Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

HearthCricket

This is very disappointing. I have a few slightly blurped cards, but decided not to be bothered with having them exchanged, simply because they are going to get a beating with use, anyhow. Doesn't bode well for people purchasing from them in the future, however, if they are not good with customer service. It is also a pity that the backs vary in colour. I too, was expecting a heftier cardstock, like the Quantum. Live and learn. Seems like all companies are having terrible times getting excellent cardstock, yet it is paper and cardboard. Seems like our own nation ought to be able to create something decent. No wonder I find myself constantly turning to older decks to use!

Le Fanu

HearthCricket said:
No wonder I find myself constantly turning to older decks to use!

The only consolation is that my Touchstone already looks like an old deck after less than a week and hardly any use...

The different backs don´t bother me so much, they really don´t. I looked closely and could see what everyone was talking about, but if you shuffle fast like I do, you don´t see the difference in tone.

What is very noticable is that the card must be of a very, very different material to either the Quantum or the Golden, even though it looks superfically to have come out of the same factory.

Troubadour

Reply from Kunati

Sorry, folks, but I don't find your emails on creased cards and it's upsetting to me because we really nursed the quality and are very proud of Kat's deck and the results. I can only assume we're not getting those emails. (Try my personal email publisher@kunati.com -- I'm delighted to hear from anyone -- including those many wonderful testimonials on the deck).

There were, so far, in our emails -- that I can find -- exactly 8 decks out of several thousand (not a bad percentage) -- and I haven't even asked for people to return decks as proof of defect. There was one person who I replied to, who was forgotten by our distributor for two weeks (due to their busy spring season), but who was subsequently sent a deck. In all cases, we simply sent new decks without requesting the defectives back to send to our printer.

We've replied within one day to each one we received, so I'm puzzled -- and worried -- by a couple of your comments -- it means email is not reliable. By the way, a couple of you might get them late (notably, one person in Europe and one in Australia) since replacements are sent from Chicago (although bear in mind, retailers will also replace decks IMMEDIATELY). If you feel you haven't received an answer, please try my personal email below, or ask your retailer for a replacement (they're obligated to, and we have a full replacement policy in place for them!).

Sorry for confusion. I can only guess some emails are not getting through (we have very light spam filtering).

By the way, the handful of issues -- by my calculation, 0.02% issues, due to bindery -- related to the the complex gilt process which caused sticking (i.e. bent cards, etc).

My apologies to anyone who emailed and received no reply. Perhaps try this email: publisher@kunati.com.

We're quite proud overall of the quality and production, and some issues are to be expected with gilt cards. Out of my own personal collection (about 111 decks currently, I've had to ask publishers to replace three), but they always referred me back to the store. If you requested a replacement, and I wrote you that it's on it's way, it will be. If not, write me personally. If you didn't get a reply at all, it's because we didn't get the email -- we always reply if we get the email.

As you know emails are subject at times to going astray, especially in publishing (where we get thousands of emails per week) -- but we will gladly replace any defective deck and we apologize for any inconvenience. You may also, certainly, write to us by snail mail. Email is publisher@kunati.com, and snail mail it to Kunati Inc, 75 First Street, Orangeville, ON, Canada L0N 1S5.

By the way, we -- or any retailer -- will replace the deck. We can replace a single card, too, because one person did ask (I think the deck was already a friend! and parting was "such sweet sorrow") but mostly we've sent new decks. Any retailer should do this for you too, and if any do not fulfill this obligation, I hope you'll let me know. Once again, I apologize!

Queen of Pentacle

How very professionnal of Kunati and you!!
I wish the major tarot makers as US games and the problematic St-Martin were as promt to help.

Le Fanu

Thank you for this prompt and courteous response. I was beginning to feel v disappointed

I sent my emails to the address included on the flyleaf of the Touchstone book; info@kunati.com. I shall forward another copy to the address which you include in your post.

Bonnie

The deck that I received was in perfect condition - yes! I review a lot of decks, and really have never had to ask for a replacement, from any publisher. There are bound to be blips in any system, so we all need to take a few deep breaths. :)

Derek - We are all eagerly awaiting your newest book!

Blesings,
Bonnie

Le Fanu

Ive now exchanged emails with Kunati and am being kindly offered a replacement. Proof of excellent service. It is very generous and conscientious of them.

Queen of Pentacle

Cards that had been changed

I just noticed on tarot garden the Kunati High priestess... Ho different from the LE Touchtone High priestess.
She sure seems wiser and more benevolent...

Here's a link to the two versions.

http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/t-decks/touchstonekunaticards.gif

Does anyone have pics from the cards that have been changed? It would be so interesting to compare them

Bonnie

Sorry - They don't look all that different to me. Could it be the different printers? One is Kunati, the other is the LE deck.

Manda

I don't have any problems at all with the Kunati version. It's reassuring that if I did, though, they would be helpful!