Das Lied der Rohrigen - What was it that brought the Rohrig to you, or you to it?????

Little Baron

I have started this thread after a conversation with Kiki.

I may be duplicating another thread, so moderators, feel free to connect it to another, if I am.

I was just wondering what it was that brought people to the Rohrig initially; or, what it was that brought the Rohrig to you.

This is a very general thread to find out others experiences with the deck, in comparision to the more specific threads about cards and their meanings.

Yaboot

darwinia

Re: Das Lied der Rohrigen - What was it that brought the Rohrig to you, or you to it?????

Yaboot001 said:
I was just wondering what it was that brought people to the Rohrig initially; or, what it was that brought the Rohrig to you.

Beautiful Art
BIG Cards
A refreshing openness about sexuality.

Had it on a wish list for one year, then just decided to buy it.

kiki

it was brought to me

a friend of mine had them and she kept them at myhouse to see if i could learn it . She was just learning it but everythime she did it on me it would not make sense and when i used them it made sense so she gave them to me thinking that i was more comfortable w/ the deck ... I have seen a lot of decks and this deck it my favorite i have other decks but i used this one all the time i am comfortable w/ the pictures and the meanings and there are hidden meanings in each of the cards that help me do readings ... i can't even try to explain some of the numerous experiences i have had w/ this deck it was my first deck and it will always be my favorite. The artist was so creative and sensual that you can't help to feel the cards instead of just seeing them.. each card does tell a story. The colors are so vibrant. I have notice that these cards are very special that the card do look different and you notice new things everythime you pull them out .... they are my cards for a reason and i feel really connected to them

contrascarpe

At our local Tarot Circle meetings, we take the opportunity to bring different decks and pass them around. In April, Gardener brought the Rohrig and Ananda because she had a sense which decks that I would love both of these decks - and she was correct. In fact, I ended up purchasing the last of each from Tarot Garden the following week.

What drew me to the Rohrig was several factors, including the size of the cards. However, the artwork I found to be stunning and it is the type of deck I can look at and find something deep to read - not a deck to quickly look at and interpret. I find this and the Margarete Petersen to be used like standing in an art museum and analyzing a painting. The more you look, the more you see.

I would definitely place this as one of my top five.

Dan

Little Baron

Re: it was brought to me

kiki said:
you can't help to feel the cards instead of just seeing them..

You have definitely hit on something there, Kiki.

It was the same for me when I first saw them and chose them as a first deck. It is still a 'feeling' I remember today and which started off this whole journey. It's like I can even smell that first experience when I think about it.

It wasn't like I thought 'oh, they're pretty, I'll have those ones. It was like a surge of electricity runnung through me, compelling and dragging me towards them. However many other decks I looked at that day, having seen none of them before, it was the eyes of 'The Devil' that continued to make me flick back and look again while I leafed through the album in the shop. I knew I couldn't leave without the Rohrig. It was a strange experience.

I have about 30 decks in total, but this one will always be special. As I have said many times before, it has given me some of my most 'in tune' and 'surprisingly correct and 'on the ball' readings. Even when I didn't know what I was doing, it guided me along.

Yaboot

kiki

that is what i felt yaboot

my experiences w/ the deck have been kind of overwhelming!! i love the deck i have a special box and bag ... i have a ritual i used to clean the desk(each time i do a spread) and still even though i have had it for 6 years it still brings me images of things when i do a reading. I got scared at first when i started doing it until i understood that tarot is intution and connections and energy. Being raised in a catholic family it was taboo and now my mother undestands it is ... she didn't understand that til i found out by a reading i did for her that my father cheated on her she would have never found... is is a bitter-sweet thing to have a gift to know things before it happens... so i have cooled off for a little bit to collect my self the whole thing w/ my mother and my father just happen this year and i learned from this is tarot is truth and the card will never lie to me ....

KarlThomas

I was in a bookstore in Harvard Square, in 87, before the magnificently beautiful place turned into an outdoor mall. I was in Shambala books, and I saw the fool card looking at me. I had had no experience of tarot before seeing that card, and no desire to give readings. I bought the deck immediately, based on a feeling about that fool. Been reading with the same deck since. It has always proven quite accurate.

Rosanne

Aye it has to be the most expressive Fool in Tarot.
I love it's modern look.
I get totally different responses from the cards, than with other decks.
I think for me, it's metaphorical language suits; I also do not wander off into historical musings and get sidetracked from the reading.
It is not very portable, sad to say, even though I have the smaller German one (without clothes) as well.
Oh and it's size suited the sitters that sought it's use.
I think there is only two cards I do not care for; they remind me of people.

Congrats on your long term use of the deck- that is quite a history KarlT!

~Rosanne
OOps! I did not answer the question. My card the Knight of Coins was in a magazine- so I searched it out when I was in Australia once. Glad I found it.

KarlThomas

Lucky you! That German version has become quite the rare prize. I love this deck and know what you mean about not getting sidetracked. Although I sometimes compare what sits in front of me during a Rohrig reading to a more traditional deck, I mostly let the image take me in and tell me what it needs to say.

This deck is so direct, and it pulls no punches!