Hallow's Eve & your trick or treat...

Cerulean

It's almost time, after Autumn Equinox and oh-so-soon, near to Halloween...

What's your tarot trick and what your treat for your goody bag? Glamorous, ghostly, gothic, garish, good fun or glum?

I'm not certain why yet, but I found a tarot that touches most of my September-October tastes for glorious fall color and yearning for something reflective and haunting...and I'm sampling it now.

Tell me your tricks-or-treats!

Cerulean

Moonbow

.... and?.... what is it Cerulean? Don't keep us in suspense!

My treat is the Angel Tarot (the Marseille one). :)

(also, I have vols. 1 and 2 of the Enclyclopedia of Tarot on their way)..... but I'm not counting them.

As for the trick..... umm.. maybe that will be on me?!?

Darla

Ah Halloween, Samhain, All Hallows Eve... My absolute favourite time of the year! I'm thinking about ordering the Halloween Tarot as a treat for me. Can you believe I have never gotten it so far??? As for tricks, we'll just have to see about that but I'm sure something will come up.

Cerulean, now you have gotten us all curious! Not fair! ;)

OakDragon

Trick AND Treat

I've been having a yen for Madame Endora's Fortune Cards lately. I'd been hoping to find them in a store, but no luck so far. I may just have to order them online. Seems like this is the right time of year for it. It seems like a very Halloween-ish deck.

RichardDirt

I am trying to limit myself to buying one tarot deck a month, and I might add it's very hard, but I think my October purchase will be the Halloween Tarot.

Or Tarot of the Dead might be a good one! Maybe I should try to buy no more than two a month.

Kissa

an old dream of mine coming true maybe next week: the big cards of the first german edition of the Haindl Tarot.

was stupid enough to trade my copy and it's been haunting me (pun intended) for quite a few years now.

kissa

ps: this halloween tarot has been off and on my wishlist forever. it would kind of complete my kipling west collection... the only 78 card-deck by west btw. gotta get it. Cerulean, you're evil })

Shade

It's my favorite holiday as well. Every year for the month of October I use the Halloween tarot as my main reading deck. I also make an effort to do lots of free readings for all of my friends.

I'm reading at a Goddess Night celebration at a metaphysical bookstore in my area on the 19th and I'm thinking of spooky-ing up my reading space.

Also, I am intrigued by the reading Rachel Pollack does on Samhain in her Forest of Souls where she basically asks about the creation of the universe... and then offers tips on how to personalize it for your own life. Usually for readings I do on Samhain itself I use the Barbara Walker but I think I'll test drive the cosmic tribe for that one as it seems a little more appropriate for the topic.

bleuivy

Ohh, fun thread!

As a Halloween treat to myself I ordered the Halloween Tarot. I can't wait to do readings with it and eat candy corn at the same time!

Now I'm thinking I want to get a trick deck (which I think of as a bit darker, with a bit of an edge to it). Hmmm...Fantastical springs to mind. It's been on and off my wish list for months. Maybe it's time to take the plunge?

Bean Feasa

Like many others my 'treat' deck will be the Hallowe'en, which I haven't pulled out for quite a while now - it's a lovely deck, clear and sometimes funny, but quite hardhitting too.
My 'trick' deck might well be the Archaeon - it's got that slightly dark edge, and it's a bit of an unknown quantity to me, so far.