Spanish Card Layouts and Readings

Eios

By all means, go ahead Cerulean, I'm hear to learn more than anything, so go ahead and post your interpretation. This goes for everyone else that has anything to add.

Eios

Cerulean

This is detail on Eios original spread and situation posted...

8wands - 3disks - 9swords

If in the past (using a mix of my meanings and 'tarotlike' interpretations), the
eight of wands was pleasure in society
three of coins was a good period of building growth and then
a downturn in the 9 of swords

Her means of facing this with her three children is to look at her work options and means for providing herself and them.

If this is also about work in the present, the detail on the first line:

3swords - 7cups - 8 swords - King of Swords - 3cups

For the negative meanings of 3 swords is heartbreak: yet also the other side is an opening of the heart or space for something else, even with this pain.

For disillusionment or breaking through of fanciful ideas of the 7 of cups, there is also the idea she is finding theme of something she likes---her affections are engaged to working with her kids and perhaps a daycare situation that would fulfill herself and other children.

For the problem of the 8 of swords being a loss or imprisonment, it means she is facing her limited means and taking a sensible look.

For the idea of the King of Swords being a dark man, there's also the idea someone with experience would be good to advise her or be a working partner.

For the idea of the three of cups being a celebration, it may be that finding this idea, partner with experience will show her she is on the right track for getting her life better-situated.

So it is only a bit more detail to what Eios suggested:

This tells me she is in a uncomfortable position/job and is seeking to move to something more to her liking, where she can evolve further.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Near future:
Qw - KnSw- 2c - 6p - KnW

QW- A woman of middle life (herself?) and KnSw-- journey perhaps or a youngish man with impetuous energy. Or perhaps she needs to work at the enterprise with such energy. The 2Cups to me is about affection or liking for the task and the KnW is about finding or having friends or allies that will assist her with her work. The importance for her to rely or gain allies for her ideas and befriend or be good as a 'team player' in what she wants seems important.

Things to watch for:
5sw - Asw - Ap - 5w - Qp

5sw - She needs to realize that her own self-interest might be something she needs to watch for, to stay good in health and strong in her ideas. Asw--facing her challenge is very important; Ap -- facing her monetary concerns while wanting to quit an old job and start her own business is really a strong concern--especially with children to care for. Looking at her expenses and budget is very very important. Qp---the Queen of pentacles is what she needs to be, that is the one of strong dedication to budgets and finding good means to do what works best for her family.

Resolution:
6sw - 9sw - 8c - KnSw- Aw

6sw - while these concerns will take time, she will get some rest and resolution (the sight of journey's end). 9sw - there will be grief and sorrow to work through, but also 8c - there is support, friendship/family and caring for her that will see her through. The energy of the KnSw and the prospect of some travel she might need to do (perhaps a visit to a friend/relative) to take a break is advised, when she can work it out...and in the end, Aw---she will prevail in a better work circumstance if she has faith and energy and takes care to look out for herself and children.

It may be she already knows the above...but taking the situation, cards in hand and the ideas that I seem to remember about such cards, this is what detail I come up with...maybe not so complete, but perhaps as an alternative? Thank you for letting me practise.

Best wishes,

Cerulean

MatPoint

Hi there, sorry I've been busy and I couldn't come back earlier.

QW. Worker, an unknown woman, news from outside
KnSw. Quickly action.
2 SW. Relationship, love, affection, agreements, partnership
6 P. generosity, lack of planning
KnW. Changes, travel, scape

I usually form sentences from the keywords of each card. And then I look for combinations also.

The seeker will get a partner that will act quickly and will be pushing her to start working on their partnership as soon as possible. There is generosity in this partner but also it seems she's in a hurry and it may cause them to undertake this activity with not enough planning. Things are going to change.

6 P Also means Present time. So the querent is probably already noticing this changes taking place in her life.

Things to watch for:
5sw - Asw - Ap - 5w - Qp

5sw. Steal, Oportunities
Ace Sw. Confirmation, letter, decision.
Ace P. Success, Happyness, union or unity.
5 W. Dignity, Pride, hope.
QP. Good news

The querent is afraid of taking advantage of opportunities. She may feel it is not right for some reason, but if she doesn't do it then someone else will do it and she will loose the chance to fulfill here wishes and make her dreams come true. I would advise her to take decision and take action even if she feels that's not right because she will find success and happiness in it. This is her dream, her hope. The Ace of Swords and the QP are confirming each other. She will get news about this.

Resolution:
6sw - 9sw - 8c - KnSw- Aw

6Sw. Distance, journey, future card
9Sw. Grief, Cut, Divorce, End
8C. New friend, Adoption, Occultism.
KgSw. Law, order, Health Care.
AW. Beginning, giving birth.

It seems that the querent will have to go away somewhere where she will break with her past and will met a new friend. This friend may be related to law and order or with health care. And there will take place the changes announced in the previous row and eventually a new life of fulfillment.

With the KnP there'll be not financial problems.

Answering to her question I would tell her that she'll be driven by the events described in this reading and therefore she'll know what decisions to take to accomplish her goals. The Ace of wands is also telling us that she's going to start this business with the help of this new friend.

Hope it helps.

Hope it helps.

Eios

Cerulean said:
8wands - 3disks - 9swords

If in the past (using a mix of my meanings and 'tarotlike' interpretations), the
eight of wands was pleasure in society
three of coins was a good period of building growth and then
a downturn in the 9 of swords

Her means of facing this with her three children is to look at her work options and means for providing herself and them.

Cerulean

Very impressive reading Cerulean. She does in fact have 3 children. Did you see that with the 3 of disks?

I liked your interpretation very much, in some ways similar to what I read (although I havent posted what I read for the present and future).

Regards

Eios

Eios

MatPoint said:
Hi there, sorry I've been busy and I couldn't come back earlier.

QW. Worker, an unknown woman, news from outside
KnSw. Quickly action.
2 SW. Relationship, love, affection, agreements, partnership
6 P. generosity, lack of planning
KnW. Changes, travel, scape

I usually form sentences from the keywords of each card. And then I look for combinations also.

I also like to make sentences with the keywords, but i've had trouble doing it because i tend to be too rigid in its interpretation. It looks like I have a lot to learn by looking at your readings.

MatPoint said:
Things to watch for:
5sw - Asw - Ap - 5w - Qp

5sw. Steal, Oportunities
Ace Sw. Confirmation, letter, decision.
Ace P. Success, Happyness, union or unity.
5 W. Dignity, Pride, hope.
QP. Good news

The querent is afraid of taking advantage of opportunities. She may feel it is not right for some reason, but if she doesn't do it then someone else will do it and she will loose the chance to fulfill here wishes and make her dreams come true. I would advise her to take decision and take action even if she feels that's not right because she will find success and happiness in it. This is her dream, her hope. The Ace of Swords and the QP are confirming each other. She will get news about this.

How do you read fear in this layout? Do you read that from a card or intuition?

MatPoint said:
Answering to her question I would tell her that she'll be driven by the events described in this reading and therefore she'll know what decisions to take to accomplish her goals. The Ace of wands is also telling us that she's going to start this business with the help of this new friend.

As we can see, there are some (or many) similarities in these readings, in spite of the diference of reading style. I guess that is a good thing. Both are excellent and a lot better than what I did. (I'll post mine as soon as I have a chance).

I notice that you ascribe meanings to cards that I have never seen anywhere else. Where did these come from, or did you develop these yourself?

Regards,

Eios

MatPoint

Well, It is not exactly fear. The 5Sw means opportunities and also stealth. So the opportunities are often seen by the querent as something unethical. But the truth is that if she doesn't take advantage of it somebody else will do it.

I learnt this meanings from a book written by a Spanish card reader that uses the old methods of cartomancy. The title is "La Baraja Española" by Marta Rodriguez Aranguez. Publisher: Eride Editorial. It's written in Spanish.

Cerulean

Cerulean's reply...

Eios said:
She does in fact have 3 children. Did you see that with the 3 of disks?

Cerulean replies:
Very odd. I thought you told us she had three children--I must have misread your message. Happy accident.

Eios said:
I liked your interpretation very much, in some ways similar to what I read (although I havent posted what I read for the present and future).

Cerulean replies:
Actually, I was so eager to read this as a 'story' and the cards seemed to be a kind of puzzle that could work well. At first, I thought the lack of the majors and smallness of the deck would be hard to read. But they feel better, closer to real-life issues.

I'm eager to obtain more practise-thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Cerulean

Cerulean

Just revisiting this for those fans of Spanish playing cards

This thread is being revived as some samples of alternative meanings and reading samples.

Enjoy!

Cerulean