Crystal Study Group: Citrine

stonesatiety

Thanks Henry. Heated amethyst "citrine" would be a lot different than natural citrine in a shere! Did you ever get a natural citrine sphere? Glad you revived the thread. I was going to after Lotus P reminded me of it with a link, but I became sidetracked.

214red: I placed a big citrine crystal in my money corner. Thanks!

Citrine is one of my favorite stones. The largest crystal I have is citrine with a touch of smoky. Lotus, you mentioned how a citrine ring helped your sinuses clear. I have a citrine crystal, natural other than one polished face on the termination, that has been working with me for years in that way. However, I was surprised at how it guided me to place it the first time, still the optimal place for this kind of work. For me anyway.

I was seriously ill with one of those total body colds, unable to sleep due to coughing, and exhausted due to lack of sleep. I felt the crystal offer, so I picked it up, sat on the couch and placed it angled with the outward end slightly down from horizontal, self-healed bottom (meaning lots of sharp points if you look closely) resting on my sacral area--but that just our term and not exactly, I placed it purely by trusting where the crystal guided me. How odd, I thought, with the majority of my discomfort in my throat and head.

Immediately I felt better and stopped coughing. Amazing. Well beyond any "maybe it helped, maybe it didn't" type speculation. As always, I tested it, and sure enough, I started coughing the minute I pulled the crystal away from me. I was spellbound, but exhausted. I sat cross-legged on the couch, holding the crystal in that position, and woke up hours later with my chin on my chest, stone still held in the same place. No coughing all that time. The cold was almost gone!!! I was flabbergasted and laughed, thanking the stone. Stones tend toward modesty.

I tried moving the stone up where I hurt, my throat and head, which caused a long, painful coughing spell. Ouch! Evidentally, this cold wanted to leave out my head without direct pressure in that area. The citrine crystal knew exactly what to do, but supported my testing and checking my perception, as friends do. I sat there cross-legged sleeping, waking now and then most of the day. Then I got up and started drumming. I felt great. How incredible.

As we humans often do, I overdid it and got sick again, but I went back to working with the stone and no problem. We went deep that time and I learned/remembered a lot about healing a cold. I have worked with that same crystal whenever I have a cold of any degree to this day. It's incredible. I highly recommend working with citrine when you don't feel good.

Thanks Lotus Padma for the opening.

DownwardSpiral

Hi Henry : )

The purpose of the crystal study threads was to have a place where we (all) can share our knowledge/experiences of the crystal for that particular thread. So you are more than welcome to add to any of the already existing threads......and you can also start a new study thread for any crystals that don't as of yet have their own thread. Just send Hemera a PM to let her know you've started a new thread and she will add it to the list : ) And this goes for anyone interested in starting a new study : )

I think it's sad that people pass stuff off as being real/genuine knowing it's fake. A few of the people in this forum know their stuff...but for me and I'm sure most people...if I order "whatever" crystal then I can only assume the crystal I receive is what it's supposed to be.

I know this thread is a bit old but here it goes.

Not sure if you know this already but A LOT of citrine is fake/not natural. I learned this the hard way as I bought a small sphere on ebay and thought it looked strange.

Real natural citrine is not a orange color, almost a clear yellow white color. I also have a natural citrine sphere that is a bright yellow that is beautiful.

Here is a great video on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRdvwomAnpY

Henry_

Yep, I eventually got a natural citrine sphere. I love natural citrine too!

I have a sphere and large point. The large point cost me $100.00 but it was worth it. My natural citrine point is more white than yellow, I hope its real.

I'm a huge gemstone fan and will pm Hemera if I ever have an idea for a study. Actually I do have one. A thread on gemstones for dreams. I have ulexite behind my bed and for the past 2 weeks I have had vivid dreams almost every night.

stonesatiety

Have you dreamed with your citrine sphere? I have yet to meet a stone who didn't enjoy dreaming with me, although some lean more toward dream work, others waking life, etc. I'll watch for the dream thread.

Your citrine point could be a bi-color white quartz/citrine. I really like white quartz crystals too. As a disclaimer, I have yet to meet a stone being I didn't like. :) Hard to say without seeing your crystal, but I have crystals of two or more quartz types. One is white quartz at the termination, citrine in the middle and smoky on bottom, for example. Another is dark smoky quartz with a white quartz plate in parallel.

stonesatiety

Lately I've been carrying a pocket-sized, light citrine elestial scepter to work. I've been doing some deep clearing work at home, both awake and asleep. Also, I'm doing an intense workout program called Insanity--only possible due to years of healing work. This citrine helps me clear and balance, while flowing external energy encountered at work and other places in and out of my presence effortlessly. Another benefit is help keeping my nasal passages and sinuses clear. I'm healing something in that area, which creates discomfort and congestion. Citrine smooths the process for me.

A scepter crystal has a base crystal on which a larger cap or "head" grows. Scepters tend to be quite powerful for their size. This crystal has etching on its sides and faces, what look like flames in relief on one face, and tiny barnacle crystals on the stem. Barnacle crystals are smaller crystals attracted and attached to a larger one. Rainbows flash from within this crystal as well, a pretty surprise from its clear, light yellow body!

My current experience with this stone is uneventful and calm, which leaves more energy for healing and exercising. (I find exercise helpful for shaking loose discordant holds.) That's my point here, the supportive background assistance by stones.

DownwardSpiral

I'm a huge gemstone fan and will pm Hemera if I ever have an idea for a study. Actually I do have one. A thread on gemstones for dreams. I have ulexite behind my bed and for the past 2 weeks I have had vivid dreams almost every night.

I think you should do this : ) My dreams are sadly anything but vivid. I do have both citrine and ulexite. LOL I may need a whole "crew"of crystals to dream vividly....and then actually remember the dream.

jolie_amethyst

Digging this one back up as I've only recently started picking up bits of citrine myself.

The first three pieces I bought were before I knew that most citrine is heat treated amethyst, and the online seller naturally claimed they weren't. (I suspect willful ignorance in this case--the same woman claims that there's no way to insure packages she's shipping, and refuses to listen to facts or read links showing she's wrong on that score. Not buying there again!) Anyway, these two tumblestones and a bit of druzy all have the characteristic burnt orange look to them and are all out of Brazil--not too hard to connect the dots there when you know what to look for.

What was weird was that even before I really knew about any of this, those stones felt a little repugnant to me. Because I don't tend to really sense much from crystals, I chalked that up to their color...I'm seriously NOT fond of orange. Or most yellows, for that matter. A much lighter yellow type of citrine from the same order drew me in a lot more, but still felt a bit off, and I thought if it wasn't the color, it was probably the bad experience with that seller. Given that heat treating at lower temps/shorter times can produce lighter colors, this one may still be converted amethyst--it's internally crackled in a way that makes me think it too has been cooked.

After a lot of hunting, and more money than I really wanted to spend, I finally got a hold of some smoky citrines out of the African Congo region. These look very different from the obviously heat treated amethyst in every way, but what's interesting is that unlike the orange ones, I have trouble keeping my hands off them! I want them around constantly, want to wear or carry them, want to pair them up with other crystals in amulets and grids and heck, in bowls around the house. I want more of them than I can afford! I have a similar reaction with smoky quartzes from the same region that again aren't blatantly cooked or irradiated (no guarantees, of course, but they're all from sellers I trust more than that ditz I dealt with first.)

This behavior has me wondering, because I'm also seeing it just with pictures of stones online--obviously treated stones seem almost dead to me, less obvious ones may or may not be attractive, ones I am drawn to like a magnet, I'll click through and find they came out of the Congo. Like I said, I've never been particularly sensitive to stones in the way many here are; I can sometimes see their effects, but mostly any reaction around them is too subtle to notice. Up until now, I rarely bought 2 of the same stone even, so this compulsion to buy up tons of smokies and citrines from one particular region is a little odd. Is it just me, or do others find themselves attuning to some very specific sub-group of a favorite stone?

Meanwhile, I "planted" a silver dollar into a pile of these citrines that I'd set on a bed of quartz chips, and I told the whole bunch to start bringing in some cash if they want more stone friends to join them. Now I just need to find a nice smoky citrine pendant for everyday wear... :joke:

Padma

if you have such a predilection for a specific stone, it is because it is eager to work with you :) and because you obviously need it! Stones tend to choose us, and not the other way around, so I would just go with it, and enjoy! Citrine has a lovely energy, regardless of its format. The heat treated ones are just as potent, only in slightly different ways...try the Book of Stones from R. Simmons, or the crystal bible from Cassandra Eason for meanings of stones. Here is an example about citrine from R. Simmons book. http://www.metaguides.net/pbos097.jpg I should have thought untreated would lean more towards creativity and well-being, and heat treated towards accumulation of material riches...

Meanwhile, here are some pics of my untreated citrine. I expect the obelisk on the far right is closest to what you are describing :)

Attachments

• citrine (640x640).jpg
    citrine (640x640).jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 359

suk

I got a few pieces of citrine myself recently, including a small cluster for my altar. When I picked them up in the store they seemed to send an electric pulse into my palm. It's a strong crystal for sure.

In regard to Citrine in general - I always wake up all stuffed up, but yeserday I held the Citrine ring over my nasal passages, and the stuffies went away. Then this morning, I woke up totally clear :) no more stuffed nose. So it works really well to keep the sinuses clear! As breathing is life, and so important in yoga and meditation, I think it is an important stone to wear for this reason alone! It is also said to help with metabolism, and meant to be a good diet stone - one can only hope,I need to knock off a few pounds ;p lol!

It's funny you should say this, because that's actually what I wanted to talk about. I had a small citrine on me all day yesterday while studying, and it energised me to an extent that's uncommon in my experience. I'm the sort of person who doesn't normally exercise a lot, beyond long walks and things like that. Not that I'm out of shape, but I prefer slower, gentle exercise, often tending towards none at all for long stretches of time.

Yesterday, whew! I felt it was kicking my butt trying to get me moving. I couldn't at the time, so it ended up stressing me out a bit. But it was a curious feeling, as though it was forcibly moving energy inside me. It wasn't exactly unpleasant, but it could get that way if I had it on me all the time maybe.

I also had the experience of cleared sinuses/throat with it. Placing it on my throat felt very nice. Again, it sounds strange but it kind of feels like it just gets stuff moving inside you. Like a vibrating, buzzing kind of energy that affects everything it touches.

A very cool little gem! I'm attaching pictures of my citrine army.

Attachments

• 20160821_085541_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20160821_085541_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 344

Redfaery

I love citrines, real or not. Humans have been heat treating quartz for centuries, so I'm not particularly bothered by the idea that a stone may be "fake"...unless the seller insists otherwise to my face with a price tag to (not) match.

I actually have a big yellow satin and organza bag filled with citrines. All of them are the heat treated kind and all of them have a lovely cheery energy. In fact, one of them was my favorite for my solar plexus. It ended up shattering!!! Poor little guy's a real trooper. I just keep him in the bag with his lost pieces.