Bestian Tarot

Annabelle

Wow, Aestheteka, the Bestian tarot is quite beautiful . . . and haunting. Good luck with getting it printed and available for sale.

I'll admit, as a tarot reader, it isn't my cup of tea; however, as a collector I'd love to someday own a copy just because the art is so striking and unique.

Aestheteka

Debra & Annabella - thankyou!
Lillie - I did warn you :)

One problem I am having is with the creation of the pamphlet. Does anyone have any template suggestions?

6 Haunted Days

I can see a lot of love and devotion went into these cards. They evoke and send forth intense energy, congratulations! I do hope you find a publisher and get them printed : ). As you can already see, most on this forum are pretty conservative with what they want in their Tarot and related ideas so you won't find a huge audience here that would want to use them, but it's for sure out there!

Aestheteka

6 Haunted Days, the Bestian Tarot will be printed in the next couple of weeks (it will be published by my own company, Aestheteka) . I, too, hope to find a large publisher who will do the deck justice and help it reach a wider audience but from a personal perspective I am happy just to see me ideas realized - I do, however, hope that others also see the worth in the deck.
The prototype set is beautiful. Dark and beautiful. I have tried, with the Bestian Tarot, to get to the essence of the tarot and not just rehash extant versions and I believe ErisX has done wonders in this.
For me, I like to use the tarot to help open the doors of my mind and I wished for a deck that would aid in this; i do not believe that whether The Fool's dog is painted brown or yellow, or is NeoClassical or Art Deco is as important as what The Fool's card activates in the Unconscious.

Lillie

Aestheteka said:
Lillie - I did warn you :)

I looked ages ago, long before the warning :D

Though there is one on the site itself, so I'm not moaning, only teasing.

Interesting stuff.

On thing I wanted to ask.
I can't read the titles on the cards.
What's with them?
Are they written in some kind of sigil?

You don't seem to have had a problem selling your books, couldn't you just sell your deck through the same channels?

Good luck with it. The cards are very different, very original.

Aestheteka

Lillie said:
I looked ages ago, long before the warning :D

Though there is one on the site itself, so I'm not moaning, only teasing.

Interesting stuff.

On thing I wanted to ask.
I can't read the titles on the cards.
What's with them?
Are they written in some kind of sigil?

You don't seem to have had a problem selling your books, couldn't you just sell your deck through the same channels?

The titles on the cards are written in Bestian Script, which is an alphabet I employ based on the phoneticization of the English language (44 sounds as opposed to the 26 letters of the Latin alphabet).

The books do sell, through various channels, but I really would like to find someone to 'handle' the Tarot, as it is much more 'accessible' than SB and GB, to a wider audience. Hopefully, those who have already bought my books and subscribe to my various forums and groups etc will wish to add the Bestian Tarot to their collection. By coming here, to Aeclectic (and thankfully the name is not oxymoronic!), I hope to show my dream to others who also hold the tarot in a high position in their lives. It is a great moment of pride to hold one's own tarot in one's hand.

Lillie

I bet it is.

It must be an amazing feeling to hold it in your hands and use it.

(says me who talks a lot about doing her own deck, but doesn't actually do much :D)

Good luck with it.
I hope it does well for you.

rogue

It's too bad you don't want to enter into a moralistic or theological discussion. You've sparked my interest in your books. I can see where you're coming from, but I'm curious how far you go. Any chance at a PM discussion? It's good to see a concept like yours getting off the ground. Congratulations.

Aestheteka

lampkin, i am here solely for Tarot - for which i have a long and deep passion.
There are many sites on the Net where you can find me if you wish to chat. Just Google my user name.
i'd rather not offend others here on Aeclectic who may have widely different beliefs to mine own. i'm sure you understand.

rogue

You know it Aestheteka. I'll look you up.