Phantasmagoric 29/7 *7 Coins*

Little Baron

So, did the yellow blob have any significance and make a re-appearance in my day? Were my fears, regarding my mother and the blob justified?. I am affraid to say yes, yes and yes.

The blob came into its own this afternoon and I instantly detected its energy. It was good to be prepared. My father was not prepared for the blob and all that came with it so this evening has had it's moments of tension.

My card for tomorrow is totally 'blob free'. It is the 7 of coins.

This card is one that I have overlooked in the deck; there are so many other strong cards that this one took a back seat; I am glad, for that reason, that it is here for my daily draw and as tomorrows card of the day.

What do I see? This card is bright; it's brimming with colour in the central figures even if the landscape around them and behind them is a little unfertile and dull.
A man 'swings' open his windows and is greeted with 7 coins growing in his carrot patch. This is what I call a good harvest! The trees in the background look dead so I imagine that this is a nice surprise to him and an end to a period where finances and all other apects of the pentacle suit are taking a turn for the better. He lives in a rather 'phallic' shaped house; its outside walls are blue and on top is a bright pink roof. The man wears white and green.

Graham Cameron says of this card -
"Morning arrives and Ryan opens his window, greeted by a new harvest. Ryan is a dedicated and hard worker who cultivates his skills and abilities. He is a productive villager who is beginning to reap the rewards of his hard work.
The Seven of Coins represents achievement through effort and perseverance and being rewarded for hard work".

I like Ryan. At the moment, I can not draw so much from this card. I think I need to hear some of your takes on it to understand it more fully. It does seem possitive though and I see an end to some of the unfertile and problem areas in my life.

Lets hope that with these coins, Ryan can buy hinself a bigger house!

What do you lot think???

Best wishes

Yaboot

Attachments

• ryan.jpg
    ryan.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 196

Maan

Hi Yaboot, sorry to hear about the blob thing.

Seems like a nice card for tomorrow.
I don't have much to add.
The only thing that pops in my head every time i see this card is the fact that the money is right in front of his own home.
Sometimes i feel like i'm looking for meanings, money, happiness and other things far away, while i should be like Ryan and just look closely to my own surroudings were i can find the same things..maybe even better.

Love
Maan

Little Baron

Blob, blob, blob

The Blob thing turned out alright in the end. Maybe the fact that there is a suggestion of movement and quickness in that card highlighted how the change from 'blob' back to normal transformed quicker than it usually does. Maybe this blob is a little more positive than the 10 of Wands blob.

I see what you mean about the coins being nearer than maybe we imagine. I think it highlights that I have everything I need within me to have success at the endeavours I take on and that I should be who I am and more confident.

Yaboot

Maan

indeed be more confident!
You can do it!
Even the phantasmagoric tells you!

darwinia

Blobs Spotted in Cheshire

The Blob looks like the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland to me, only he's a yellow blob. Same grin. He's rather a taunting sort of Cat, but then cats ARE generally like that.

So, I looked up the significance and meaning of the Cheshire Cat:

"to smile or grin inscrutably"

"In Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, the Cheshire Cat, after flouting logic and good sense, fades slowly away, leaving behind a visible grin."

Okay, so it seems to me that Graham Cameron DELIGHTS in flouting logic and good sense in this deck, I wouldn't be surprised if it tickled him to have his blobby looking like the Cat. The Blob probably talks like the cat too, and fades away just the circus is packing up to go to another town. <g>

Little Baron

As you know, I am fascinated by this blob. Thanks for your insights Freesiaskye.

;)

galadrial

I see the coins sticking half way up to mean that their potential is beginning to be visibly realized, but that they are not ready for harvest yet. I think the mental boost of this card does not come from being able to pull up a coin (yet), but to be able keep opening the window to reassure yourself "Yes, things are coming along nicely!"

Melvis

Ooh...Galadrial, I like your insight on this card! Your ideas makes it less about Completion and more about Progress, which I like. :)

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

darwinia

Ryan Sees Much Winking

I leaped out of bed that Friday and opened my shutters to smell the green tops of carrots, and see the edges of seven gold coins winking at me in the garden I had tended for weeks. I thought they'd never grow! The air smelled wonderful and the sun was shining, and the sun looked very much like my friend Bundie's big head beaming up in the sky.

"Wow," I thought, "If every day was like this it wouldn't be so bad." The morning was cool so I wore my special sweater to work in the car, with a facsimile of one of my friend William's abstract paintings knitted in wool by another friend. I had not considered it before, but I had many gifts from friends that made me happy on days I was grumpy. Later, as I was walking to my desk at work, a girl winked at me, I don't think a girl had winked at me for years, it felt like that anyway. So I was smiling through my work in the morning and thinking how wonderful those carrots would taste for my dinner, and wondering if that girl liked science fiction movies, and I got to thinking about lunch and I decided that instead of eating soup and a sandwich in the cafeteria, I'd take an apple with me and go to Tom Tom's new garden centre and explore. It seemed like the kind of day for exploring.

When I left work at noon, the day was so bright after being inside all morning that my eyes hurt, and I could smell my delicious apple as I bit into the red flesh and see its colours changing in the startling sunlight and I felt glad that I had come outside for lunch. Tom Tom had a new decorative section in the Centre with "Polly's Painted Pots," and they had a special on, so that if you bought a pot that featured Tom Tom's picture, you would get a free toy. Boy, this was turning out to be a great day, and the toy they gave me was a brightly coloured wooden train. I never had a train when I was young, and for some reason, although I was a bit old for trains, this free gift pleased me and I grinned widely even though I had to go back to work.

I put that bright, new train right on the front of my desk as I settled in for my afternoon priorities, and about an hour later another woman passed my office and smiled and winked at me. Where had all these friendly women come from suddenly, it was always so boring at work and people were rude and rushed, and I was surprised to find myself giving her a wave with my pen in my hand and smiling back. Yeah, those carrots would be good with some mashed potatoes and maybe a cheese omelet for dinner.

When I turned into my driveway at home, I saw them, and they were higher than they were in the morning. Two sweet carrots, just enough for my dinner, and those twinkling coins. The soil looked rich and dark where I had faithfully weeded and watered for days, and I looked at my window and thought how nice it would be to have a window box of flowers there. And when I grabbed my toy train to take it inside, I thought I might like to paint a picture of that train on my window box so that the trailing petunias, lobelia, and nasturtiums would envelop it and pick up its bright colours. You know, I had seen a wooden planter box at Tom Tom's garden centre that would be just about the right length. Hey, tomorrow is Saturday, and I could go back tomorrow and get all the supplies I need for my bright, new window box!

I thought I'd tell you this, so that the next time you look at the sun you will see my friend Bundie's face and you and I will have the moment and know that, no matter what happens, it is good to be alive in a world where things can grow.

My Mom had a cushion in her parlour that she embroidered for herself, and I remembered that cushion just today. It had a long ago poem on it that went like this:

Duty
by Ellen S. Hooper

I slept and dreamed that life was Beauty:
I woke and found that life was Duty:
Was then thy dream a shadowy lie?
Toil on, sad heart, courageously,
And thou shalt find thy dream to be
A noonday light and truth to thee.

spoonbender

The Seven of Coins was my daily card for Wednesday.

I think this is a lovely card – just think: you open your shutters at the morning and see seven coins, like a treasure brought to light. You know, I have shutters on my bedroom window too – I can imagine what a surprise it must me! Ryan doesn’t look that surprised, though; I think deep down, he had the feeling this might happen!

Yaboot001 said:
This card is bright; it's brimming with colour in the central figures even if the landscape around them and behind them is a little unfertile and dull. [...] It does seem possitive though and I see an end to some of the unfertile and problem areas in my life.
I hadn’t noticed that yet, Yaboot – this must indeed be a very welcome surprise to Ryan!

I reckon the opening of the shutters is quite significant in this card – it’s like an opening up to the world and to your surroundings, letting your guard down, letting fresh air and sunlight enter. Ryan reminds me a bit of the Fool; haven trust. His clothing is white (purity, hope, innocence?) and green (growth, life?).

I also noticed that Ryan’s house is quite phallic – very apt, I think, because I think of the Seven of Coins as a card of growth and creation (and one of planting seeds).
Alternatively, the house also looks kind of like a mushroom, a symbol of growth, change and fertility. In the Bruegel Tarot, the proverb “Mushrooms can appear at any moment” is associated with the Ace of Wands, but I remembered it seeing this card.

Maan said:
Sometimes i feel like i'm looking for meanings, money, happiness and other things far away, while i should be like Ryan and just look closely to my own surroudings were i can find the same things..maybe even better.
I think that’s a wonderful interpretation, Maan, and I think that’s exactly what the Seven of Coins was trying to show me! I saw it as an invitation to appreciate what I have around me, to realize how fortunate I am. Sometimes all we need is right in front of us! Wednesday was a really nice day, and I enjoyed the holidays – a reward after the hard work for the exams.

darwinia said:
know that, no matter what happens, it is good to be alive in a world where things can grow.
Wonderfully put, Darwinia!

Spoonbender