~the Deck Of Shadows~

lunakasha

bodhran said:
I got the deck today!:D The cardstock is thinnish, with a lovely linen finish; they shuffle like a dream. The cards are a small size, approximately 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches. Some of the paintings used are: Dante and Virgil in Hell, Lady Godiva, The Death of Cleopatra, Springtime, Lilith, and Sir Galahad. I love the choices of pictures, but wish they were larger. There is a large border with one main keyword and three smaller keywords. The paintings are only 1 1/4 by 1 3/4 inches - almost too small to appreciate, although they are lovely. I like the black and white color scheme, but would love to see these in a sepia tone if there were to be a second edition. The LWB is larger than the box, so it was outside the deck in a black organza bag. Each card is associated with a playing card, and also has a symbol associated with it. For instance, the "Underdog" card that features the painting of Lady Godiva (Collier) is paired with the Seven of Clubs with the symbol of a broken wheel. I've only done one reading with the cards so far, but the meaning wasn't very clear. I think these cards will take some time for me to get familiar with, and then the readings may make more sense to me.

Thanks for sharing your initial impressions, bodhran. :heart:

They sound like very pretty cards, but it is a shame that the images are so small. I tried checking the website again, and I only got a glimpse of the artwork on two cards, but it was hard to make out much detail on them.

I hope you will enjoy getting to know them, and maybe give us an update after a few more readings???

Thanks again~
:D Luna

blackroseivy

!!

I was kinda hooked until I saw how small they are (no wonder that small price)!

However - I MAY still be tempted... ;)

SGrossberg

Thanks, all, for your thoughtful comments. Just a quick note regarding size. A careful decision was made to make the cards the same size and quality as a regular Poker deck of cards. From a shuffling and handling standpoint, I and the sitters who use them find them easier to mix than a standard Tarot sized deck. I think you will find the size also convenient for traveling and finding cases in which to carry the deck.

All my best. - Scott

ravenwynter

mines on its way .. i can't wait :)

DrTodd

Deck of Shadows

These are indeed very nice with so many possibilities. There are main words and three related key words, as well as associated symbols (my favourite part),and in true Le Normand style, subtle playing card symbols as well.

I like the small size for portability and handling..

This is a good investment.

Dr T

Soothsayer

This looks like a very nice oracle deck. I love the fact that it is printed in black-and-white and the portable size is great. However, I would have preferred slightly thinner borders and smaller text in favour of larger images. Despite this, I am tempted to order a deck for my collection. Well done to Scott and all concerned; it looks like you're onto a winner with this deck.

Scott, will this deck be made available to UK stockists soon? If so, do you have a timescale? Thanks.

AJ

thank you for the sample images.

I don't think there is any such thing as a standard tarot deck size :)

Aerin

Soothsayer said:
Scott, will this deck be made available to UK stockists soon? If so, do you have a timescale? Thanks.

You can buy it with the international shippping option via the website, using PayPal. It SHOULD come in below the customs level, as long as shipping isn't counted in the price of the deck when filling out the customs form. (Which it shouldn't be.)

SGrossberg

Soothsayer - There is no present plan to provide the deck to retailers in the UK. That might happen in the future. As Aerin pointed out, you can obtain the deck through my link, below, for shipment internationally. Shipping is not included in the stated value.

All my best. - Scott