Tarot of Delphi

BeyondtheVeil

Does anyone actually have one of these in their hands? I've seen the pre-orders, but I'm wondering if they are actually shipping this deck out now. It made the funding in December 2013. It is now Feb 2014, and I'm just wondering if anyone who has preordered has received their deck and what they think about it.
It looks gorgeous, so very curious!

Brightest Blessings :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

December_Empress

The last update indicated that the release and delivery may be pushed to April. I think she originally quoted a March timeframe, but she has had some difficulty obtaining the images for the deck.

BeyondtheVeil

The last update indicated that the release and delivery may be pushed to April. I think she originally quoted a March timeframe, but she has had some difficulty obtaining the images for the deck.

Thanks for letting me know! Please update this thread when you receive you deck and how you like it. I am wanting this deck also, but not sure about all this waiting but pre order stuff. Hope it works out like everyone is wanting. This deck was supposed to be my first one of 2014. :)

LavenderLibra

Received deck 8-13-14

I received my Tarot of Delphi today! It really looks nice--I am looking forward to examining it in daylight, so I can see better. Just wanted to let folks know that they are being shipped.

Also, if you are one of the early supporters, make sure they are all there. One of my two decks was perfect. The other had a duplicate 6 of Swords, & was missing a 3 of Coins. I have already written-- I am sure it will be no big deal to get it replaced.

Thoughtful

This looks a lovely deck and one l could work with. The illustrations are gorgeous l have just had a look at the cards, unfortunately she does not ship to UK due to something to do with copyright which is such a pity.

Tarotwolf

I received the Tarot of Delphi deck today and find it quite lovely. The entire presentation from card stock to box is of a high quality. However, there is a downside which appears to have been very deliberate. This is a feminist deck made for women to use. When I say it's a lovely deck, I mean it. It's lovely in its artistic styling and subject matter - and in the abundance of "lovely" women pictured on the cards. To be exact (and I counted just to make sure my initial impression wasn't wrong) there are 49 cards depicting exclusively females and out of these 48 cards 34 are comprised of solitary women filling the entire image on the cards!

The remainder of the deck consists of 21 cards with mixed gender images and 9 cards depicting only men. Even with the mixed gender cards most of the focus is placed upon the actions of the women in the images. If a deck comprised predominately of female oriented artwork is o.k. with you, then you'll probably love this deck. If not, then you'll probably find the deck quite lovely - and end up placing it with the rest of the decks in your collection.

Tarotwolf

Oh goodness! I need to let Thoughtful, who posted prior to mine, know that my use of the word "lovely" is in no way a derogatory slam against Thoughtful's comments. I must have subconsciously picked up this word from the previous post without realizing it.

Melia

I've only seen images online, but this deck is quite lovely.

Thoughtful

Oh goodness! I need to let Thoughtful, who posted prior to mine, know that my use of the word "lovely" is in no way a derogatory slam against Thoughtful's comments. I must have subconsciously picked up this word from the previous post without realizing it.

l have no worries at all and certainly never read it that way, but sweet of you nevertheless :)