Merry Meet all!!

13death

Black Rose Tarot

planning on creating a tarot deck. either for my use or to find a publisher. not sure. but i need help. how would i get started? i have ideas and pictures in my head. but cant get them on paper good

Silver Crow

Welcome to the board. :)

My first suggestion is to study as many tarot decks you can, get a good grasp of the meanings of the cards as well as the symbolism used in them. I bet after you do that, your ideas will start flowing from brain to paper.

Alta

Also suggest that you head on over to the Tarot Books & Media forum. A couple of solid tarot books, including symbolism, will really help you get a deep enough feel for the cards, which you can then express artistically.

13death

thanks all! i own at least 7 decks now. and a few books on tarot. which one is the tarot bible. its great on that. so im pretty good studied up. just they wont come out of my head lol. and i havent decided how to make them. like a certian theme or wat?

gregory

If you want a theme - have one. If not - not. Only you can decide that. You say you have ideas in your head. Try to create ONE CARD and see how it goes. Draw / photograph something - whatever. In the end, the best method/medium for your talents will become obvious and that's a start.

13death

thanks. they all come out at once. that or like a few different ideas come out on a single card

gregory

I don't actually understand your post - but - take, say, the Fool and try and create a Fool card...

13death

im sorry i should had made it more clear. when i try to create the Fool more than one card image comes to mind. like a draconic image, a rider waite based image, a witchy image etc.

gregory

OK. Start to draw. One of them has to win out !

13death

i think that i want to do a tarot of plant people