Layouts for Studying Major Arcana

rwcarter

Thanks for reviving an old thread of mine!

Interesting layout. I've never seen it before though. It kinda looks numerological with the 10 multiples set apart for some reason. But on closer inspection that's not quite what's going on. If it were truly numerological the 11 would be under the 2, not under the 1. So it looks like it's setup more along the lines of the Minors as a sequence from 1-9. Are the Fool and the World actually under the 6 and 4 columns respectively as in your diagram or are they actually slightly offset? Also are the 10 and 20 meant to be slightly offset or part of the 5 column?

Would definitely be interested to learn more about this layout.

Rodney

Astraea Aurora

Hi Rodney,

thanks for your input so far. Now that you've mentioned it, I think I spotted somewhere in the accompanying text that somehow 1 and 11 belonged together and 12 and 2 and so on, and that both 10 and 20 were some kind of turning points.

Indeed, 5, 10, 15 and 20 are in one vertical line. 00 and 21 are meant to be between the columns, closer to 20. It doesn't show well.

If anyone knows more about it, please say so. I'm really intrigued by this layout cause it seems to be something really different.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

rwcarter

Astraea,

With that info then, it looks like the layout forms some kind of balance or fulcrum. I'll have to lay down a set of Majors and see if I can figure out what the layout is trying to get at.

Rodney