Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 205 : July 4 - July 10

RiverRunsDeep

*sigh* One of my absolute favorites! (Dame Darcy's deck)

I can certainly see why it's a favorite. This deck has a handmade, broken-in
feeling to it that I am in love with already!

Hope you post pics. I'm planning to use the DDM Tarot with the Sassy She Oracle in the next few weeks. I'll be interested to see how your week with your two decks goes. Fun indeed :D

I will happily post pics. Ooooh, I like the looks of the Sassy She. It
definitely has the same "attitude" as the DDM.

Scarlet Woodland

Hmm, could be an interesting one this week. One one hand (after putting off getting the deviant moon for ages thinking it would creep me out) I love the look of this deck and looking at it card by card, the imagery makes perfect sense to me... on the other, every card I draw with a purpose seems to be WTF? card. It's speaking but it's not speaking my language.

On asking how to better connect with the deck it gave me the devil... so I should what... get pissed then try? :D

Will try pulling from a different deck for a min to see if I'm just having an idiot day.

ETA: Pissed=Drunk in case of language barrier haha.

Scarlet Woodland

Okay Okay I'm starting to get it... Wild Unknown says I'll have it cracked by the end of tonight. Doubting self and projecting onto cards, be more 'knight of wands' about it yada yada.

Incidentally, both agree that what I should really be doing is tidying up instead :(

Fine <scuffs shoe on floor sulkily> will have a quick whizz round, then maybe Mr Deviant will speak to me.

SarahJoy

I'm I'm for another week with the Zodiac Tarot.

Scarlet Woodland

Phew, over the hump and have my babel fish in now. Me and Mr Deviant moon are chatting away just fine :)

RiverRunsDeep

It's funny to see how the Dame Darcy Mermaid tarot has such a
youthful, playful, and carefree spirit, while the Oracle of the Mermaids
has a more serious, mature, and grown-up tone. When I lay an Oracle
card next to a few of the DDMs, it is as if a sophisticated older
sister has entered a room full of her unruly pre-teen siblings. :laugh:

My first daily draw with these cards is here.

bonebeach

The Vampire Tarot

Is it too late to sign up for the week? I'm committing to it being a Dracula week. Loteria cards are my oracle deck.

Scarlet Woodland

EEK! Was supposed to be going for a walk in the afternoon with the other half but on drawing cards for the day got horrendous one for that period... checked with three cards for the walk specifically and all really really bad. Asked what if we did something else and all lovely.

How to explain to non believing partner that we can't go for a walk cause one of us is gonna have a nasty accident. Hmm. Might just try and sell him on going to the new pub and getting a takeaway instead.

Madame Squee

Finally...

I'm in with Deirdre of the Sorrows this week.

Thank you, VGimlet!