Instincts on using tarot in a certain manner ..

Awkward.turtle91

I feel this should go in here ...
Sorry mods if it isn't appropriate,

Okay so I'm wondering about doing a tarot and oracle combination regarding my love life as I have a new oracle solely based on romance.

I pulled the deck out and instantly I got a little shiver, like someone had walked on my grave so to speak. I'm wondering if any of you have had this feeling based upon doing things with a tarot deck before, like reading with it or a spread etc?

How do you approach this feeling when it happens?, I'm wondering if I ought to listen and do it? X

nisaba

If it feels okay, do it. If it feels not-okay, don't do it. <smile>

Awkward.turtle91

If it feels okay, do it. If it feels not-okay, don't do it. <smile>

That's a fair statement, I'll see what happens when I go to grab my decks tonight. If I have seconds thoughts then, I won't do it. :) x

Edward Tarot Hands

I pulled the deck out and instantly I got a little shiver, like someone had walked on my grave so to speak.

Did you see an apparition or hear a disembodied voice at the same time? if so I would definitely get that deck exorcised

Awkward.turtle91

Did you see an apparition or hear a disembodied voice at the same time? if so I would definitely get that deck exorcised

Nope, it wasn't in a nasty manner more comferting then scary.
I don't believe in Demons and such, each deck I own gets cleaned With a salt circle and a Rose Quartz there fairly calm and collect. :)

Tanga

Awkward.turtle91 :) - your post a) and post b) seem to be at odds with each other.
The first post a), suggests to me that you are hesitant, but then in post b) you say the feeling (of "someone walking over your grave") was comforting. ??
"Someone walking over your grave" is not usually considered a comforting feeling. More like spooky.
:

a)
I pulled the deck out and instantly I got a little shiver, like someone had walked on my grave so to speak. I'm wondering if any of you have had this feeling based upon doing things with a tarot deck before, like reading with it or a spread etc?

How do you approach this feeling when it happens?, I'm wondering if I ought to listen and do it? X

b)
Nope, it wasn't in a nasty manner more comferting then scary.
I don't believe in Demons and such, each deck I own gets cleaned With a salt circle and a Rose Quartz there fairly calm and collect. :)

Plus:
"I don't believe in Demons" - but- "each deck I own gets cleaned with a salt circle"
- a salt circle is a standard ritual Pagan practice for making a safe space that "keeps all the bad guys out".
Commonly publicised in the media, moreso than other practices.

Perhaps you would like to re-phrase as I've obviously mis-understood what you are asking exactly and I'm confused.
Are you asking:
"Is it OK to combine a Tarot and Oracle deck" ?
OR
"Is it OK to read, if you've had a feeling of "someone walking over your grave" when you decide to do a reading"?
Or
"Has anybody had this feeling like I've had before? - what do you do about it?"
Plus could you clarify the feeling any further?

:heart:

Grizabella

Many readers use Tarot and Oracles together. They say it works very well, usually. I sometimes do this myself, but more often, if I'm asked for a reading that a Kipper or Lenormand could give a more concise answer, for then I switch over to one of them for the reading instead. Once in awhile I'll just use a small reading on the side of the Tarot spread when needing a little more information on a specific point within the Tarot reading.

I think you were asking about the significance of getting a chill when you picked up your Oracle deck. Am I right? I haven't had that experience, but maybe someone else has. :)

Awkward.turtle91

Awkward.turtle91 :) - your post a) and post b) seem to be at odds with each other.
The first post a), suggests to me that you are hesitant, but then in post b) you say the feeling (of "someone walking over your grave") was comforting. ??
"Someone walking over your grave" is not usually considered a comforting feeling. More like spooky.

I think you might find that you seem to be reading too much into what I'm trying to say in my post, over analysing every little detail is a little bit eh. I'm not trying to be rude I've just had a few run ins with people on here before.

I think in a very black and white manner, which is quite possibly an influence to this :).
I meant it in the sense that it was familiar to that a little shiver, that sensation you get when someone walks over your grave but as I said it wasn't spooky it was quite comforting. It was as if I was being helped or guided in some way. Like I had someone pointing me in the right direction so to speak.

[QUTE] Plus:
"I don't believe in Deamons" - but- "each deck I own gets cleaned with a salt circle"
- a salt circle is a standard ritual Pagan practice for making a safe space to "keep all the bad guys out".
Commonly publicised in the media moreso than other practices.[/QUOTE]

I don't get how the method that I cleanse my deck in has a play with this?, I don't believe in deamons at all. Some might and I respect those who do. I cleanse my deck in a salt circle to protect them mainly from negative energy around me, sometimes I don't feel crystals are good enough. I don't like any form of negative enegy surrounding my decks.

Perhaps you would like to re-phrase as I've obviously mis-understood what you are asking exactly and I'm confused.
Are you asking:
"Is it OK to combine a Tarot and Oracle deck" ?
OR
"Is it OK to read, if you've had a feeling of "someone walking over your grave" when you decide to do a reading"?
Or
"Has anybody had this feeling like I've had before? - what do you do about it?"
Plus could you clarify the feeling any further?

As it says I'm wondering if any one else has had a sort of experience where they felt guided to do something with their oracle, such as combine them with another deck.

I feel sometimes the only way I can explain is I know I feel like I'm being watched when I'm on the right path.

I don't mean to come across as rude, I'm just crap at words ;)

:heart:[/QUOTE]

Awkward.turtle91

Many readers use Tarot and Oracles together. They say it works very well, usually. I sometimes do this myself, but more often, if I'm asked for a reading that a Kipper or Lenormand could give a more concise answer, for then I switch over to one of them for the reading instead. Once in awhile I'll just use a small reading on the side of the Tarot spread when needing a little more information on a specific point within the Tarot reading.

I think you were asking about the significance of getting a chill when you picked up your Oracle deck. Am I right? I haven't had that experience, but maybe someone else has. :)

Yes that exactly what I meant griizabella!

I hadn't thought about using my lenormands, I wouldn't know where to start with combing those. :) i like to draw a few lenormands for more specific information on their own sometimes when I'm not doing tarot they can be quite direct.

X

Tanga

I think you might find that you seem to be reading too much into what I'm trying to say in my post

I wasn't "reading too much in" - I was genuinely confused about your expression (and telling you some of the history of a salt circle ;) which you are unfamiliar with. Silly of me for just assuming that you knew this :)).
However you have now clarified with this line:

...I'm wondering if any one else has had a sort of experience where they felt guided to do something with their oracle, such as combine them with another deck.

I feel sometimes the only way I can explain is I know I feel like I'm being watched when I'm on the right path.

Thank you! :) :)
And yes - I feel guided to - and quite often combine my oracle decks into my Tarot readings.
Dare I say - sometimes when I'm reading, an oracle deck will just sort of "whisper" in my awareness that
I should be using it too. :angel:
I enjoy using an oracle card as an additional message at the end of my reading, and sometimes If I'm not immediately clear by intuition which oracle to use - I may dowse for it (using a pendulum, L-rod or the "sticky finger" technique).
Usually by asking - "is it animal, vegetable, crystal or spirit?" - I have 2 animal oracles, a Tree oracle and Rune deck, a bag of crystal tumblestones, and an Angel deck and Fallen Angel deck.

Sometimes for a 2 card draw - I'll draw 1 Tarot and 1 Oracle - and read them together as the message.