Your favorite lenormand decks

felicityk

The A.S.S. is my favorite version to date. I am looking forward to the Art Nouveau Oracle, since I like the artist's other decks in that style.

I've always been tempted by the Astrologisches Lenormand, but it's unavailable in the US and I haven't felt like going out of my way to get it.

Felicity

faunabay

felicityk said:
I've always been tempted by the Astrologisches Lenormand, but it's unavailable in the US and I haven't felt like going out of my way to get it.

Felicity

It's very pretty but I haven't used it at all yet. I'm glad I got it though. :) If you do decide to get one just go to estoterikshop.com and send them an email. I've ordered 3 ?? decks from them and it's quite easy. You have to do it through email and paypal but it's not much harder than ordering from an American website.

felicityk

faunabay said:
If you do decide to get one just go to estoterikshop.com and send them an email. I've ordered 3 ?? decks from them and it's quite easy. You have to do it through email and paypal but it's not much harder than ordering from an American website.
Thanks for the tip! I noticed they do have instructions for English speakers now. :)

Felicity

LisaW

I'm torn between 3 decks...I've got the Blue Owl, which is a wonderful size,and wonderful artwork, and I also have the French cartomancy deck, which is beautiful. I almost lived in France, so I'm a bit partial to it!
But I really love the Piatnik (Wahrsagekarten deck)- the colors are so pretty in this deck, and the animals are all so nice...there's a sweetness with this deck :)
Those 3 are head to head for me.

The Mystical looks graphically pretty, but I didn't feel drawn to try to read with them, so I didn't order it...think they'd be more of a collector's deck somehow.

Looking forward to MatPoint's deck haha!

Aristede

My first Lenormand deck was the Mystical Lenormand that I received as a Christmas gift, and I immediately fell in love with it. I didn't really know much about the Lenormand cards, and this deck has inspired me to learn to read with them. The deck has a fairy tale quality that reminds me of some Tarot decks. I'm also intrigued by the fact the artist was inspired by the religious icon painters of the middle ages, and used old master techniques to create the images.

I recently picked up the Blue Owl, and really like it too, but I'm afraid the playing card insets are going to be confusing since I also read playing cards.

Lisa, I'm really looking forward to Matpoint's New Lenormand deck too! The clean, modern feel really appeals to me.

6 Haunted Days

Last night I couldn't resist (or wait for it to be published in the US!) and ordered the Sibilla Liberty - Art Nouveau Lenormand from Alida site! I think this one will be a major favourite :D Thanks Faunabay for bringing it to my attention months ago!

I also got the Goethe Transformation Cards, which I've wanted since '06 and they're so hard to find! One of the things I love about Lenormand decks is that both decks with shipping came too only 19.00.....gotta love it })

Aulruna

The first deck that made me click with Lenormand cards at all was Titania's! Probably because I didn't immediately realize it was a Lenormand deck... so it kinda sneaked upon me! And of course, I love my Mystical Lenormand.

Today however, I received the Judith Bärtschi Lenormand, a quirky new deck from Königsfurt, with childlike watercolour illustrations. This is cheery and cute, but not without depth -- I see myself read quite a lot with it...

See the cards (and draw one) here:
http://www.lenormand-wahrsagekarten.de/tageskarte-baertschi-lenormandkarten.php

LisaW

Aulruna - The Judith Bärtschi Lenormand is neat! reminds me of 60's/70's art..

JDecius- I know what you mean about the playing card inserts; I just ignore them, as I read playing cards too, and was taught very specific meanings for them, and I don't want to get confused! lol

I was Googling 'lenormand cards' last night, and came across a set of cards that I had never seen before..and they're beautiful!! I will definitely have to order them when I can! lol

here's the website: www.brika-verlag.com

Asher

This is a hard question...

because each time I buy a Lenormand deck, _that_ one is my favorite!

I just found the Art Nouveau Oracle (LS) at Border's (and I had a 30% coupon!), and it is now my favorite! It will lead the parade of my Mystical Lenormand, Collage Lenormand (from ETSY), French Cartomancy, Blue Owl and Titania's Fortune Cards.

So I guess, in a way, they're all my favorites!

Asher