Psycards Study Group: Interpreting Card Combos

.traveller.

I was thinking that it would be fun to play around with card combos. It would be pretty exhausting to go through all of the possible combinations systematically, but a more random process should be just as fruitful.

Here are three cards: never, the stranger, the moon

How would you interpret these together if they were about love? Or Work/business? How about travel?

I might see, in the case of Love, that these cards could be referring to a love that has grown cold or distant.
In work or business, I would worry that a deal or job offer might fall through or that it wasn't quite real in the first place. Smoke and mirrors.
Strangely enough, I see travel may prove to be interesting.

Feel free to post your own combos too :)

.traveller.

Here's a funny one... the puzzle/the beauty/the beast

I had asked a question, laid out the cards face down, and then got distracted.

Haven't a clue what my question was now :p

Who's behind the door? Beauty or Beast?

or...

The Beast within the Beauty/ Beautiful Beast?

Pao

great idea traveller!

ok I still stink at combos and not having a specific question makes it more difficult but here I go

.traveller. said:
Here are three cards: never, the stranger, the moon

How would you interpret these together if they were about love? Or Work/business? :)

Love- I would say that the relationship is not the way it used to be. It lost something, its life, its "color" and the two people have almost becomes stranger. When one walks in the door its almost like who is this person? where is the one I used to know? It is at a "darker" time.

Work- I see someone shady trying to take your position. Someone waiting for you to fail so they can take the lead.

I need a specific question though otherwise I stink at this!!

.traveller.

I think you did fine. I picked up on the lack of color too but I couldn't verbalize it.
We can make up questions for the cards too.

I'm just not sure where the line between the study group and the readings section begins.
I guess if we cross the line, we'll be told. :p

Pao

hmm...I dont know its part of the study group learning :confused: That was my intention when I put the sample reading thread. I thought we all could put confusing cards or readings on there and discuss. Maybe we should try to pm the moderators about it and see. Otherwise we would have to not have questions and keep going like this but it makes it a tad harder for me :D

Master_Margarita

We're just offering examples of how combos work, I think, so it's a metathread on readings, which I think (although I am not a moderator) is study group fodder for sure.

I did a reading on work for someone yesterday and drew the cards: No, The Fool, The Scales.

I interpreted this to mean that the querent was facing something a work that s/he had to oppose or put a stop to, and that it seemed like a foolish idea, but it was the right thing to do.

.traveller.

Ah ha! I was looking for this thread, it got buried pretty quickly.

Master_Margarita said:
We're just offering examples of how combos work, I think, so it's a metathread on readings, which I think (although I am not a moderator) is study group fodder for sure.

I did a reading on work for someone yesterday and drew the cards: No, The Fool, The Scales.

I interpreted this to mean that the querent was facing something a work that s/he had to oppose or put a stop to, and that it seemed like a foolish idea, but it was the right thing to do.

I was just looking these cards and was drawn to the color RED.

"Watch your step or you may upset a delicate balance." The suggestion that all of the facts are not apparent to a casual observer.