Tarot Shadow Work--Study Group?

Yogi Cat

I would like to do this one too. I have just ordered the book and it will be here by the 13th approx. I have had a look at a copy of the book and it looks really good. Like Balder I will also be a newbie. I haven't done any sort of study group like this before. I have got the information on setting up an altar. I can't wait to get started.

Jewel

I am just now starting to work on this and would very much like to participate as well. I am also working with Tarot for Self-Discovery in conjunction with this.

Please do check out the thread Jema posted, I read the article yesterday and it can make a difference in how you choose to proceed with your shadow work.

DarkElectric

Sorry, guys, I have to bug out. I haven't gotten the book yet, and it looks like it will be a while until I can. Boo. I'm bummed. Carry on the good work!

starr

Just received the book today, I'llread a little tonight and try and catch up with you guys.

Starr

HOLMES

i read that article

having done the shadow work already with just the majors, and followed the book.

i highly suggest any shadow work you do should have just the majors arcanas first. for a number of reasons.

1. you remember your first time when you do the shadow work especially when you do the first spread.for me when i did it it was like MAN THEY GOT ME .
2. to use the minors for where, and for majors for who and what aspects of yourself might be considered beginner work compard to using the shadow spirital forces of the majors but it really is not. see the shadow major forces entail all your life lessons you are going through at this time. it might be harder til you know what you are doing. this is because to deal with specific situations and people and the lesso you learn and all their shadows can crush a person til you are stronger. and understand the shadow.
therefore i only did the majors arcana shadow work but i reccomend using it first with the majors to understand the shadows in your life overall before incorpating details likes those mentioned.

Jewel

Thanks for the advice Holmes. I will follow it.

Laurel

That's good advice Holmes...

... of course, I somehow missed the part of "Majors-only" and started my first Shadow Work spread with a complete deck last night. It was still powerfully strong and meaningful, particularly when my own shadow card (7 of cups) showed up. I think for me, using the entire deck "feels right" because there are a lot of nuances and ideas that a 78 card deck can offer that a 22 card one cannot.

Laurel

Moongold

Re: i read that article

HOLMES said:
having done the shadow work already with just the majors, and followed the book.

i highly suggest any shadow work you do should have just the majors arcanas first. for a number of reasons.

I agree with Holmes.

I used the majors in the shadow work exercise before being aware of the Jette's subsequent article on Tarot Passages and I'm glad that I did.

I am a comparative newcomer as well, and the major cards are very simple and powerful. They revealed a great deal and it was probably as much as I could usefully handle at that time.

On a very practical level, I pasted the images of my cards into a Word document in the form of the Star and put the document in my journal. I've needed to go back to the images and my notes from time to time and this makes it a lot easier. I also wrote my individual responses to each card alongside a copy of the scanned image of the card and this also has been helpful with reflection.

I used the Morgan Greer and the images are easily available on the Orphalese site, along with various other decks.

Moongold

Rhiannon

Finally got the book today and I'm reading through it now, about 1/2 way through chapter 1.

R :)