The Tea Leaf Fortune Cards

lunakasha

doreen

Thanks
I am on to it
Doreen

lunakasha

AJ said:
I would HIGHLY recommend the Intuitive Oracle reading circle that runs every 3 or 4 weeks here. It makes you read intuitively and you will see reflected growth in all areas of divination. If I hadn't done that for a while I'd never have gotten around to using my Oracles. They (oracles & circles) are a lot of fun because there aren't any rules, and people won't look over your shoulder and second guess you because you didn't parrot keywords :)

AJ~ I just found your post....almost missed it, LOL! :eek:

Yes....that sounds like exactly what I need right now....some fun with oracle reading, with no rules and no "parroting".....I am IN!
(or will be soon, when my new oracle decks have arrived).

Thanks for the invite AJ!

:) Luna

lunakasha

They are HERE!!!! :love: :love: :love: (my precioussssses)

I have been going through all the cards, slowly savoring each little picture!

As far as I can tell anyway, I have the complete set of 200 round cards (they were in shrinkwrap and I did not notice any duplicates, which I always check immediately when I open a new deck).

I am so excited to try a reading with these....and I can understand why people love them so much.
They seem like they will provide VERY specific answers, which can be difficult at times with tarot.

More later....I am off to read the book now! :D

lunakasha

First impressions....

OK...so last night I did my first reading with the TEA LEAF cards....such fun! :D

I read through the book and followed the author's advice by starting out with a "Coming Year" reading. She recommends this rather large, extensive spread because all the shuffling allows for your energies to be absorbed into the deck, and from that point forward, your readings will be more accurate. Sounds good to me! I figured it was a great way for me to "break in" the deck and try it out.

So the Coming Year spread involves laying out all 12 Month cards, clockwise, starting with the current month (August) in the 1 o'clock position. Each month represents approximately 30 days, so the August position starts with 8/18 (starts on the day after the reading date) and ends 9/17. September represents 9/18 through 10/17 and so on.

The fortune, or "picture" cards are shuffled and laid out in the same order, face down on top of the month card.
After laying out the first "set" of twelve cards, I shuffled again and dealt the next "set" on top of the others. This was repeated until there were four cards for each month.

I did want to mention briefly that I was surprised at how easy these cards are to shuffle! Although they are round, and combine to make a very thick deck, I simply divided them into two piles and shuffled half at a time, then cut both stacks and combined them again for more shuffling....worked like a charm!

Now....48 cards does sound pretty intimidating, and it certainly would be if this were a tarot reading! But with the Tea Leaf cards, the process is a bit different, and it was more like doing 12 mini-readings, one for each month of the coming year.

The author gives plenty of information and suggestions in the book about how best to read the cards, and some detailed information on each of the 182 fortune cards. Basically, the idea is to connect the four cards in whatever way makes sense, and read them together as the fortune or advice for that period of time. It was fun, and some cards are more challenging to connect than others. I really enjoyed the process of reading again with a non-tarot deck....there is so much freedom in figuring out the meanings because I am not limited by any set structure or rules.

I made sure that I journaled not only the cards chosen, but also my interpretation. And I chose not to consult the book for individual card meanings....I just went with the pictures (so sweet!) and words on the cards, and my gut feeling on how to connect them.

So that is my take on the Tea Leaf Fortune Cards....and I have to say that they honestly have exceeded my expectations, which is impressive since I tend to set the bar pretty high. :p

I look forward to offering readings here in the near future, as soon as I have some more time playing with them....so keep an eye on the Oracle Readings forum over the next few days.

Phoenix Rising

I have just ordered these cards from Amazon, will likely receive in a few weeks time. I am looking forward to reading with them.

As this is an old thread I would like to hear from others who's had them how they've found them and if you wouldnt mind posting some sample readings with them. There isn't alot about these cards on the forum.

Phoenix

celticnoodle

PR, I do not have these cards, but I am interested in how they work for you. so, please, if no-one does post here to your question, I hope you will still post here about them.

I've tried to do tea leaf readings, but am not very good with it. The main thing that came from it is that I no longer can stand tea bags, and prefer the loose tea! :laugh: so, it has improved my tastes in tea--but not in reading the tea leaves! ;) Maybe the cards would be easier for me!

silverwings94

PR,
I just ordered them from Borders. I should get them in about a week. Please keep posting here on how you do with them. I have wanted to get them for so long and when I saw your post I decided to go ahead and order them. I will let you know when I get them.
:love:
S

Phoenix Rising

Link

I found this link Tea leaf fortune cards which has all the meanings of each of the cards. I quite like the fortune telling style and the people cards eg Dark man/woman, fair man, elder man/woman younger man/woman as this makes it easier to distinguish a person.

I will definitely offer readings with these once I get them. It shouldn't be too hard to put them together. Will also post daily readings with them. They certainly vary in prices, I got mine through Amazon but from a seller International books for $43. It is probably still expensive, but there are 200 cards and a book so I think when you compare it to other decks (36-78 cards) it isn't really that expensive.

Phoenix

Sammie

Hi Phoenix,

You will love your new Tea Leaf Fortune Cards! They are so easy to read; plus, they are cute and fun to use.

I think you already saw the reading I did with them on my blog. It was very accurate.