Anyone met the Spiritual Tarot

gregory

Has anyone come across this deck ?

What's it like ? what does anyone think ??

Spiritual tarot by Marie-Claire Wilson

This is where I saw it.... - I'd read about it somewhere, and googled away till....

Attachments

• dec 28d.jpg
    dec 28d.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 92
  • norse temperance.jpg
    norse temperance.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 80
  • dec28e.jpg
    dec28e.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 90

Asher

I have it...

and I think it's been out of the box once or twice in the 8 or so years since I bought it. It's Majors only, many of which are re-named -- they are, in order:

The Fool
The Apprentice
The Priestess
Venus
Universal Law
The Initiate
Labyrinth
The Chariot of Victory
Justice
The Alchemist
Destiny
Power
The Hanged Man
Death
Temperance
The Tower of Babel
The Star
The Moon
The Sun
The Dream
Eternity

The artwork is rather dull and uninspired. The cards measure 3 1/2 by 5 1/2 inches, and the image is centered on the card. A Roman numeral, the title and a brief phrase are printed above the image, and 3 keyword phrases are printed under the image (which is 3 x 3 inches). The cards are nicely laminated, but have those annoying nubs on the edges, as if they were punched out of a larger sheet.

My LWB (a total of 9 pages) is printed in English, Greek and French. With that brevity, there's not much there. A full-length book was also available for the deck, but I do not have it. My deck is copyright 1993.

Asher

gregory

So I think maybe I don't want it ??? LOL Nothing specially WORTH having about it ? (though I think it comes with the book, where I saw it....) Is it at all interesting ?

Kiama

I have this deck, and to be honest find it a bit ugly and boring. The imagery is interesting in places, but if you're looking for a 'different' deck that has a unique take on Tarot imagery there are far better decks out there for that.

It seems to have a Greek feel, but I have not got the book for it. I can only assume (and hope for the deck's sake) that there is some cool and mystical link to the Eleusinian mysteries or some other Greek cult.

Kiama