DECK OF THE MONTH: JUNE

DaisyDragonfly

Universal Waite

This was one of the first decks that I received, ten years ago. I didn't use it for a few years, but I also loved it once I did. It was my regular reading deck for a while.

I wanted 365 Tarot Spreads, last year, but had to put off buying it. I'll have to see about getting it soon.

I'm enjoying both, that's for sure. I'm not actually doing a spread a day: some of them simply aren't relevant, some of them are seem a little repetitive. But the spreads I am doing are supporting me through a very reflective period in my life.

As to the deck: I've stayed entirely faithful! There's something very simple and direct about the Universal Waite. I'm enjoying that I don't have to try and translate through somebody else's interpretation of the cards. It's fun.

Mi-Shell

Crysalis crystals damaged :(

Oh!
>> a big sigh of relief!<<
Finalllly I found some brothers and sisters inSpirit that have similar thoughts about the Crysalis tarot than me!
A thread has opened.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=238472
My posts are on page 2 and 3
It is always good to know, that I am not the only lonely one, who thinks and feels a certain way about a deck.
The last few days of the Crysalis month I will spend, using the deck as an Oracle.
Let's see, what that will reveal.

merissa_88

Druidcraft Tarot

I'm on my last day with the Druidcraft this month. I really like this deck and managed to really study it this month. I've been doing readings and manage to interpret cards based on some of the Celtic imagery instead of using more of a Rider Waite approach.

I feel I accomplished my goal with this deck. It's even gotten me to read about ancient forests in Britain and bluebell woods. These are things I did not know about before this month.

I have always loved the way the deck works with the Druid Plant and Animal Oracles. I made a megadeck with the two and read it with the tarot.

lalalibra

Mary-el Tarot & Ceccoli Tarot

I started this month working with just the Mary-el Tarot, and then I acquired the Ceccoli Tarot mid-month, so I've finished the last half of the month with both of these decks.

I felt so inspired by the Ceccoli Tarot that I actually put together my own separate notebook dedicated solely to this deck. Although I journal the majority of my readings and experiences with all my decks in my regular journal, this notebook is different because it will be full of my own personal impressions of the cards (sort of like my own personal, expanded lwb). I go through my regular journal every few days and I translate the gist of whatever I had written in there about this deck's imagery into the Ceccoli notebook. And I just love doing this! First time having a real "tarot journal" and I'm so happy I've finally given it a try. It is a lot more work, but it's so worth it. I think it adds more value to the time that I do spend with this deck. Writing in general helps me to delve deeper into things anyway, so I'm having a lot of fun with this as I already love the Ceccoli Tarot so much. It's a great way to get to know it better.

I'm thinking I might end up doing the same with the Mary-el Tarot. I think it helps to nurture a very personal relationship with the cards - you have this blank page for you to fill with your own musings. And while the book descriptions are wonderful, it's nice to be able to focus more so on your own subjective experience at times.

merissa_88

I started this month working with just the Mary-el Tarot, and then I acquired the Ceccoli Tarot mid-month, so I've finished the last half of the month with both of these decks.

I felt so inspired by the Ceccoli Tarot that I actually put together my own separate notebook dedicated solely to this deck. Although I journal the majority of my readings and experiences with all my decks in my regular journal, this notebook is different because it will be full of my own personal impressions of the cards (sort of like my own personal, expanded lwb). I go through my regular journal every few days and I translate the gist of whatever I had written in there about this deck's imagery into the Ceccoli notebook. And I just love doing this! First time having a real "tarot journal" and I'm so happy I've finally given it a try. It is a lot more work, but it's so worth it. I think it adds more value to the time that I do spend with this deck. Writing in general helps me to delve deeper into things anyway, so I'm having a lot of fun with this as I already love the Ceccoli Tarot so much. It's a great way to get to know it better.

I'm thinking I might end up doing the same with the Mary-el Tarot. I think it helps to nurture a very personal relationship with the cards - you have this blank page for you to fill with your own musings. And while the book descriptions are wonderful, it's nice to be able to focus more so on your own subjective experience at times.

What a fantastic idea! Sounds like you really connected. For a while, I used to begin my DOTM with a week away from the book. Just my journal, dreams, and the deck. It is fun to build my own bridge to the deck before reading the book.

Now I'm depending more on the book, but only reading the description of the imagery. I tend to avoid the divinatory meanings unless they really speak to me.

lalalibra

What a fantastic idea! Sounds like you really connected. For a while, I used to begin my DOTM with a week away from the book. Just my journal, dreams, and the deck. It is fun to build my own bridge to the deck before reading the book.

Now I'm depending more on the book, but only reading the description of the imagery. I tend to avoid the divinatory meanings unless they really speak to me.

I love your idea of starting off the DOTM that way too (to not look at the book at all for the first week). I'm in agreement about avoiding divinatory meanings unless they seem to relate to or support my personal experience. I think that's what's really powerful about spending a lot of time with a deck, to have your own memory built into each card over time :)