Mary-el Tarot

GregGuy814

Hey, Marie, I actually e-mailed you yesterday about the cards...

Anyway, can somebody please post a link to the painting of the scrapped heirophant? I just can't get enough of you're artwork Marie! It's amazing.

krysia322

<snoopy dance>
My cards are coming, my cards are coming! Hooray!
:D

Xarokys

They have arrived!

Yea, they arrived last Thursday just as Marie thought they would.
They are fantastic! I love the bag too. I unfortunately caught a flu bug the same day they came so I wasn't able to really get into them until Monday.

But I'm feeling fine now and having a great time getting to know my Mary-el.

Thanks Marie!

Becky

krysia322

*eagerly opens mailbox and peers within... lower lip sticks out, shoulders slump, dejectedly walks back to house*

Sigh... It's like waiting for the birth of a child. LOL! :)

krysia322

<snoopy dance! snoopy dance!>
They're HERE! YAY!!! Mary-El #128 is HERE! :D

(And they arrived ---lol--- right after I made the above post.)

Marie, where did you find those gorgeous silk bags? I love it.

The deck is everything I knew it would be... but I am nervous on shuffling them; I'm an aggressive shuffler, LOL. I'm thinking I'll have to come up with a different way of shuffling this deck rather than my usual shuffle-bridge way. Maybe side-shuffle... Or maybe do a lot of palm-over-the-deck-feel-the-heat-choose-that-card. LOL

GORGEOUS!!!! *squeals like a little girl* THANK YOU, MARIE! :D :D

<snoopy dance! snoopy dance!>

krysia322

Marie,

What are your plans for the original paintings of the cards? Do you plan on showing them in a gallery, or selling them? Or do you plan to keep them?

Marie

Hi,

I am glad they came in! When you said they hadn't arrived I was holding my breath a bit, hoping they didn't get lost in the mail.

I am so happy you like them!

And Becky, sorry to hear you got the flu, we all made the rounds with one over here recently too. Happy you liked them as well!

Krysia asked:
<<What are your plans for the original paintings of the cards? Do you plan on showing them in a gallery, or selling them? Or do you plan to keep them?>>

What I have been planning on doing with them was hopefully to show them in galleries for a time, maybe take them to some of the tarot conferences and such and then to sell them. I am starting to reconsider though, I wonder if it would be a bad idea to break them up in case they ever need to be re-scanned or photographed? Maybe a better idea would be to keep them together in a safe place, put them on ice.
I don't know. I suppose it is something I should discuss with any potential publisher and will be affected by who owns what rights.

I can see why they might need to be rephotographed one day. I was looking over some of the older originals yesterday as I was packing them up for LATS when I realized the colors on my scans were quite a bit different for some of the cards. I tried to match them as closely as possible when I first scanned them, but over time a little tweak here, a little tweak there, changes in computer software and hardware, and the image shifts. Who knows what new technology will be coming in the future which can make better images from the originals?

Of course this all assumes anyone will be interested in subsequent printings one day LOL.

Too much info???

Vita Dolce,
Marie

TygrEyes

Hi Gang!
I'm SO jealous of those of you who have the Mary-El. I was wondering if any of you know if Marie is having trouble w/ the order form or her e-mail. I filled out the order form on 9/24/03 & haven't heard anything. How long did it take for any/all of you to hear back? I know from her journal she was at LATS so that would be part of the delay. I just don't want to miss out on such a fascinating deck (well, the Majors & Aces). I've been lurking for over a year, b/c by the time I've read all your opinions on decks I realize I've spent WAY too much time online. I've learned a lot that way, but this was something I couldn't figure out in that manner. :eek:) Maybe Marie will see this herself. :eek:)
Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this!

~ TygrEyes

p.s. Do you think I should re-submit my order?

truthsayer

i'd send her an email since you've already sent in the form. i emailed her instead of sending the order form and she answered me back.

Marie

Tyger, you have a PM:)

I got Tyger's order but there was a period of time, around when everyone was getting attacked by that virus, that I know orders weren't getting through. If anyone else sent in an order but hasn't heard from me don't hesitate to let me know!

Also, I Show that I am caught up with everyone who has ordered a deck but there are some people I have not been able to reach to tell them their deck is ready. If you have been waiting but haven't heard from me, drop me an email, your deck is most likely done.

Thanks! You guys have been beyond great!

vita dolce,

Marie