

danielnogo

Heres the cross, I actually have alot of them done but I only wanna give a small trickle till I publish them.

thecrossnew.png

baylys

Oooh!!! I also like the spirals in the background. They are not too obvious to be distracting, but subtle enough to add texture to the background. I also agree about the card inserts. What about a slight grey colour.