Soul Cards please help

toj

I found an earlier printing of the first deck recently really cheap and in perfect condition and find I like the cards themselves quite a bit. Not completely sure what to do with them yet but the plan is to incorporate them into dream work somehow. In the meantime I just shuffle and pick 3 and whichever one resonates with me the most is the one I use that day to study. I have no idea if that is good use of them or not.

swedishfish612

Yeah, it's funny. Even the cards where I see something uplifting, the image is still kind of depressing! There was one card I drew a few days ago where it looked like a woman was cradling a ball of golden light. Sounds positive, but somehow the image still felt...blah. Maybe I'm just not connecting with the style of artwork?

Meanwhile, there's one card that is basically a drawing of a skeleton, and the colors in it are a sea green/aqua, yellow and red...and it's my favorite card of the two decks. I love that card!

Tarot by G

Swedishfish you gave me an idea:)
I am going to go through both decks and pick out the ones I actually do like? So see how each card makes me feel. I wonder if I'll get any at all that make me feel happy/positive/good etc.

Tarot by G

Ok I just did this exercise - Soul Cards 1
Only 3 cards stood out the rest were all eeeek I don't want to say bad things but I did not feel nice.

The 2 cards I liked are 1 with a line of people embracing with the earth up high and behind them and the second card I didn't mind is a person with wings on a horse with wings. Quite an angelic card with some beautiful colors swirled through. I'd actually have this one as a painting in my house.

Now the 3rd card - I find really strange if someone, anyone can enlighten me????
A face with 3 fish going horizontal across the page. So they cover the face but you can still see the eyes. There is no colour just very neutral. The eyes look sad. What's the fish mean? So confused!!!!! I can sort of see a crown is it meant to be Jesus? Oh gosh I just don't know:(

Ok off to get soul 2

Tarot by G

Oh gosh i haven't looked at these as close because I was trying to get through soul 1 first but wow what a difference. Now I'm not saying I know what to do with them yet haha but they are so much easier to look at. They are not as dark as soul 1 so much more color and a tad more happiness. I don't get the half human half animal cards but hey atleast they don't make me feel "uneasy" like soul 1 - hmmmm interesting !!!! I think both decks need to be used together FOR SURE!!!!! :)

Any thoughts?

Emily

haha me to I have only looked at 1.

I picked 2 cards today and honestly they make me feel uneasy (not bad) because I just cant connect. I am going to put them away for a few days. I think I am trying to hard. I think I need to spend more time with them.

Emily did you number the cards yourself? I couldn't find any numbers?

Hi Lady G, sorry its took me a couple of days to get back to you, I went away for the weekend. If you look in the back pages of the booklet, the cards are all there and numbered - very small and black and white but better than nothing. :)

Thoughtful

Hi all,
I mainly use tarot cards. But l have oracle decks and the set 1 and 2 of the soul cards.
I run a little development group and l find these soul cards can be quite useful - l spread both sets out on a table and ask each person to take one they don't like and one they do.
We then discuss how both cards make them feel. Its quite amazing how the cards can reveal any hidden fears, or even hopes and wishes. They are very spiritual as well, as most people relate how a card is telling them something about their spiritual progress.

I do put my cards into one set and whenever l feel to ask something l will just fan them out and draw 1 or 2. They can go quite deep, they are not easy all the time and, for getting to the heart of something it can take a lot of meditation.

Edit to include look again at what Alta has posted here.

Emily

I find it easier to draw my cards first thing in the morning, then if I get a card that I'm not sure of, I have all day to see if I can relate to it. Also I'm having to write the card numbers down because I get a lot of the same cards. The rose card is one that seems to keep popping up.

I spread the whole deck over the tabletop and gave them a good shuffle, put the deck back together, pulled a card and it was the rose card LOL At least the deck had a good shuffle because I was beginning to think it was me. :) I have noticed that if I'm tired then I don't get alot out of them at all.

I can see these cards as being really useful when used by a group.

Thoughtful

Hi Emily,
Yes l feel if you are tired that working with any deck be it oracle or tarot is not a good idea, for myself l have to feel that l am in the right place in my head and heart, nice and still and open to receive.
You mention the rose card which l think is the card in the 1st series and is mostly of a brown colour. As it keeps coming up for you it obviously has a message for you. Let me know if this is the right card.

Emily

Hi Emily,
Yes l feel if you are tired that working with any deck be it oracle or tarot is not a good idea, for myself l have to feel that l am in the right place in my head and heart, nice and still and open to receive.
You mention the rose card which l think is the card in the 1st series and is mostly of a brown colour. As it keeps coming up for you it obviously has a message for you. Let me know if this is the right card.

Yes its Number 46 in Soul Cards 1. Its been following me around for the last week or so. I gave them a good shuffle just to clear the deck but I drew it again. Its a good job the card makes me feel comfortable LOL - it wouldn't be so nice if it was a disturbing card. There is also humour in them, I've just drawn a couple of cards that have made me smile after the hectic day I've had.

I do like these cards. I'm working with them as I expected to. It's nice not to be confined by meanings and to let your intuition flow with them. :)