Maroon TSG - The Empress (Cesarzowa)

Gayla

The Card: http://www.kartytarota.pl/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=36&page=view&catid=1&PageNo=1&key=3&hit=1

The Empress stands on a balcony high above the mountain tops. There is a warm, gold fog around the mountains and the wind seems to be blowing slightly. The background has a warm glow, but I get a bit of a cold, chilly feeling when I look at this card. I find this strange because the Empress normally gives me a feeling of warmth. Perhaps it is the lack of nature and vegetation in the card. Perhaps it is the glowing whiteness of her dress combined with the white banister of the balcony which radiates the cooling effect.

White is a color used to signify cleanliness, purity or softness and fits the Empress well because she is the essence of all three....but, to me, the way she is standing and the looks on her face tells me she is lonely.

A woman of greater power, but trapped on her balcony of life by her role and responsibilities.

The energy from this card seems to radiate from the small, almost insignificant glow of her crown and turqoise colored earings.

Perhaps this card is a bit too personal for me because I identify with it so much. I can only wonder what she is thinking and in a reading, I would probably ask the Seeker that question. As the Empress, mother of all, what do you think she might be thinking about?

And, what is the real significance of the balcony?

silverwings94

I too see her looking out and in deep thought.To me it looks like early morning and she has just risen and is looking out. Pondering what she should do or reflecting on the day before.The birds in the background are circling. Could they be birds of prey and are trying to locate the deceased from the card before where there was destruction?
Silverwings94