Lenormand deck

Helruna

Hey!

I just received a reply from the author of this Lenormand deck that we could order with her through the website. I wrote her last week and just saw the reply in my inbox.

http://www.verlag-weisse-reihe.de/

She said we could order the book as well as the set. :)

I am not sure, however, what about overseas shipment.

Lee - do you want me to ask her about this or do you want to ask her herself? Sorry, I totally forgot about that ...

If she does not do it for some reason, I would offer to go and order it for you and send it to you. Just let me know!

BB,
Helruna

Lee

Sorry about your disappointment, Catlin, I was afraid that would happen... :(

I've e-mailed the author (hopefully she'll understand my Altavista-enabled German!), and asked her how to order and for cost including overseas shipping.

Thank you so much, Helruna and Catlin, for all your help. It really is a nice-looking deck -- hopefully we'll all have it before too long! :)

-- Lee

catlin

Never mind, Lee, there are still sooo many other decks out there, so I can wait a little longer to get this LeNormand deck. Hope you'll soon get an information from the author about the deck. If not, so pl let me know.

Cerulean

1. This link lists in a table the meanings of the Lenormand Astro-mythical cards. They say it's a tarot, but it's not. It is a 54 card deck, with two cards representing either the male or female querent.

http://www.kyrei.yucom.be/Software/lenorman.htm

2. I bought my cards from Alidastore.com, ordered them through the website. They are oversize and do come with instructions.

3. The table above lists the classical Greek myth that is assigned to various cards. It's not like the Mythical Tarot where Jason and the Golden Fleece is the suit of Wands: it's more like bits and pieces of the myth attributed to different cards, such as the Nine of Diamonds, one of the clubs, etc....in other words, certain cards of different suits can be a part of the same mythical allegory.

4.I haven't gotton to the astrology part yet of the Lenormand.

5. Here's a kind of apples and oranges discovery.
I pulled out my Caligstro tarot, which has 22 trumps, suit cards like regular playing cards (people call that the French suits of diamonds, hearts, spades and clubs) and the astrological division of majors/minors...really, I'd love to say Lenormand, Caligstro and historical Tarot was a match, but I'm not seeing it yet. There's a book called Astrology and the Tarot that has a similarity to the Caligstro and Paul's Supertarot site in the UK...I think someone said to me once this is a Golden-Dawn based correspendence?

6. How do the ideas (apples &) below sound?)
There is a similarity between the keyword assignments of the older Lo Scarabeo instructions for their 1995 editions of historical tarots, the Caligstro and the Jeu des Dames Etteilla, Lenormand, and playing cards. The various court cards for instance might mean a brunette woman, a blonde youth, etc. Suits such as hearts/cups in tarot or playing cards have an association that seems to correspond with emotional areas

I may be wrong in my observations of the above, being new at this. I'd enjoy hearing more about the intuitive take on the Lenormand...somehow that past life association skipped me over...

Mari H.

WolfyJames

Edit:

Zorya tried to quote me but erased my post instead. I think I said my mother had just given me a Jeu Lenormand with french poems, and that I was searching for informations about that deck but couldn't find anything.

Diana

WolfyJames: I have never found a web-site. Serena's is the most complete... and it is not enough for someone who wants to get into this deck.

I am not an expert - far from it - but I do have access to French books. So if you have any questions, you could ask them here, and I will see if there is anyway I can help you out (no guarantees).

One important thing in the Lenormand deck is how far the cards are from each other. If one card is very far from the 28, or the 29, it means that it won't impact the querent's life a lot. If it's near, then it's very very important.

All the cards that touch each other must be read together - or at least in pairs.

Now, my gypsy fortune teller, who doesn't read for people anymore, used this deck extensively..... I wonder if she'd be prepared to teach me. I will phone her and ask her.

WolfyJames

Thanks for your offer. I don't really know where to start because I don't know much about Lenormand. My mother, who gave it to me, can't help me because she never liked the deck and forgot it in a drawer.

I went to the public library and there was no book on the subject. I've been tight in my budget for months, saving for a new computer (this one is falling apart), and Christmas is coming... I don't think I will have a spare dollars before January. So I did what I do usually, I checked on the Internet: free and accesible. That's how I found Thirteen's Basics and Learn tarot (www.learntarot.com), the best informations about tarot around. So, I think it's normal if I'm disapointed about Lenormand's lack of informations.

I've done some spreads with Lenormand, but I'll only know if I was right in my interpretations when it will happen (or not).

I did find something about Lenormand though, it contains meanings and spreads: http://www.scriptsjoint.com/bc/

felicityk

Was anyone ever successful in obtaining the Astrologische Lenormand-Karten through the German source? That's a nice-looking deck.

I saw another Lenormand deck on Tarotwelten that appeals to me:

http://www.tarotwelten.de/lenorman.htm

Does anyone know where I can obtain this one? R. Somerville lists two Lenormand decks published by A.S.S. (the initials in the upper right-hand corner) but they don't provide pictures and so I don't know what the difference is between them. I will try writing them to ask.

I also recently saw a deck and book set at Barnes & Noble called Gypsy Fortunes. It appears to be based on the Lenormand deck, but with a different sequence to the cards.

Felicity

felicityk

http://www.tarotwelten.de/lenorman.htm

Does anyone know where I can obtain this one? R. Somerville lists two Lenormand decks published by A.S.S. (the initials in the upper right-hand corner) but they don't provide pictures and so I don't know what the difference is between them. I will try writing them to ask.

For the record, the A.S.S. deck listed as Lenormand 1 (#10232) has miniature playing card images, similar to the Piatnik version I have. Lenormand 2 (#10233) has German text, as shown in the link above.

Felicity

Moonbow

Hi, I'm bumping this thread because I have just bought some Lenormand decks. I have read the posts here and will have a little play with the decks later. I have the Piatnik deck: http://www.playingcardsales.co.uk/cards/moreimages/10034_6_mlle_lenormand.jpg and the English and Dutch versions of this one:http://www.playingcardsales.co.uk/cards/moreimages/13602_5_lenormand_fortune_telling_cards.jpg

Does anyone have any other tips before I throw myself in the deep end!

Moonbow*

BTW - can anyone tell me why the 2,3,4 and 5 of each suit is missing?