What you would consider as MISUSE of a tarot deck

gregory

Selling off the cards individually on ebay (with the Rock and Roll that happens all the time - and there are so many people who actually want THE DECK - but at $10 a card....)

Someone here who genuinely owns TWO Sangreals was considering doing that and the chorus of "no no we will get up a fund to buy the whole thing, it would be a CRIME" stopped her. At least, I hope it did...

Zephyros

Selling off the cards individually on ebay (with the Rock and Roll that happens all the time - and there are so many people who actually want THE DECK - but at $10 a card....)

Someone here who genuinely owns TWO Sangreals was considering doing that and the chorus of "no no we will get up a fund to buy the whole thing, it would be a CRIME" stopped her. At least, I hope it did...

Wow... I was about to go the usual route of "no, it is all about intent, no such thing as misuse," etc., but that takes the cake. A Sangreal gutted like that!?!?! That's just unforgivable, unless they were in dire straits.

gregory

Wow... I was about to go the usual route of "no, it is all about intent, no such thing as misuse," etc., but that takes the cake. A Sangreal gutted like that!?!?! That's just unforgivable, unless they were in dire straits.
No they weren't. They had the idea that it might be a nice way to share the love.... I think they went right off that theory when we were done.

EyeAmEye

Anything done with malintent. All else is fine as I see it.

La Force

No they weren't. They had the idea that it might be a nice way to share the love.... I think they went right off that theory when we were done.

OMGOSH, seriously, someone even had that intent or thought run across their mind, that is so criminal. I agree to with Closrapexa, it's horriable to Gutt A Sangreal Tarot like that, not only is that misintention, but it is "MISUSE" as well. ( BAD, Wrongful, and Maltreatment ) of a deck like that, or any deck for that matter.

Glad to hear that they didn't follow through with :thumbsup:

Ace

I was going to mention that thread, but you got in ahead of me, Gregory. That WOULD be a crime and except for the Rock and Roll deck (where I an see it a bit, if you are not buying it for tarot but for Rock n Roll memorabilia on your "favorite.)

barb

ravenest

Making a bird's nest out of it.

I saw one incorporated into a wall mural ... it was pretty good, so I didnt think it was misused ... but it couldnt be used as a reading deck again ... well, maybe if you threw darts at the wall blindfolded .... :lightbulb

Or throwing it in someone's face (unless you absolutely had to, for reasons of self-defence).

Self defence with tarot cards ? :laugh: Do you mean the whole deck ... or individual cards , like star knives .

Michael Sternbach

Self defence with tarot cards ? :laugh: Do you mean the whole deck ... or individual cards , like star knives .

I was thinking of throwing the whole deck in their face as to momentarily distract them, followed up by something more substantial, of course. But I never had to actually do something like that, so far. Overall, my sitters seem to be quite satisfied with their readings.

ravenest

Glad to hear it was just an idea and not something you were used to doing ;)

Achlys

Misuse of a deck would be anything that damages it.
Although I also consider not using a deck misuse of it. Decks are meant to be used.
I'm not against collecting but it should be a useful collection.

I am also not fully against using an old or worn deck for art but personally I wouldn't do that unless I was absolutely sure the deck had to be retired. If it isn't then to me that's kind of misuse as well.