What if you discovered your favourite deck was painted by a Trump supporter?

Le Fanu

I don't think it's irrelevant to say that there is a difference between something distasteful spouted in - say - 1900 and something which affects you and your loved ones or opportunities here and now. It's natural that it's all a bit in our faces right now and we see it seeping into our everyday.

I also think it's interesting this notion that it's only a problem if you can see it in a deck. In another thread on another subject, we'd be telling each other that you can see whatever you want in a deck. Whatever you see in a deck is right for you - so people will see it in a deck. That's the beauty of tarot - nothing's wrong - we all see something different etc etc (sound familiar?)

gregory

If we see what is right for us - there is no chance in hell that I will see Trumpery in mine, so....

G6

If that doctor was the only one there if you were in an accident - bet you you would not be thinking "Republic" or "Democrat". Not dying and your life flashing would be upmost on your mind.

Early days yet to say anyone is truly oppressed. USA history proves that if slaves fought for freedom then anyone can. So, instead of being downtrodden and pessimistic, it is an opportunity for people to find a way out of it and not be the oppressed or to play the victims.

DND :)

There's nothing victimish about withdrawing patronage from businesses that are not in alignment with your values or worse yet work to oppose them.

BodhiSeed

Ciro mentioned art that pushed an agenda. If a deck pushed an agenda (regardless of the creator's affiliation) that was hateful and cruel I wouldn't buy it. For instance, a Five of Wands that showed someone getting stomped or beaten with bats who was a minority. I also don't care for distasteful or offensive decks (picture Trump riding shirtless, comb-over flapping in the wind on the Sun). It does matter, but only if I see strong evidence of an agenda that tries to divide and hurt.

Beancrew49

Hmmm well I don't claim to understand the nuance between figurehead and actual political power, but your proposal of reality sounds very metaphysical to me. What I can tell you is that the lower health insurance premiums I paid, were very real and the amounts changed for the better as a result of the policies pushed by the president at that time. Now I'm pretty sure that wasn't all in my head. For example, a president, in this case Obama, pushes for an affordable health care act, it gets implemented, I pay less.....BINGO. I assumed there was a connection. Now no doubt, other people might provide their own experiences with opposing results, but you asked me a question earlier to provide an example of how a presidents actions directly effected me. I think my example was a valid response.

Just because it was called Obamacare by the media does not mean it was pushed by Obama. Here's my position in a nutshell.

As your third eye opens you begin to see through more and more deception. One of the first deceptions that was revealed to me was that which occurs in government. Things are not as we were taught in school or in alignment with our media brainwashing. The President is merely a puppet to his masters, the heads of major corporations, banks, and secret societies. The president has no free will when it comes to policy. That is merely illusion. It's why presidents tend to age 20 years their first year in office. The realization of the truth is a lot to bear. They are there merely to provide the illusion of choice to the people. It doesn't matter who gets into office or what they aspire to do. The will of the controllers will always be implemented.

This is why arguing about the president is so pointless. He is there for exactly the reason this thread was created. To give you something to argue about and distract you from the reality of how things work. As long as you believe the president has ultimate power, you can never uncover the truth because you will never be looking for it. And this is all without mention of the Dracos. There is even another layer of deception.

FLizarraga

For the record, I support all 22 of them. (Now, the minors, that's another story.)

G6

Just because it was called Obamacare by the media does not mean it was pushed by Obama. Here's my position in a nutshell.

As your third eye opens you begin to see through more and more deception. One of the first deceptions that was revealed to me was that which occurs in government. Things are not as we were taught in school or in alignment with our media brainwashing. The President is merely a puppet to his masters, the heads of major corporations, banks, and secret societies. The president has no free will when it comes to policy. That is merely illusion. It's why presidents tend to age 20 years their first year in office. The realization of the truth is a lot to bear. They are there merely to provide the illusion of choice to the people. It doesn't matter who gets into office or what they aspire to do. The will of the controllers will always be implemented.

This is why arguing about the president is so pointless. He is there for exactly the reason this thread was created. To give you something to argue about and distract you from the reality of how things work. As long as you believe the president has ultimate power, you can never uncover the truth because you will never be looking for it. And this is all without mention of the Dracos. There is even another layer of deception.

BC49, sounds like you've unlocked all the mysteries of life. Enlighten us and tell us about the Dracos.

cirom

OH MY FRIGGING GAWD, you mean that I have reptiles to thank for my lowered health insurance, not Obama...... Duhhh. I should have suspected it from the beginning. They were probabaly giving me hints when they wrote in the policy forms that the savings would be scaled....

Well this changes everything. I feel so silly now. Reptiles !!!!!

Now the cynical part of me is just dying to respond by saying that is such a lot of old croc, but then the my nicer imaginary twin is whispering in my ear, resist don't do it.

Sometime I think my imaginary twin is an idiot.

Seriously folks I thought we were having a serious discussion here. If not I have work to do.

Beancrew49

OH MY FRIGGING GAWD, you mean that I have reptiles to thank for my lowered health insurance, not Obama...... Duhhh. I should have suspected it from the beginning. They were probabaly giving me hints when they wrote in the policy forms that the savings would be scaled....

Well this changes everything. I feel so silly now. Reptiles !!!!!

Now the cynical part of me is just dying to respond by saying that is such a lot of old croc, but then the my nicer imaginary twin is whispering in my ear, resist don't do it.

Sometime I think my imaginary twin is an idiot.

Seriously folks I thought we were having a serious discussion here. If not I have work to do.

So you believe that you can see the future by looking at playing cards, but the possibility of extraterrestrials is impossible? Wow.

Close yourself off to information that doesn't align with your programming. Shove yourself in a box because you already know everything there is to know. That's your choice. Good luck with that.

Flames

So you believe that you can see the future by looking at playing cards, but the possibility of extraterrestrials is impossible? Wow.

Close yourself off to information that doesn't align with your programming. Shove yourself in a box because you already know everything there is to know. That's your choice. Good luck with that.

And, good luck to you as you seem to have shoved yourself in a box as well.