'Colorize' The Everyman Tarot?

What do you think of the Everyman Tarot Colorized?

• Oh, NO! The B & W version is very powerful! Leave it!

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Maybe it will work ... it could be interesting to have a copy of each version.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Oh, YES! I will definately buy it if you colorize it!

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tarotbear

Well - a 'little more' than mere colorization ...

Currently I am in-between projects but that will not last for long - but after a few attempts to color The Everyman Tarot (The Game Crafter) I still was not completely sure if I was sold on doing it ... after all~ drawing 78 cards is one thing but to turn around and color them now that they exist ... should I or shouldn't I?

It is also 'BEYOND' deciding who gets what color robe. I am also resizing the images to take advantage of TGC's card size, and I am also moving some of the motifs to make a better fit. I then decided to replace the clumsy hand-lettered names I did and replace the Roman numerals, too.

Attachments

• MA 000.jpg
    MA 000.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 224
  • MA 001.jpg
    MA 001.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 207
  • MA 002 A.jpg
    MA 002 A.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 203

Luna-Ocean

I saw your deck on TGC Tarot bear and i did like the black and white edition, but i think personally colour brings out the features more which i like, how did you colour the images?

I think having two colour editions would be a good choice for some?

tarotbear

More ...

Three more cards ....

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too soon, but it takes me one complete day to adjust and color one of these and I have a cross-stich project awaiting me! It may not be until late 2014 before any colorized version will be complete enough to publish as a new deck.

I am colorizing them in MS Paint at the moment ... that may change, too if I buy a digital drawing pad and whatever software it uses ... I may download GIMP. I don't know how the color palettes differ, though.

Attachments

• MA 003.jpg
    MA 003.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 174
  • MA 004.jpg
    MA 004.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 162
  • MA 005.jpg
    MA 005.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 161

Luna-Ocean

Three more cards ....

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too soon, but it takes me one complete day to adjust and color one of these and I have a cross-stich project awaiting me! It may not be until late 2014 before any colorized version will be complete enough to publish as a new deck.

I am colorizing them in MS Paint at the moment ... that may change, too if I buy a digital drawing pad and whatever software it uses ... I may download GIMP. I don't know how the color palettes differ, though.

Yes i do like it colored, so you have my vote tarotbear.

tarotbear

BTW

BTW - I learned how to 'color' in Paint approximately one month ago! I started by colorizing the illustrations for my childrens' book. I am new to all of this as an artistic technique. These deck images were first drawn in felt-tip pen (Really!) on copy paper (Double Really!), scanned in, and digitized. I then graduated to the 'Sordid Lives' Tarot (the non-existent deck thread) where I actually drew the images into the computer itself without having them on paper first...lots of new things happening in my 'art' life!

MeeWah

I wanted to vote on all the options :D

Yes, the black and white version is a powerful deck in its own way.

The colourization on those few cards, however, demonstrates that adding colour accentuates individual card details that are not as evident or obvious in black and white.

tarotbear

It should allow multiple choice, but I don't think there is a 'Choose All' option! :p

tarotbear

Quite a piece of work ....

The nice thing is being able to make all the straight lines completely straight, but there is quite a difference between the B&W and color versions!

Attachments

• MA 007.jpg
    MA 007.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 145
  • MA 007t.jpg
    MA 007t.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 155

Padma

I like the colour version, myself. It makes the images stand out more, I feel. But then I am a colour-freak :D

tarotbear

Strength

Strength colorized. I thought the drawing/setting looked 'too arid' so I 'greened' it up.

Attachments

• MA 008.jpg
    MA 008.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 151