Instincts on using tarot in a certain manner ..

Awkward.turtle91

I wasn't "reading too much in" - I was genuinely confused about your expression (and telling you some of the history of a salt circle ;) which you are unfamiliar with. Silly of me for just assuming that you knew this :)).
However you have now clarified with this line:

Thank you! :) :)
And yes - I feel guided to - and quite often combine my oracle decks into my Tarot readings.
Dare I say - sometimes when I'm reading, an oracle deck will just sort of "whisper" in my awareness that
I should be using it too. :angel:
I enjoy using an oracle card as an additional message at the end of my reading, and sometimes If I'm not immediately clear by intuition which oracle to use - I may dowse for it (using a pendulum, L-rod or the "sticky finger" technique).
Usually by asking - "is it animal, vegetable, crystal or spirit?" - I have 2 animal oracles, a Tree oracle and Rune deck, a bag of crystal tumblestones, and an Angel deck and Fallen Angel deck.

Sometimes for a 2 card draw - I'll draw 1 Tarot and 1 Oracle - and read them together as the message.

I have one I recently brought my lovers oracle and my Ceccoli tarot deck I feel like I should combine together I don't know why but! :)

I enjoy using oracle as a back up message as well, I'm not very good with pendulums maybe this is something I should work on as I recently found three of mine. I was about to ask what's with the vegetables that sounds intriguing! X

Tanga

I have one I recently brought my lovers oracle and my Ceccoli tarot deck I feel like I should combine together I don't know why but! :)

I enjoy using oracle as a back up message as well, I'm not very good with pendulums maybe this is something I should work on as I recently found three of mine. I was about to ask what's with the vegetables that sounds intriguing! X

Hmm - a Lover's theme with the Ceccoli would match nicely I think.

I suppose strictly - I should say "plant" - but vegetable rolls into the pattern of the words more smoothly for me.

Awkward.turtle91

Hmm - a Lover's theme with the Ceccoli would match nicely I think.

I suppose strictly - I should say "plant" - but vegetable rolls into the pattern of the words more smoothly for me.

Plant oracle?, which is it?

I think it goes nicely also Ceccoli is down to earth but yet innocent at the same time.
Xx

SunChariot

I feel this should go in here ...
Sorry mods if it isn't appropriate,

Okay so I'm wondering about doing a tarot and oracle combination regarding my love life as I have a new oracle solely based on romance.

I pulled the deck out and instantly I got a little shiver, like someone had walked on my grave so to speak. I'm wondering if any of you have had this feeling based upon doing things with a tarot deck before, like reading with it or a spread etc?

How do you approach this feeling when it happens?, I'm wondering if I ought to listen and do it? X

My belief is that you should ALWAYS follow your instincts and intuition in anything Tarot. Not just in readings, but in anthing...including which decks to buy, the best ways to learn for you, the best ways to read for you at any given moment in time. And that yes, you are very much able to invent your own reading methods on the spur of the moment if something comes to you. And even to change the meanings of your cards if something calls to you more than your current meaning.

Always follow your intuition in Tarot is my motto. LOL

Babs

Thoughtful

When l have done a tarot reading l sometimes use oracle cards as a little extra reading.
You say you felt a shiver, that may have been the anticipation of using the two decks together and a sign that it would work for you. Do what feels right for you it seems you are quite sensitive to the energies around you when you read or work with the cards. We all have our different signs and if they are good it's right to note them, if it feels iffy then stop.

Awkward.turtle91

When l have done a tarot reading l sometimes use oracle cards as a little extra reading.
You say you felt a shiver, that may have been the anticipation of using the two decks together and a sign that it would work for you. Do what feels right for you it seems you are quite sensitive to the energies around you when you read or work with the cards. We all have our different signs and if they are good it's right to note them, if it feels iffy then stop.

Oh the moment my reading's start getting a little iffy i stop and take a break for a couple of weeks, I have no problems in stopping if it doesn't feel right <3

I never thought i would have been sensitive but i use them all on rotation perhaps i've opened my self up to them a little.

Awkward.turtle91

My belief is that you should ALWAYS follow your instincts and intuition in anything Tarot. Not just in readings, but in anthing...including which decks to buy, the best ways to learn for you, the best ways to read for you at any given moment in time. And that yes, you are very much able to invent your own reading methods on the spur of the moment if something comes to you. And even to change the meanings of your cards if something calls to you more than your current meaning.

Always follow your intuition in Tarot is my motto. LOL

Babs

I'm just starting to follow my intuition it isn't always easy. I've come across a deck that works beautifully with the main deck i use. it's funny how that can happen isn't it. xx

SunChariot

I'm just starting to follow my intuition it isn't always easy. I've come across a deck that works beautifully with the main deck i use. it's funny how that can happen isn't it. xx

Yeah, it took me a long while to learn to follow my intuition in all things Tarot too. Mainly because when I started Tarot I just plain HAD NO intuition! LOL

I had feelings that were always wrong, up was down, down was up...whatever feeling I had it never lead to truth. I am sure that I always had an intuition and that it is a normal part of being human, But that mine was so repressed and pushed down I never learnt to connect to it (or tp even believe I had one til Tarot).

Tarot is a tool that brings it out and I do depend on mine everyday now for so many things. But it grows and gets more and more dependable with practice. And all things Tarot seem to go better when you use it.

Babs