The World Spirit Tarot 2nd Edition

Denever

Bigger -- that's a trimmed 2nd ed Temperance next to an untrimmed 1st ed Temperance.

I think the stock is about the same, though I noticed a little chipping at the corners. I probably would have edged the new deck in black even if I hadn't trimmed it.

Woa, big difference in saturation. Are the 2nd edition cards bigger or smaller? Thicker or thinner?

Thnx!

G6

FLizarraga

I think it's different in quality, because of the greater contrast. If you're a "bigger is better" person, it's an improvement in that regard, too. I believe that only three cards -- the Sun, the Magician, and the 10 of Pents -- and the backs were changed. Here are pics of all of them.

Oh, that new Sun is gorgeous! Thanks for the details. I'm tempted now...

Denever

As did I. I used PayPal and got a confirmation email from them but nothing from Onca. I wrote to her about five days later and she said she hadn't gotten notice from PayPal and was glad I wrote. She sent the deck out very promptly and emailed to let me know it was on the way. I'd suggest anyone buying it via PayPal send her a quick email at the same time, letting her know to look for the payment.

ETA: It was available on Amazon last time I looked, but I couldn't tell which edition it was, so I went straight to the source.

As far as I know, yes. That's where I got it.

Barleywine

As did I. I used PayPal and got a confirmation email from them but nothing from Onca. I wrote to her about five days later and she said she hadn't gotten notice from PayPal and was glad I wrote. She sent the deck out very promptly and emailed to let me know it was on the way. I'd suggest anyone buying it via PayPal send her a quick email at the same time, letting her know to look for the payment.

The exact same thing happened to me a couple of months ago, and she said the same thing. I even put a heads-up in another thread about it at that time.

Anise

Is the second edition only available from her site (thinks customs and other nasties....)

I was looking at the Discount New Age Books site for other things and noticed they had the World Spirit Tarot in stock. I was hoping against all odds it was the 1st edition because I like the original Magician, but it's probably the 2nd. The description says "New ISBN New size New box cover design Includes a deck bag."

I got mine from the indiegogo campaign and it didn't have a bag, or an ISBN I could find...but this one is listed at the same price as on Onca's site.

G6

I think it's different in quality, because of the greater contrast. If you're a "bigger is better" person, it's an improvement in that regard, too. I believe that only three cards -- the Sun, the Magician, and the 10 of Pents -- and the backs were changed. Here are pics of all of them.

Bahahaha! She put some pants on that dude! 😂😂😂

G6

Bigger -- that's a trimmed 2nd ed Temperance next to an untrimmed 1st ed Temperance.

I think the stock is about the same, though I noticed a little chipping at the corners. I probably would have edged the new deck in black even if I hadn't trimmed it.

Yep, I'll pass on the bigger cards. Thanks for the info. ✌🏻

Luna's Crone

My book fell apart and it was supposed to be replaced. She didn't answer my last email, so i had to put the new book away and use the old book. When i get a chance I will have to take the new book apart and try to put it back together again.

I was really disappointed that it was not followed up. Trying to put a book back together in and already pre-trimmed cover is hard. Especially when I will have to resew most of it.

mercuryempress

I was looking at the Discount New Age Books site for other things and noticed they had the World Spirit Tarot in stock. I was hoping against all odds it was the 1st edition because I like the original Magician, but it's probably the 2nd. The description says "New ISBN New size New box cover design Includes a deck bag."

I got mine from the indiegogo campaign and it didn't have a bag, or an ISBN I could find...but this one is listed at the same price as on Onca's site.

its the first edition llewllyn isbn 0738709026 there is a black organza bag in the box ..

i just received this I have the hour glass backs.
I have to say I'm really loving this deck..I just purchased it because it's been bugging me and now I'm so happy I have it

ldiddy

My book fell apart and it was supposed to be replaced. She didn't answer my last email, so i had to put the new book away and use the old book. When i get a chance I will have to take the new book apart and try to put it back together again.

My book from the 2nd edition fell apart too :(

Love the cards and text, but quality was very poor.