7 of Swords regarding a relationship

Cape

Just now I did a spread about a guy that im talking with atm, and for the second time, regarding his feelings for me I got an upright 7 of Swords, I am so confused about this card, is he trying to steal something from me?

Other cards that I got on his part were 5 of Wands and a reversed Temperance.

Pls Halp

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, Cape!

Please take a moment to read the UTC Posting Rules. When asking for help with cards from readings, you are required to provide your own interpretations first before others may try to help you. You listed other cards (probably for context), but did not provide your interpretations of them. If you list cards, you must provide your own interpretations of them. A response that mentioned the cards you haven't interpreted has been hidden. Once you've provided your interpretations, that post will be returned to view.

Other posters, please limit responses to the card in the title until the other cards have either been interpreted or removed from the post.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Cape

My interpretation

The mods are telling me that I should post my own interpretstions first. About 7 of Swords I so confused. But about 5 of Wand I think he is feeling like he has to fight to win me? Reversed Temperance is because he feels out of balance when he talks to me, i think.

EmceeDirector

Tread Carefully

Hi Cape!
The 7 of Swords for me can also represent deception. That there might be something about him that he is keeping from you. In Thoth, the seven of swords represents Futility...could indicate that he feels the relationship might not be good to pursue. The 5 of Wands hints at conflict; not only within himself but the potential for discord between the two of you. And the reversed temperance is definitely representative of imbalance. Unfortunately I don't think these cards provide a positive outlook on what could come...
Emcee

rwcarter

I agree with EmceeDirector that those are not good cards for a relationship question. At best the 7S suggests that he's deceiving himself, but more likely that he's deceiving you. His feelings for you are centered around getting something from you.

5W could represent him fighting with himself over whether or not to proceed with his 7S feelings. Temperance Rx would then highlight the imbalance he has toward you. Temperance Rx can also indicate lust and sexual imbalance, so it's possible that all he wants is a one-night stand. I usually associate the KnW or KnS with one-night stands though, so it's possible that he wants that AND something else from you.

Rodney

Cape

Thank you so much people. You have no idea how much sense your interpetations make for me. He told me that he has lost all his lust and has been feeling a bit depressed lately. Also he lives in another country too so, nothing sexual is possible between us atm.

I did another reading today because earlier in the Tarot readings the cards seemed to suggest something almost positive between us even though it didnt seem like things were working out (I forgot the cards though)

Cards from additional reading removed by Moderator

Grizabella

Were these two full readings?

At any rate, your original question was about the 7 of Swords so I'll just comment on that one. He might just be evasive or reserved about letting you get too close or know too much about him till he knows you better.

Other than that, I agree with Rodney that he might be deceiving you but it might not be intended. It just might be his way when he doesn't know someone very well.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi Cape,

I have edited your latest post to remove mention of the cards you got from a subsequent reading. By posting those cards you are going off-topic, which isn't allowed at Aeclectic. If you wish to discuss those cards, please create a new thread to discuss them.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Cape

@rwcarter oh god I am so sorry I am so new... I'll get informed about the rules and guidelines as best I can and hopefully I wont make any more errors