Question about using Copyrighted deck images

Freyja of V

I am starting my own blog and was wondering what problems any of you have had with displaying card images on your site.

Someone told me that US Games pushed the copyright for RWS until 2021! How, she doesn't know. She explained they used to charge massive licensing fees but now they've become more lenient due to all the Tarot blogs out there.

Can anyone give me advice on how to go about this?
Can you share your own story regarding licensing fees? or...

Do you use the images without paying, waiting until they say something?

BTW - I'm not curious about just US Games. Have any of you had any experience with the other publishing houses like Lo Scarabeo or Llewellyn etc.

Thanks so much in advance.
Freyja xoxo

gregory

Lo Scarabeo said, generously, a few years back that you can use anything of theirs as long as you credit them.

USGames will go after everyone.... But SOMEONE said they got permission for a few cards of theirs.

Freyja of V

Lo Scarabeo said, generously, a few years back that you can use anything of theirs as long as you credit them.

USGames will go after everyone.... But SOMEONE said they got permission for a few cards of theirs.

That's great to hear. I absolutely love Davide Corsi's Pictorial Key Tarot, Universal Tarot & Tarot Illuminati and I'm sure there are many others I can't think of off the top of my head.

That's funny, because I have Tarot Fundamentals and come to think of it, I think all the card images are from Lo Scarabeo decks. LOL.

Thank you so much Gregory!

EmpyreanKnight

That's funny, because I have Tarot Fundamentals and come to think of it, I think all the card images are from Lo Scarabeo decks. LOL.

Thank you so much Gregory!

Hi Freyja! I think that may be because the Tarot Fundamentals book is published under the Lo Scarabeo imprint. This is a definite win-win for them: copyright concerns would almost be a non-issue, and they have a splendid chance to showcase their decks. With the mad variety of Tarot pics in there, there is bound to be one for every taste, and I won't be surprised if these images enabled more than a few of the book's readers to order some deck/s for themselves, again adding to Lo Scarabeo's coffers.

Btw do inform us when you launch your blog, alright? :)

Freyja of V

Hi Freyja! I think that may be because the Tarot Fundamentals book is published under the Lo Scarabeo imprint. This is a definite win-win for them: copyright concerns would almost be a non-issue, and they have a splendid chance to showcase their decks. With the mad variety of Tarot pics in there, there is bound to be one for every taste, and I won't be surprised if these images enabled more than a few of the book's readers to order some deck/s for themselves, again adding to Lo Scarabeo's coffers.

Btw do inform us when you launch your blog, alright? :)

Duh...their stamp is printed on the bottom of the cover. <feeling very silly> and I'm sure it'll be a while, but I will let you know when it's up. Thank you, Empyrean :love: