Golden Tarot

Cerulean

Ahhh...the black swan was inspiration!

And part of the great innovations that I enjoy about this deck.

By the way, I'm not a scholar, I'm just a slightly fanatical student, like most of us here in most things tarot-like. Thanks again!

I'm still enjoying this book-deck among a few others...but THIS will probably be a favorite. My husband was very impressed about the Tarotgarden.com price, the U.S. Games packaging and my whoop-de-doo at what we've been all been waiting for up to two years or so...now I feel like some dreams come true!

Mari H.

Khatruman

lark said:
For anyone interested.....
I just recieved a confirmation from Amazon that my order for the Golden Tarot was shipped today.
Is that Amazon in the USA? The same Amazon that cancelled my pre-order and said it wasn't going to be published? The same Amazon that still won't bring up the deck if you do a search for it?

Would you have an ISBN on the deck or item number from Amazon so that I can give them a piece of my mind?

retrokat

Amazon is an enigma to me...

I've been told "Amazon are notoriously difficult to deal with" and I've definitely found that to be true. I guess they're so huge, so much of their operation is automated. I've never managed to deal with a real human being there, and there seems to be a complex and mysterious web of inter-relationships in their distribution.

I've told USGS that it's been pulled altogether of the Amazon US site (last week) despite the fact that some people have been told by Amazon that their decks have actually been despatched (thanks Lark!). I believe that USGS are trying as best they can to sort out the obvious contradiction (how can they be sending out decks if according to their site it no longer exists?). It's very frustrating to say the least.

The only reason I haven't given up on Amazon altogether given the repeated problems is that their reach is huge - thanks to their very effective affiliate program, the deck was available for sale on scores of sites including my own. They're the only online vendor from whom I can get a commission on sales from my site, and thus hopefully cover the costs of keeping my site open.

As mentioned a few days ago, I hope that Amazon (US) will sort out their error within a few days, especially since they've obviously physically received copies to dispatch to the few people who managed to get in orders in that small window between the original mass order cancellation and the deck getting pulled altogether from the site. Argh.

Sure, email them. They might listen to a buyer more than the author & publisher! The ISBN is 1572814349 1 and their ASIN was 1572814349.

Cerulean

ISBN

The Golden Tarot
by Kat Black
Copyright 2003
U.S. Games Systems
ISBN 1572814349

contrascarpe

I have ordered many items over the years from Amazon and never had a problem until now. I ordered my Golden Tarot late in the game (when the price was already $25). When people started getting emails that their order was cancelled, I went to the website to check on my order. At that time it was still listed but a couple of days later it disappeared, with no email at all.

However the deck still showed up on the site, so I re-ordered it then. Finally I gave up and bought it through Tarot Garden (which, by the way, I should have done to begin with). I tried cancelling my order with Amazon, but there is no link to do so - apparently because the item "doesn't exist". I sent them an email yesterday but have yet to hear back.

Something tells me I will be getting a package from Amazon with this deck in it, lol.

Dan

retrokat

Sell your spare copy on eBay! One went yesterday for $42!!

contrascarpe

retrokat said:
Sell your spare copy on eBay! One went yesterday for $42!!

Something tells me I am going to love this deck so much, I may have to horde it :)

Kat - one question as I await my copy - did any of the artwork come from the collection at the Musee Cluny in Paris? I have been to that museum several times and it is one of my favorites. I think that is why I was so drawn to the deck from the beginning.

Dan

retrokat

Hi Dan,

Now here's an obscure answer to your question.....

Thanks to the "Find" function in Word, I managed to track down the one reference to Musee Cluny in Paris.

The shape of the heart (but not the texture) in my Three of Swords is from:

"Unknown Flemish Master, (early fifteenth century in Arras); The Offering of the Heart c. 1410 Tapestry, Musée de Cluny, Paris".

*grin* Glad you asked?

Thanks god for computers, or can you can imagine how impossible it would have been to keep record of every single element I used in my collages?

I've never been to the Musée de Cluny - will have to put it on my itinerary if I ever manage to go to Paris again. The one time I was there for 2 weeks on vacation, I visited the Louvré several times and still didn't manage to see everything it's so huge! I loved the Notre Dame Catherdral too. And Monmartre, so seedy and yet so full of life. Even the cemetaries are amazingly beautiful.

Ah, for the days of the Grand Tour, to send months studying the great museums, galleries, cathedrals etc... Dream, dream....

contrascarpe

Kat -

That is the beauty of the city - so many things to do, so little time. I dream of having enough money to retire and just sit at a cafe and write all day, like the expatriates after WWI.

The Musee de Cluny is located in the Latin Quarter by the Sorbonne. It is actually housed along with some ancient Roman Baths that still remain in the city. I am going to have to look up the tapestry you speak of. The heart of the Cluny collection is a series of tapestries called the Lady and the Unicorn (if my rapidly failing memory recalls correctly).

The Museum is highly recommended!

Dan

retrokat

Another Amazon mystery

I bought a few Web Usability books off Amazon US recently and when they arrived they were postmarked as being sent from Hong Kong. I guess that means that they have warehouses all over the world. Maybe that partly explains the apparent inconsistency in despatches for pre-orders through Amazon?

Or perhaps it's to do with the alignment of the planets?