Uni Tarot - new multi deck app for Android [free]

ueI

I've noticed something unusual about your Celtic Cross. The card placements don't match those of other Celtic Crosses I've seen.

danieljuk

There is so many variants of the CC that in the Your Readings section here they have to ask people to list the positions with the laid out cards because everyone has their own way of doing it! :)

The app has...

1. Heart of the Matter
2. The Challenge
3. The Root Cause (Immediate Future for some people)
4. Recent Past (Root or Unconscious Cause for some people)
5. Possible Outcome (Attitudes and Beliefs for some people, Recent Past for other people)
6. Immediate Future (Attitudes, Conscious Influences, Goals for some)
7. You
8. External Influences
9. Hopes and Fears
10. Outcome

There is a version of the CC with many positions all about different influences and attitudes I have seen!

The app version is the one I learnt but a lot of people have different positions. You could just use the app spread and use your own position for each card :)

Wendywu

I put in a Tirage en Croix and moved it up the list to the top 'cos it's my favourite spread. Shovelled the CC down to the bottom because I really don't care for it that much.

I really like how you can change things in the app to suit yourself :)

I'm going to scan in Lynryrd's Tarot de Maria Celia this weekend because I'm in love with it!

kalliope

I also love the customizability of this app, it's so versatile and useful! I plan to scan in my Petit Etteilla deck (even my homemade one) so I can practice readings as I go through Caitlín Matthew's new The One and Only Petit Etteilla Course. :D

I'll scan a regular playing card deck, so I can get back to my Kapherus/Regina Russell cartomancy, too.

Thanks so much for offering the functionality that you do!

Wendywu

I just scanned four more of my decks and added them to the app. I don't think there can be a limit on how many you add! So far over the last few months I've scanned about 50 decks and added them all. Also, to my joy, you can save them on your own SD card rather than having to save them on the phone itself. This means that although I have about 400Mb of saved decks, none of them are saved to my phone; they are all on my own card which is necessarily huge (64Gb) 'cos of the amount of music I store on it.

It's an added pleasure when using the app to know that these are my very own cards I am reading; and sometimes there's a little mark on a card that I recognise as this or that accident. I know folk might say why not just use the deck but it's not so easy in some places - late at night with a sleeping partner beside me and two dogs settled at the end of the bed I can hardly turn on the light 'cos I want to read some cards! With them all on my phone - I can read any deck I like :)

ucdevs

Good to know that it works for 50 imported decks :)
How long the app is launching?

Wendywu

Slight lag, but nothing all that noticeable - say 3 seconds? But that's only for the actual app to open - everything inside it is as fast as ever.

Pam O

Hey ucdevs ,

What is the name of your company?

I wanted to recommend your app to someone, but I could not find anything but your email address. I tried Googling for your Co name and your web page link, because I wanted to send him your info?

I do like your app with the multi decks in it. It is cool to have an options to see one spread in different decks in an app. Very enlightening... :thumbsup:

Wendywu

I put in two decks of rune cards as well - my favourite Partridge & Linsell Anglo Saxon futhark and the Blum Elder Futhork cards (original edition- much nicer than the later edition).

I just love this - so many resources in once place now :)