What Sells?

Midnite

This question is directed at pro readers who sell online. What readings do you sell, and what readings do you sell the most of?
I sell readings online and am about to do a revise of my store. I find the simple 1 question, 3 cards is the most popular (probably because it is the cheapest). General readings sell well too. I am thinking about scrapping my 3 question reading and also my card of the day reading. Would love some feedback/advice on this subject before I start making cuts. :)

fractalgranny

where do you sell, out of curiosity? i've been musing about starting an on.ine store, too.

Midnite

My own website which targets my local community. I also sell on Etsy when it's quiet.

nisaba

I just do online readings. I have a set price, in line with the price common in my community. I'll pull more or fewer cards according to the spread necessary for addressing the client's question, not according to price. They are paying for my time and attention.

Michael Sternbach

When doing a reading for a present sitter, I get paid by the hour. I started offering readings online very recently via my blog. I set a price for each drawn card; additional cards like summaries, shadows and clarifiers I consider a "bonus". Depending on the query, I might add some astrological and psychic work free of additional charge.

I ask the querent to specify their wishes regarding the size of the spread in the contact form. I would feel free to make a recommendation though, considering the nature of a query. I.e., I could hardly offer a comprehensive relationship analysis using only three cards. I am thinking of putting a few examples for different kinds of spreads on my blog.

Perhaps that's all a little too complicated? As I mentioned, I just started offering readings online. So I can't say yet how well my particular approach would work out. And I am curious about other readers' experiences.

lark

I price by time not number of cards.
I offer no less than ten minutes and no more than 90 minutes.
I let them pick what fits into their budget.
I use a five card spread, and do one line per question.
And a special relationship spread for love questions.

Most of my readings are an hour...people usually start out with 30 minutes and then add to it as the reading progresses.

But I do my reading over the phone and in person.
I hate typing a reading up....when you type readings up then doing it by a certain number of cards works well.

Sulis

If I were reading in person, I'd charge for my time but I very rarely read in person and when I do it's usually for donations..

My online readings are charged by the number of cards. I don't think it's a particularly good way of charging but it works well for online readings.
I offer 3 card readings, 5 card readings and 7 cards.. 5 cards is probably the most popular.. I used to offer 10 card readings online but it takes me so long to type them up that it just wasn't worth it and I used to dread having to do them..

I've toyed with the idea of charging per question and pulling 3 cards per question..

I have quite a free-style way of reading these days and don't really use structured spreads so I do often throw in an extra card or two if I think the reading warrants it.

Citrin

I don't do paid readings, for now anyway, but I've seen some people online doing "theme" readings with a word count. Like "small love reading" 500 words minimum, and then "big love reading" 2000 words minimum, and the big one is obviously more expensive than the small one. I think that kind of makes sense? :)

Midnite

Thanks for the input guys. I've decided to trial a few new readings. After 3 months I will flick the least popular ones so I'm left with 4 different reading options. :thumbsup: