Gaian - Elder of Air

LizA

Whilst daydreaming is important so is schooling and learning. The revelation (clouds) and ability to find solutions appears once all the fog had cleared, but exercise fairness in decision making and less rashness. Problems which refuse to be solved may just simply solve themselves. The card can also refer to an Aquarius person.

I would be interested in hearing what others have to say, I did struggle a little with this card.

ncefafn

I know it's so wrong, but every time I see this card, I think of David Carradine in Kill Bill, Vol. 2.

On a more serious note, this card feels to me like being at peace with your thoughts, not letting your emotions run wild, and gaining control of the "monkey mind."

LizA

Excellent interpretation! Funnily I agree about the David Carradine, now that you mention it.

weaver

ncefafn said:
On a more serious note, this card feels to me like being at peace with your thoughts, not letting your emotions run wild, and gaining control of the "monkey mind."
I agree! In looking at this Elder, I see an individual comfortable in his own skin and at peace with himself and his environment. His softened with age, well worn clothing underscore the sense of calm I feel when viewing/entering this card. The earth upon which this Elder stands has no contours. No "bumps". His long hair and lime green shirt, which matches the luminous color of the magnificent luna moth, suggests to me that this Elder is an independent thinker.

This isn't just an idyllic, pretty picture, though. After all, the clouds look as though the weather could become threatening. Playing his hand honed flute made of cedar, a wood native to his region, our Elder of Air knows the means by which to maintain clarity of thought and maintain a calm mind and heart, regardless of whatever might come his way. Through years of playing, he has well mastered his chosen instrument and effectively employs the healing power of music.

And the luna moth? I am struck by the distinctive "eyespots" on its wings. In addition to carrying messages from ancestors as indicated in the companion book, might the luna moth, flying high at the upper most corner of the card, suggest the importance of positioning oneself optimally in order to view the inevitable challenges that confront us with the greatest perspective possible?

LizA

Thanks weaver for your interpretation - it has helped me tremendously.

Grizabella

Up where my roots are, up the McKenzie River, there's a man who makes some beautiful cedar flutes. Native American flute music is so very calming and spiritual. I've been on camping trips in Arizona and listening to a flute echoing out over the dessert and bouncing off the cliffs is a deeply spiritual experience.