Are there any tarot decks that you dislike?

Salamander

better ask me which one's I do like...

hiss,
Salamander

sharpchick

For some reason

I just can't bring myself to even pick up the Gothic Tarot. . . there is something about the imagery on a lot of those cards that actually repels me . . . I can't explain it.

RichardDirt

Any that look very computer generated. Examples: Rohrig, Gilded Tarot, Tarot of Dreams and I'm sure there are others.

Mystic_Blue_Jay

Gonna rock the boat a little....

I do not like Gilded Tarot. I bought it not too long ago, and it isn't all that. The minors especially get my goat. Some of the faces on the characters on the minors look as if they were cut and pasted from photographs; not as if they were actually digitally drawn. I got the impression from reading the box that the whole deck was supposed to be digitally painted. I felt it didn't look right. Plus, it basically strikes me as another RWS clone. (I gave it to my Mom)

The Revelations tarot felt too bare to me, and tripped out as well.

And last but not least: the Giger Tarot. Holy Freakin' Crap! What the heck was I thinking buying this deck?! I heard such good things from my friend(at that time) about this deck. So I bought it. Shadow or not, it's outright scary if you ask me. CREEEPY!!!!!!

bobbob

I don't like the house brand deck they sell at Barnes & Noble.

Abrac

I don't like many of the Scarabeo's I've seen. I do however like the Visconti Gold. The borders are black and the lettering small and unnoticable.

What's up with this Silver Mantegna? Every review I've read on it is glowing (or shining, as the case may be, LOL), but I don't get it. At least the Visconti Gold is an attempt to recreate a deck that was gold to begin with. This silver thing (whatever it is) just seems like an attempt to get people on the bandwagon and buy another deck. I've never even seen any colored Mantegna cards outside of a few scans from illuminated books.

Not that any of the other Mantegnas are that great either mind you. The only halfway decent reproduction is the Solleone, 1981, and it's long out of print. I would be interested in knowing if the Mantegna ever was illuminated and where Atanassov's ideas for this new deck came from.

I really love the Mantegna and would prefer a quality b/w reproduction along the lines of the Solleone.

fools_fool

HearthCricket

I don't like the Robin Wood, the Thoths, Haindl, Spiral, most of the Marseilles decks, or anything promoting violence, alcohol, or sex. I also don't like trendy decks that seem to be made simply to add to the collection. I am getting very particular with my collection. It has become small, but endearing to me. I want each deck to be something I will actually read from and be excited about.

Genna

I dislike Waking the Wild Spirit.

FraterGrant

hearthcricket, your dislikes match my likes almost exactly! except the marseilles decks...i hate those.

The decks I dislike are:
Hanson Roberts
Gilded
Tarot of Dreams

edited to add: I cant believe how many people dislike the robin wood. its one of my favorites!