Druidcraft Roundup! - study group discussion thread

TygrEyes

Druidcraft Roundup!

Hey Gang! I posted in the Tarot Decks forum wondering if anyone wanted to do a study of the Druidcraft & WolfSpirit expressed an interest in it. How many others would like to jump in? Although the symbolism follows the RWS it does have its own "accent". I actually think the DC symbolism makes more sense in some regards, i.e. The Magician being older than what you see in the RWS. A Magician would need experience to manifest his will. The RWS Magician, to me, just looks like a kid playing w/ someone else's tools. The DC Magician also looks like he's actually doing something as opposed to posing for a photo. I guess the study groups take a week for each card & go in order. Please post your thoughts on the subject! :eek:)

Sulis

Me, me, me.

I'm notoriously bad at keeping up with study groups but I'll post when I can.

I love this deck and I think that a study of it would be good. The book, although good doesn't really discuss any symbolism in the minors - it'll be good to see what others think about the symbolism used. I think this deck has used trees very symbollically which will be interesting to discuss :)

Do you want to start with the Majors, the Minors or the Courts?
Oh and maybe start a new card whenever someone feels like posting about it - I've found that it's waiting for a certain length of time before posting about a new card can cause study groups to go off the boil a bit.

Love

Sulis xx

Cerulean

I'd like to...follow the book with courts first?

That way, week one is the first card in the book, week two is the second card...it's just a suggestion. Lots of people love to study majors first, so that's fine by me.

Just as long as people keep talking about the deck.

Regards,

Cerulean

Majecot

Me too!!

But like Sulis.. I am not very good at keeping up.. crazy schedule and all ;)

I shall try my best tho. I agree with starting with the Courts. This way I may actualy make it to the Minors..hehe

Doncha just looooove this deck?

Fulgour

for sure

Princess of Wands
page 22

It's am omen... :)

TygrEyes

I think it makes sense to follow the sequence in the book to study the cards. I also agree w/ Sulis about anyone being able to start a post for the next card when they feel ready. I think that way it will keep the momentum going. I can see how people might lose interest if we covered a card & were ready to move on, but waited just to stick to a schedule. They might get distracted w/ other things while waiting. So hopefully keeping it "looser" will keep the flow going better. Another issue I've seen is some people are waiting to get their decks until it's released in America. Do you wait for the American release or go ahead fairly soon? How has that been handled in the past? SongDeva said Amazon claims to be sending it in December '04, but when I pre-ordered my 2nd deck yesterday it said the delivery would be the end of Jan. '05. So who knows? Since the Holiday season is just around the corner & there's shopping, parties & all that end of year craziness, do you all think we should wait until the beginning of '05 anyway? I'm just tickled other people want to study the deck together as well! :eek:)

Moonbow

Yep, I think I will join in with this too.

I may only post occassionally though, but I will do my best to keep up :)

Sulis

TygrEyes said:
Another issue I've seen is some people are waiting to get their decks until it's released in America. Do you wait for the American release or go ahead fairly soon? How has that been handled in the past?

Hmm, it's a tricky one this isn't it? Does anyone who has the deck have a scanner then we could start to study and everyone could see the cards. On the other hand though do the people who are waiting want to see the card images or would you prefer to wait until you've got your decks in your hot little hands? :)

Love

Sulis xx

Moonbow

I can scan the pics if you like, unless like Sulis says, people want to wait until they have their own decks.

Majecot

waves... I have mine ;)