The Antique Lenormand

Bernice

The Fish (34)

Here's the Fish.

Maybe not what might be expected... I was able to use the fish from the fish & clog card in the unknown deck. And this reminds me. I must apologise to tarot heart who seemed to think that the unknown deck was a Lenormand (it isn't), but I stated that there were no Lenormand images at all and I was WRONG! Although the deck is a sibilla type, there are four cards with 'Lenormand' images:- Clouds, a Fish, a Park (really nice one) and a Tree (two actually). Sorry TH.

Bee x

Attachments

• Fish.jpg
    Fish.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 118

Bernice

The Park/Garden (20)

This is the park card in the unknown deck with the same bushes where possible - as near as I can get it using the palette for this deck. Aside from the Clouds - which I changed because it was too busy - this is the only image that is clearly a Park (one of those large formal gardens).

It's so beautifully balanced that to add a few people wandering around would spoil it altogether. I can't even place a basket of roses in the scene (as much as I'd like to) or some distant hedging or a sundial without it looking defaced. No one knows who the artist was, but I wish he/she were around today.

Bee

Attachments

• Park-org.jpg
    Park-org.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 111

garmonbozia

The fish card is a little bizarre, love it.

Bernice

The Tower (19)

The fish card is a little bizarre, love it.

Cheers garmonbozia :)

Here's the Tower. In my minds eye it's missing a little *something*, perhaps later on I might be able to incorporate it - or not. Perhaps it might overdo the image.

Bee.

ETA: Re-uploaded the Tower. Moved the watermark.

Attachments

• Tower.jpg
    Tower.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 100

garmonbozia

Cheers garmonbozia :)

Here's the Tower. In my minds eye it's missing a little *something*, perhaps later on I might be able to incorporate it - or not. Perhaps it might overdo the image.

Bee.

lightning?

Bernice

lightning?

I never thought of that! It would certainly add some oomph :)

I was thinking that aside from meaning isolation, withdrawal etc. this image can also represent any large institution or building - usually with with some clout (clout = the means or ability to get things done the way you want), like the Law or big business, education, hospitals etc. And there in my minds eye I saw the little something that would serve to convey this meaning. But my drawing/painting skills (?) haven't cracked it....yet :)

Bee.

Bernice

The Ring (25)

Here's the Ring. Two versions... both convey entering into a contract or agreement (aside from that the Ring is round - what goes around can come around). I rather fancy the first one, Ring_1.jpg.

Bee

ETA: Not using either of these as I was able to combine elements of both - see next post.

Bernice

The RING (25) This one.

Finally. This one.

Contracts, unions etc. All agreements are subject to some sort of formality, whether mutual or civil understandings, or legally binding, hence the red carpet. It's used for all formal occasions be they solemn, jovial, or just plain boring. I'm not abolutely sure if a red carpet was used for formal events during the time of the 2nd Empire, but looking at various old paintings, I think it was (Le Fanu, would you know?).

Having broadband problems (Virgin ISP, not my pc) so I'm hoping this pic will upload o.k.
The cards do have a border but it cannot be seen against a black background.

Bee

ETA: I re-checked the dress stye (ladies) in the unknown deck, it seems to be very similar to 1813-1820, so not the Second Empire. Napoleon was still around. See pic below.

Attachments

• RING.jpg
    RING.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 1813-1820.jpg
    1813-1820.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 91

Bernice

The Bear (15)

Here's the Bear.

Big and strong in a high place, able to have his/her cake and eat it :). Also protective of what is considered to come under his/her jurisdiction.

Depending on the reading method, it seems that the Bear is regarded as either male or female. I've tried to incorporate both - plus the 'nutrition' meaning, if the Bear is used as such.

Bee

Attachments

• Bear.jpg
    Bear.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 104

Polyhymnia

There is something amiss with The Ring, IMHO. Perhaps it is the ring itself, have you thought about using an older setting? To me this is a little glitzy, modern.