Some Thoughts on The Star

SweetSiren

Throughout the years this card has showed itself as hope, and as time has gone on, it's a card that indicates a sort of "to be continued, but not now" situation.

This showed up in my daily reading today and I got to thinking about the other memorable readings I had with this card. Years ago, it showed up in an inquiry about a relationship I wanted to get started. It did not happen, but I'm now friends with this person and much more comfortable with them without all the butterflies. So I actually got aomething better than I hoped for. It could have been telling me I was being a bit unrealistic, but after thinking on it, I think it was more about preserving that good space in my heart for him. I think it showed me something that was lasting about that relationship, even if it wasn't what I wanted it to be at that time. So hope, yes, but more of a bit of advice to keep the good feelings you have even when it seems like you shouldn't.

I also got this card when I asked about going back to school for a certain career. Two years later, I am in school but not what I was thinking about at the time. In this case, i think it was showing me that I was on the right track and to keep moving in that direction.

The Star has come to me in situations when the timing is off for one reason or another, but they will serve to be important later on down the road. It's a sign to not think to much on whatever is preoccupying you and to allow it to unfold while you maintain your inner peace.

Just how I have come to experience this card. I'd love to her your thoughts on it and if you have a different spin.

Grizabella

That's a wonderful way to see the message of this card. I'm glad you shared it with us. I hadn't thought of it that way in so many words, but I like how you've expressed it.

For me, the Star upright is a very hopeful, positive card. I can't think at the moment of anything profound I've seen it mean in readings, but I think sometimes it's just going to carry the message simply not give up hope and to remain optimistic even if we can't see our way to the other side of an issue in the cards or in general.

Now and then I've seen it mean that someone is distant and cold or unreachable but that's in the negative aspect of it.

spookyboo22

Really good insight x

nisaba

Throughout the years this card has showed itself as hope, and as time has gone on, it's a card that indicates a sort of "to be continued, but not now" situation.

Well, hope is all about time. Who hopes for something they already have?

Nemia

The Star is associated with Aquarius - and Aquarius sees into the future. If there will ever be Utopia, Aquariuses will have brought it about. Something of the power of the visionary shines in the Star. This belief that the future can bring good things, that we have to make our efforts for that (that's the Aquarian contribution) and that we have to be unshakeably hopeful (that's the message from the Star).

The stars, the universe give us perspective on ourselves. The same stars shone on our ancestors in the stone age, and we can rely on them to show up in the same constellations centuries from now. Within this huge perspective, we have our small lives to get on with, and to do as best as we can, for ourselves but also humankind.

For me, the Star often appears when I need to see the bigger picture, think bigger and detach myself from the day-to-day needs and troubles.

ana luisa

Really uplifiting interpretations !! Thank you for sharing :) I like to associate the Star card to Sirius. "When the Egyptians saw Sirius rising just before the Sun they knew it would soon be time for the flooding - inundation - of the Nile River, around which, all Egyptian life was woven. They depended upon the flooding of the Nile for the fertility of their lands."
And in many Star depictions you do have a brightest star showing amongst all others.
It says times are tough but things always get better, as if in a cycle. :)

As to the negative aspects, when it comes reversed it usually indicates abandoning a dream or death.

SweetSiren

Well, hope is all about time. Who hopes for something they already have?

Hope is only that, hope. It gets us by. I've seen that the star card is actually a bit more of a promise than wishful thinking for the sake of it. that's my point ;)

SweetSiren

The Star is associated with Aquarius - and Aquarius sees into the future. If there will ever be Utopia, Aquariuses will have brought it about. Something of the power of the visionary shines in the Star. This belief that the future can bring good things, that we have to make our efforts for that (that's the Aquarian contribution) and that we have to be unshakeably hopeful (that's the message from the Star).

The stars, the universe give us perspective on ourselves. The same stars shone on our ancestors in the stone age, and we can rely on them to show up in the same constellations centuries from now. Within this huge perspective, we have our small lives to get on with, and to do as best as we can, for ourselves but also humankind.

For me, the Star often appears when I need to see the bigger picture, think bigger and detach myself from the day-to-day needs and troubles.

I like that a lot. It is what I got hung up on with the star. I boiled it down to being hopeful or needing to be hopeful, and that was it for me. The star is a dreamy card, and I guess you are right that my examples were of things that were more about being spiritually fulfilled than anything else. So taking a mind trip away from the daily grind is definitely in that card.

SweetSiren

That's a wonderful way to see the message of this card. I'm glad you shared it with us. I hadn't thought of it that way in so many words, but I like how you've expressed it.

For me, the Star upright is a very hopeful, positive card. I can't think at the moment of anything profound I've seen it mean in readings, but I think sometimes it's just going to carry the message simply not give up hope and to remain optimistic even if we can't see our way to the other side of an issue in the cards or in general.

Now and then I've seen it mean that someone is distant and cold or unreachable but that's in the negative aspect of it.

That is how I have always seen it as well, and it was really interesting to actually think about my history with the card and look at how things played out. It was a good reminder that when tarot or anything tells you not to give up hope, it's good advice. The distant and cold interpretation never sat right with me but I went with it a time or two when I was at a loss of what it could mean.