Who and What Is On Your Tropical Island ?

divinerguy

Okay, you're stranded on a tropical island. A magic genie appears and makes the following proposal, you can have any five people on the island with you, and you can have only one Tarot deck.

The genie says if you pick your spouse or current partner, it will make them disappear forever. The people you pick should be well known.

Which deck would it be and why?

What people would it be and why?

Cerulean

NOT our spouse? YEEKS! Let me think...

...because if you are saying we are stranded without our spouse, forever, I'll make certain the genie is stranded in a tiny bottle forever, without any hope of redemption. I can make certain of that, even if I have to live ten thousand lives.

But if it's a short time...I'm still thinking. I'm strapping Dante's Divine Comedy and Dante Gabriel Rosetti's New Life in my waterproof chest and frantically searching my mind for the best tarot...
----------------------------------------------
Answer Number 1

1. Well, if the FairyTale Tarot is all that I hope, it might be that one...but I suspect that you are talking of existing tarots instead, I'll try to be practical...
-----------------------------------------------
Answer Number 2

2. One of the Leonardo Da Vinci Tarots--perhaps the one with the flying machine and I would have Leonardo Da Vinci help us try to get us off that darn island, REALLY fast...there's a television character from a long ago show called McGyver and he could make anything out of anything...then I'd have one of the Iron Chefs from the Japanese cooking show who could make delicious food out of raw nothings...and if the Wright Brothers are needed to help Da Vinci, then that's what I want.
-----------------------------------------------
Answer Number 3

3. If none of the above are available, I'll try to live in the moment with the Ananda. Leonardo, the Wright Brothers, Iron Chef and a Spiritual Master instead of MyGyver...If the tropical island is a tropical paradise...

Answer Number 4

4. I'd have the Eden Tarot to blend in with the natives. Maybe Margaret Mead, A Spiritual Master, A Kayaking Maven, Jacques Cousteau and again, an Iron Chef...

By the way, what's your choices, as well?

Cerulean

divinerguy

On my island, I would have my pocket Rider-Waite. It is my old reliable. It was my first deck, and has never failed me. It won't go out of style, and nobody will ever steal it.

As to people, that will take some thought. As a start. maybe Tea Leoni, funny, smart, and nice to look at.

Gotta have Emeril Legasse to cook for us and for some conversation.

Angelina Jolie - do I need to explain this one? All the drama from her escapades would make for some interesting gossip.

Still working on my doctor. She needs to be a surgeon and an obstetrician. She needs to be an interesting person as well, as I'm stuck on an island with her.

Okay, and last of all, I'll need a civil engineer or a home builder. We need places to live and hot tubs. Maybe Joanne Liebeler from the home show on the Discovery Channel.

This is a beginning. I'll need some time to refine it.

Annabelle

On my tropical island, I'd have the Universal Waite tarot, because I'm very comfortable with it.

As for people:

1. Alton Brown, because I'd need someone to cook. And he seems able to make a meal out of pretty much anything using any tools.

2. Rose McGowan . . . ummm, just because ;)

3. Tobey McGuire, for when I wasn't feeling like, er, talking with Rose ;)

4. A doctor, not sure who yet

5. A mechanical/engineering sort of person, not sure who yet

All righty then, you all probably know more about me now than you wish you did!

O_O

Rider-Waite deck...Well, because that's the only one I know fairly well. *shrugs*

People?
Hmmm let's see,without the spouse there will be no sex, sooo I would want some controversial unappealing folks around to keep my mind off of it and to keep me from being bored ;)

Howard Stern and his foil Robin.. *blech, I'm not thinking clearly*

For intellectual stimulation?
Maureen Dowd...I like her politics.

For humor...George Wallace and Gilbert Gottfried .. I know, I know nobody finds him funny but his unfunny humor cracks me up :))

That's my 5.

Kissa

Viggo Mortensen because he's nice to look at

Viggo Mortensen for the talking: the guy is a real artist, complete

Viggo Mortensen for the rest

Viggo Mortensen for the cooking, i suspect the guy could serve me anything with one of his smiles and it would taste like heaven

Viggo Mortensen is scandinavian, thus very practical, gifted at handicrats, the guy would be architect, homebuilder, surgeon whatever...

do i sound like a fifteen years old? ;)

and Viggo and I would be using the World Spirit deck. My other choice could have been the Tarot of Timeless Truth but i'm afraid of the scandinavian overdose.

trust me ladies, Viggo is all you need. but then again, he's mine })

kissa

WolfSpirit

My deck would be the DruidCraft...easy to read, still breath taking to look at, and I love the folklore and spirit in it.

The five people...(they may not be famous worldwide but have appeared on TV regularly):

Ray Mears - has made books and programs about survival in the wild, and knows how to make boats of tree bark etc.

Ted Andrews - creator of the Animal Wise Tarot and writer of many spiritual and animal books. I think he can tell me lots about the animals on the island, and other interesting stuff - among other things why his deck has such ugly borders :p

Now for the fun part...
Lloyd Owen, an actor who has played in many classical plays and plays the lord of a Scottish castle in the (not so good) series Monarch of the Glen, but he is cute and looks good in a landrover :D

David Wenham (Faramir in LOTR)

Muriel Gray - she made programs and wrote a book on hillwalking. It will be great to discover the great outdoors and the hills there.
She also has a great sense of humour. Maybe I will also bring a cork to shut her up from time to time.

All together a party of two women and four men...not bad...

Sophie

ah...love those questions...

well, here goes.

- Deck first, easy: Tarot de Marseille, any edition (I'm getting bored with the whole "my Marseille is better than your Marseille" thing) - though with a slight preference for good old Grimaud or flashy new Rodes Sanchez.

People, hmm.

Well, I'm a woman, I'd like at least one other woman...let's go for:

Angélique Kidjo, the Benin soul singer & wit, who can keep us all happy with her music & her rythm; and she & I can talk & laugh while the men do manly things, like try and get us off the island, or build tree houses....one of them, of course:

Viggo Mortensen (sorry Kissa, he'll have to do a Krishna) - ideal tree-palace builder material, plus will take photos of the whole group & not to mention some friendly attention for Angélique & me. Of course, we'll need some good conversationalist....

Amadou Kourouma, the sadly recently deceased (but not on my tropical island) Ivorian novelist - from TV I know his conversation was as juicy & clever as his books - he should keep us all intellectually acute & entertained. He'll also make sure to let us know - in his best satirical way - if any of us get too big for our boots & become dictatorial. Of course, for those moments when the spirit seeks attention, we might need...

...(no, not the Daila Lama...) ah, another woman, I think: Starhawk, because she is generous, and articulate, and can have us all dancing and praising our island instead of tearing it (and each other) to pieces.

Then no tropical island would be complete without...

...a brand new, fresh, cool & witty as in his crispest movies - Cary Grant! He can make us the cocktails and think up compliments that'll have even Starhawk spin dizzily, wondering if he's teasing or for real...

Simone

hehe... as a deck, I kinda rediscovered my beloved Tarot Nova yesterday - and it is resistant to rain! ;) - always gives me good readings, so I think that's the one I'd also save out of a burning house ;)

People I'd take with me - does my cat count?

Maybe not, but i can always tame me an animal of the island; who would i take with me?

- for raucus fun and laughter as well as serious discussions and all the girly stuff: Cielo and firemaiden ;)

for it to be equal, I'd now need three men, well then:

- Umbrae, just cuz I like him - and he can cook! ;)
- similia cuz he knows homoeopathy and cuz I like him too (and yes, if you want, you can bring your new dog if you got it by then...)
- Khatruman - if we can find him before we have to leave...

}) }) })

Emeraldgirl

Deck - would be tarot od Dreams cause i don't think I'll ever see all there is to see on that deck.

People - Jimi Hendrix cause it would be fantastic entertainment.

Vincent Van Gough cause just incase I did end up seeing every detail of the tarot of Dreams he could paint me a new deck.

Scott Cam cause he's a builder even if it is on a crappy reality tv show where they do over people's backyards. I can still get him to whip up some nice decking and a tropical hut. It's all they seem to put in people's yards anyway so he's had heaps of practice and maybe he could build a boat as well.

Johnny Depp cause he seems like he'd would be great to um ................................................ talk to

And a female doctor. Gotta have some female company somewhere.