Tarot Shadow Work--Study Group?

jema

clearing things up

i think Jette in the article also tells us to use only the majors in the star-pread.
but how we, if we want more information, can use the minors in the way she describes.
just thought i would clearify that.
so the article is really not about using the whole deck in a spread.

i haven't done the spread yet. i somehow dread it. right now at this time in my life the air feels thick with shadows and i need some time to gather my wits about me before i look them in the eye.
next weekend sounds like a time as good as any:)

Rhiannon

Question

I was wondering if all of you have read the book cover to cover before beginning your shadow work?

Now, it could just be me that does this... but going on after the first Star would sort of mean that I raised my expectations and gave myself some preconceived notions. I would be looking forward to something else instead of concentrating on what is in front of me, you know? I was wondering if anyone else felt this way? I'm thinking that maybe I should do the first Star and the journaling associated with it before moving into the next chapter and next exercise.

Is there a good reason for me not to do this? Should I read the entire book first?

Thanks!
R :)

SherryZoned

Personally I would rather not read thru the whole book..because I would get pre concieved notions..Just seems it should be read as you are doing it..

Yogi Cat

Just to say my book has arrived at long last - it arrived but I haven't looked at it yet. I will read the first chapter tonight then I will know what the star spread is etc.

Jewel

Re: Question

Rhiannon said:
I was wondering if all of you have read the book cover to cover before beginning your shadow work?

Hi Rhiannon! I originally planned on doing the exercises as I read the book like you are doing, but due to my time constraints I have found myself reading the entire book first. I do not feel like it is giving me preconceived notions, just helping me understand the process I plan to go through. My expectations are no different now than when I read chapter 1 (I just finished chapter 5 last night), if nothing else it is motivating me to really get started on this. I think that the work will be just as effective either way you choose to do it. If your intuition is telling you to do the spread first before reading the rest of the book then follow your intuition. Mine told me to read through so that I would remove any skepticism I had in regards to what was expected of me in order to successfully complete the work.

Yogi Cat

Just to say I read the first two chapters last night - really enjoying this book - I thought I would go back over chapter 2 and do the meditations before moving on - where do we have to be by Saturday - can someone post back on this please.

SherryZoned

I am hoping to have the first spread done by saturday so I can post..i know people will differ..whatever you feel comfortable with..

Tor

Finally!

I got my book today. Will start to read soon. Hope I'll catch up with you guys!

I read the first page and it sounds fascinating!

SherryZoned

its ok Balder..I have been sick so you will catch up in no time! Tarot and being sick does not mesh well..

Rhiannon

Are we all going to post our results from the Star of Discovery... or is this too personal for some of us? Just wondering where we're going next....

R :)