crystal study Group; obsidian

Empath111

Oh, yes, I have seen the Snowflake ones - really pretty! :) In my crystal bible it says that the Snowflake one is good for making wise decisions, and for releasing bitterness or anger. It is also said to melt frozen emotions, and make the heart warmer ;)

Interesting about the harsh truths thing....maybe that is why Obsidian is related to Capricorn...Capricorn is governed by Saturn, the "Harsh Taskmaster", and is a cold-ish sign. Although myself I have found Capricorns to be in general very nice and practical people, calm and balanced :)

Maybe Empath can add some thoughts about that, being a Capricorn!

I missed this and the Capricorn reference. :)
Oh, I am told I am nice- I believe I am practical.
But no- LOL- I am more of a "woot woot where's the party??" sort of girl! LOL Who found out the hard way (working with patients in an energetic technique) that I have to learn grounding/centering etc in order to not take in everyone's "stuff'. Which ultimately lead me down the metaphysical path- so that is a good thing :)

I'd have to learn more about the harsh taskmaster to see if that fits. It may! LOL I like things in order- and high self expectations;)

Padma

I missed this and the Capricorn reference. :)
Oh, I am told I am nice- I believe I am practical.
But no- LOL- I am more of a "woot woot where's the party??" sort of girl! LOL Who found out the hard way (working with patients in an energetic technique) that I have to learn grounding/centering etc in order to not take in everyone's "stuff'. Which ultimately lead me down the metaphysical path- so that is a good thing :)

I'd have to learn more about the harsh taskmaster to see if that fits. It may! LOL I like things in order- and high self expectations;)

Well, things in order and high expectations would be Saturn :) and interesting how you got to where you did - the "long winding road" that Saturn takes.

How do you feel your sign then blends with the Obsidian...? (don't want to get off topic!) Since Obsidian is ruled by Capricorn, I thought it might be extra beneficial for you :) much like the Alexandrites are for me. So do you note a relation in between you and the Obsidian?

DownwardSpiral

Do any of you think that if you bought a used Obsidian, it would not work properly...?

I want to say no because maybe there's a reason you and that piece of obsidian were brought together. And maybe the original owner no longer had a need for it. For some reason I'm picturing say a friend who no longer feels the need for extra protection passing it on.

Minotauro

Thank you :) I never knew what it meant to be "too strong" - so I remembered and when I was on my way to work wouldn't put it in my pocket. Interesting about how it interacts with other stones too.
I *might* have snowflake obsidian- will have to really search what I have as I used to know everything I bought :) So thanks for that tip. Maybe a way to ease in towards obsidian? I'd have to be careful maybe - those negative traits I can pick up on pretty easily - which makes it harder to ground/protect (especially if I'm working closely (hands-on) with patients. .. I might fall over if I had one on me- LOL!!! :D A n explosion of negativity! haha
But inner truths - it might be a way of cleansing - getting to the root of stuff. I could use that. Thanks for the info:)!

oh I also forgot to mention that as a grownding stone it could lead to stillness.

someone here had the weirdest experience using obsidian and some other stone
in wich the person felt as if its head just grew larger and larger and took the whole room , haha , pretty weird.

and yes obsidian doesnt just hide your problems , it makes you cronfront them in order to get rid of them. wich in my opinion is cool.

Minotauro

I wonder how many people buy those obsidian carved Gods only to get rid of them? Also this makes me think maybe a carved arrow sitting on the shelf might offer some protection for the house.

I've carried my obsidian palm stone in my pocket for a few days in a row and it must mix well with my energy because I don't remember it affecting my mood in any way or being too strong. Maybe it could also be because there's alot of negativity where I work...so possibly it brought some balance to the situation. I did notice at work since carrying protective stones (as I alternated obsidian with other stones) that management finally seemed to back off. Since I've been working with other crystals I've been leaving my obsidian at home and I've already had a few problems with my supervisor.

Ahaha maybe that's why I see the scarecrow face in my obsidian...he's there to scare all that is bad away : )

well in cases where there is a LOT of negativity ,I think an obsdian is handy haha , you could just put it in your desk insted of carrying it with you. many people do that for the negativity in the workplace. maybe try it and see how it works.

Minotauro

what I find so fascinating about the Obsidian is that the stone is so personal to its owner, like, it is meant to only have the one person that it works with - i guess till that person is gone?

Do any of you think that if you bought a used Obsidian, it would not work properly...?

hmm I dont know I think it is a personal stone , but it could be because it is really strong that the connection is so deep. I've been thinking about lending obsidian to a friend who has been having problems with his boyfriend and she's always in a bad mood , but she doesnt see how bad things are , so this one could protect her from the negativity , hekp her confront the problems and realize how bad things are. (she distrusts him thinks he's hiding something, he trats her badly and a lot of stuff but she just doesnt seem to get it. ) I tyhink hes probably chetaing , and if he is , this stone will helpo her see it , I dont want to be th one who tells her haha , and this ston may help her deal with it. or ease all the negaitivy.

Minotauro

yesterday I think it also helped me in the grounding department , while doing homewrok , Im so bad at it , and yesterday I was really into it , I finished on time and everything and it is one of those papers I ussualy hand in half done hahaha.

and also while lying on the floor , I asked it to help me on more magical endeavours , scrying and whatnot , but by the vibes and feelings I got I dont think it will comply it feels stuborn , and I think it likes to protect haha

DownwardSpiral

well in cases where there is a LOT of negativity ,I think an obsdian is handy haha , you could just put it in your desk insted of carrying it with you. many people do that for the negativity in the workplace. maybe try it and see how it works.

I have a "case" with one drawer and nothing is "safe" where I work. I'm actually only in the office for a very short time...but thank you for thinking of me and making your suggestion. : )

Padma

hmm I dont know I think it is a personal stone , but it could be because it is really strong that the connection is so deep. I've been thinking about lending obsidian to a friend who has been having problems with his boyfriend and she's always in a bad mood , but she doesnt see how bad things are , so this one could protect her from the negativity , hekp her confront the problems and realize how bad things are. (she distrusts him thinks he's hiding something, he trats her badly and a lot of stuff but she just doesnt seem to get it. ) I tyhink hes probably chetaing , and if he is , this stone will helpo her see it , I dont want to be th one who tells her haha , and this ston may help her deal with it. or ease all the negaitivy.

In my Crystal Bible it says that Obsidian will only work with one person, the person who chooses the piece - that is why I was wondering, Mino :) also, you may want to actually take the girl to choose a new piece of it for herself, as this stone is so personal - maybe one she chooses herself, that has never been used, will work better for her? Just a thought....I do not work with this stone, and so you would know better than me!

Minotauro

In my Crystal Bible it says that Obsidian will only work with one person, the person who chooses the piece - that is why I was wondering, Mino :) also, you may want to actually take the girl to choose a new piece of it for herself, as this stone is so personal - maybe one she chooses herself, that has never been used, will work better for her? Just a thought....I do not work with this stone, and so you would know better than me!

I wouldnt know , I had not heard about it , but we'll see I have a few small obsidians I have not used before , but I've been getting ehr into stones lately so she might ust want to buy her own haha , besides at least they are cheap around here XD ahahaha